CNET Review

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
The Verge Review

In Summary: Everything is great about this phone except the camera, apps, ecosystem, OS, and specs. Non-nerds will love it, but I'm squarely in the Android camp.

Last edited:

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
It would appear there is no general consensus. What one reviewer loves, another hates. Where one reviewer thinks Nokia took shortcuts, another loves the attention to detail.

If you read through all of the reviews and catalog the pros and cons, you will have both the best phone you ever put your hands on or a crime against humanity.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
It would appear there is no general consensus. What one reviewer loves, another hates. Where one reviewer thinks Nokia took shortcuts, another loves the attention to detail.

If you read through all of the reviews and catalog the pros and cons, you will have both the best phone you ever put your hands on or a crime against humanity.
I couldn't have said it any better. These reviews are so spread out there is no way in telling whether this device is good or not.

General trends:
good display
decent battery life
great design
bad camera
lacks apps
Windows Phone is behind the game

Overall score about a 7.8 so pretty solid. The Verge review was very harsh and engadgets was as well.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verge Review

In Summary: Everything is great about this phone except the camera, apps, ecosystem, OS, and specs. Non-nerds will love it, but I'm squarely in the Android camp.

the worse review yet. Not due to score but because it was the most biased one yet... Like he says that text loosk bad to his eyes!!?? really?

he also complains saying that the OS is clunky but doesn't say why..smh

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
The Verge review starts off with saying the Lumia 900 would be the most important review of this year and then goes on to say "I fee like I'm reviewing Windows 7.5 software again" WTF that's a terrible review!

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
that reviewer is getting alot of **** because he's a known windows hater and called it poison, lol

Anyone that knows Joshua Topolsky they know that he is clearly an iPhone ******. That "review" from the Verge is clearly a biased one. Actually, anything on the Verge that isn't iOS usually gets bashed.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that knows Joshua Topolsky they know that he is clearly an iPhone ******. That "review" from the Verge is clearly a biased one. Actually, anything on the Verge that isn't iOS usually gets bashed.

actually when it comes to mobile he's a big android guy

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Well it is also stated that it takes pictures almost as good as the Iphone 4s but only in the correct lighting.

My verdict: Not worth waiting the extra months after the Focus S's release, but still a good enough phone for my upgrade.

It seems a lot of reviewers complain about Windows 7.5, I guess i'm having confidence issues in whether or not this is the right OS for me. I like how it feels....

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The Verge Review

"I think is time to stop giving Windows Phones a break"

Damn those are strong words but he is right. Hopefully those harsh reviews let Microsoft wake up and work hard on making this platform work. This can't be another webOS.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

He's actually been using a google nexus device exclusively for a while, so, no. Josh is actually a pretty fair guy.

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd have to disagree that Josh was fair to the ecosystem. His review read like a Fandroid's rant against all things Microsoft.

Regardless, most of these sites cater to technophiles who click refresh on tech blogs all day to see if anything new has happened (not that I know anyone like that... ;-) ). No normal consumer is going to check out The Verge's review, just as no normal consumer even knows that Engadget or WPCentral exist!

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
He's actually been using a google nexus device exclusively for a while, so, no. Josh is actually a pretty fair guy.

Sorry but Josh is the furthest thing from being fair. He only recently started plugging Android because his Apple bias was becoming too hard to hide with all the good Android devices coming out. He was getting trashed and probably just claims to use an Android device to keep readers on his site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786