Lumia 900 Chip Chick review

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
All these reports of the camera being a let down are a real bummer. I was hoping that I would be getting a killer camera with a Nokia device, but alas, it looks as though it won't be any better than my iPhone 4's camera.

Here's hoping that it's merely a software issue that Nokia will fix with a future update.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, agree. I use the camera on my Arrive all the time and these Nokia samples look no better than what I'm used to. I really hope it's an issue with people misusing the two-stage camera button... the 900 does have at two-stage button, right?

All these reports of the camera being a let down are a real bummer. I was hoping that I would be getting a killer camera with a Nokia device, but alas, it looks as though it won't be any better than my iPhone 4's camera.

Here's hoping that it's merely a software issue that Nokia will fix with a future update.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Really finding these bumper suggestions ironic, especially since Nokia's advertising campaign directly references the iPhone "antennagate" issue that led to Apple to give iPhone owners free bumpers.

the nokia bumper should be enough to lift the back off the surface, thus no scratches..

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Very positive review... except for the camera, and based on the sample photos posted with the review, it's easy to see why. They look like poop.

Still, it's nice to see that everything else looks great and there's no mention whatsoever of any "lag."

Look at the silver camera band, too:

http://chipchick.chipchick.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/gallery/nokia-900/dsc09243.jpg

Already scratched.

I'm still a bit shocked that Nokia didn't do something about this on the 900; they had to have seen the same thing happen on the 800. They also obviously new something was up: if you look at the videos from CES, all the demo Lumia's had a clear packing strip over the camera band.

Something else I noticed on seeing the AT&T reps devices in person was the sim card tray not lining up with the top. I thought it was just thier laziness, but it appears to be the same in this reviewers unit.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

This camera doesn't look anywhere near as good as the iphone 4's camera, never mind the 4S.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I am going to make sure my silver band won't get scratch. Tape it is! And now I can see the Bad of the camera, It just looks too dark, but looking at the flowers they pop out and look amazing. I will not let that bring me down.

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, agree. I use the camera on my Arrive all the time and these Nokia samples look no better than what I'm used to. I really hope it's an issue with people misusing the two-stage camera button... the 900 does have at two-stage button, right?

I have the Arrive too, and every pic I've seen so far from the Lumia 900 is way better. The Arrive cam is just horrible, It was before HTC recently stepped their game up with the Titan. Anyway, Maybe it's just a firmware issue like the 800. People are forgetting these are rushed devices to the market but any issues I'm sure Nokia will address in a timely fashion

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Sucks about the camera, i took some very badassness pictures in hawaii with my focus S, my GF who is an iphone user was like 0_0...how? I guess i wont see that type of quality any longer.

Oh well, at least ill get LTE :)

scrapple

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
lets hope a software update can make the camera a bit better... prob not, but you never know..

but in all reality, I have a NIKON D90... my camera on my phone is for drunken moments at bars for the most part

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
i never really use my phone to take too many pics so the camera isn't that big of a deal breaker for me.

Most people do though. Looking at these samples & the others that's been posted around, they look no better than my old iPhone 4. And that's almost a 2 year old phone.

Nokia really did this phone an injustice by putting in such crappy optics.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Really finding these bumper suggestions ironic, especially since Nokia's advertising campaign directly references the iPhone "antennagate" issue that led to Apple to give iPhone owners free bumpers.

The difference is this issue doesn't affect the usability of the phone...

The 800 had these complaints and I have seen some amazing photos from 800s. IDK if the 800 had been updated but I'm not worried.

Some great panoramas taken by the Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Creative Studio | WMPoweruser

Those look awesome! I really think that some of the issues are people misusing the two-stage camera button. Either that or there is a bad batch of 900 cameras. Because the pics in this review are pretty bad, but in some other threads, there are pretty good pics taken.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster