04-07-2012 08:47 PM
55 123
tools
    Yea...most reviews aren't all that great.However, at least Aaron from PhoneDog knows this. That is why he is doing a 30 Day Challenge with the 900.
    04-06-2012 07:16 AM
    The camera was a big deturring factor for me, but after seeing some shootouts I don't feel so bad about it anymore. The Lumia 900 does do poorly on some accounts, but one some it's does as well as th competing top tiers. CNet happen to do a quick shootout between the Lumia 900 and iPhone, and on some accounts it looked better, and it didn't look horrible like some photos we've been seeing lately.
    Nokia Lumia 900 camera shoot-out vs. iPhone 4 (photos) | Crave - CNET
    For now, it's a bit inconsistent I think. It can perform, we saw that in the WPCentral review and some samples out there from other reviews, but at the same time there are some horrid photos as well. I think this haze look we're getting is from the apeture. Those photos remind me of over exposed photos that just need a solar filter or something. Wonder if increasing the ISO would help.
    I don't actually have my 900 yet so I can sbstatiate it, but there are a number of customizations that can be done with the 900 such as White Balance, saturation and the like. It's more like a point and shoot than a typical camera phone. This means if you just leave it set for one situation (indoor incandescent lighting) ans shoot outdoors, it won't look as good. If the basic settings are different than the fixed settings on other camera phones, it's guaranteed to look different (and sometimes not as good) under varying conditions. I would bet, if you took the time to adjust the settings for the situation, the 900 would outperfrom every other camera phone out there.
    04-06-2012 12:04 PM
    Gdgt gave it a 90! They said it's the first WP7 device they find on par or even better that all other top cellphones from a design standpoint.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
    04-06-2012 12:27 PM
    It's funny that a completely well written review that points out any shortcomings of wp7 platform is called fanboyism by you guys (oh, the irony).

I agreed 100% with his assessment.. I went back to android myself, I do love the look and feel of wp7 but there are some glaring omissions that need to be adressed. I don't even see how it is debateable really (unless you are a fanboy, which many of you clearly are).

I would definitely consider coming back to wp7 when these are fixed.

It's like anything that isn't 100% positive gets your panties in a knot.

Also the wp7 marketplace is like a graveyard.. You can keep touting numbers all you like about how many new apps have been added, but the number to quality ratio is so low.

Definitely has the largest percentage of absolute crap I've ever seen.
    Last edited by djdtox; 04-07-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    04-07-2012 08:20 PM
    Here is the textual and video reviews from MobileTechReview. Lisa is the most experienced, and one of the more literate reviewers. She doesn't delegate the WP (or any other) reviews to kids. Note the organization of her reviews. Experience means, among other things, that she knows the OS better than most reviewers, so is able to evaluate the device itself more thoroughly.
    Nokia Lumia 900 Review - Windows Phone Reviews by MobileTechReview
    04-07-2012 08:47 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD