Who is leaving apple or android? What have you used?

WPLuver

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence at this point I want the phone but have to convince the wife to let me get it. I but I currently have a samsung galaxys2, have had the droid1-3, samsung fascinate, samsung galaxy nexus, htc droid incredible 2, palm pre, blackberry storm 9500, nokia n76 along with many dumb phones before it. oh and he wife has had the iphone 3g-4-4s. and i cant wait to try this phone out have also had the htc trophy for a short time. i just love the ui of window phone and love nokias hardware

Damn.. Looks like you have money to burn :)

WPLuver

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
also, adreno 205? really?

No wonder you guys have no games...

That gpu is old as **** already. I don't expect everything to have dual core, etc.. but cmon now. A flagship at that price shouldn't be using stuff that outdated.

Some of us don't care a crap about games.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Best Comparison video i saw up to date ..

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkifKnNmeVg&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNiXANtFMC0&feature=relmfu[/YT]

Last edited:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
also, adreno 205? really?

No wonder you guys have no games...

That gpu is old as **** already. I don't expect everything to have dual core, etc.. but cmon now. A flagship at that price shouldn't be using stuff that outdated.
There are a lot of games on Xbox live. Also the games just fine on the Nokia lumia. It's just loads longer. Big deal. It's not gonna freeze or anything

grasshoper

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've left webOS (well not quite since I still own a phone and tablet sporting it) for Windows Phone. Before that I had an iPhone 3GS. I also tested Android on somebody's phone.

Windows Phone, to say the least, is amazing even though not entirely mature. I still love webOS for a lot of things, but WP is smooth (like butter smooth), well thought and has -well- more apps than webOS :p

I definitely don't regret having bought the Lumia 800. The only thing I kinda regret is that my HP Veer has a really good form factor because it fitted on my palm perfectly and was easy to carry. Although the Lumia is easier to read on and with a belt pouch I'll be able to sport it anyway.

I have to say, my experience using Android on a Samsung Galaxy was aweful: with lags, bad and ugly UI and bad reception !

I'm glad WP seems to push through the market one way or another, because it is a solid alternative to the "others".

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of games on Xbox live. Also the games just fine on the Nokia lumia. It's just loads longer. Big deal. It's not gonna freeze or anything

Proof that you have no idea what you're talking about lol...

Also I said graphically intensive games, not the 3-4 year old apple app store rejects you have currently in your marketplace graveyard.**** you guys just got splinter cell conviction haha

Ulairi

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I used webOS then I went to the iPhone 4S and I didn't enjoy the experience at all and now I'm going to try Windows Phone.

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Proof that you have no idea what you're talking about lol...

Also I said graphically intensive games, not the 3-4 year old apple app store rejects you have currently in your marketplace graveyard.**** you guys just got splinter cell conviction haha

This mentality is so absurd. The new craze with playing "high end" games on your phone is silly to me. I am not sating this to defend this device. I'm actually a huge gamer and own every console since Virtual Boy.

I cannot fathom playing games on a touch screen only device. The control is so limited that you are relegated to the same type of experiences. Not only that, but the battery life is completely hosed on any device when playing games. If you think I am willing to sacrifice my only means of communication while I'm on the go to play a game of "Shadowgun" or "Infinity Blade" you have to be smoking something quite strong.

I would rather carry my 3DS or Vita and get a true gaming experience. This argument has been she so many times on so many forums and it always comes down to the same thing. If you are a gamer than you will never look at your phone to satisfy that urge.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
This mentality is so absurd. The new craze with playing "high end" games on your phone is silly to me. I am not sating this to defend this device. I'm actually a huge gamer and own every console since Virtual Boy.

I cannot fathom playing games on a touch screen only device. The control is so limited that you are relegated to the same type of experiences. Not only that, but the battery life is completely hosed on any device when playing games. If you think I am willing to sacrifice my only means of communication while I'm on the go to play a game of "Shadowgun" or "Infinity Blade" you have to be smoking something quite strong.

I would rather carry my 3DS or Vita and get a true gaming experience. This argument has been she so many times on so many forums and it always comes down to the same thing. If you are a gamer than you will never look at your phone to satisfy that urge.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

The mentality of carrying around four different devices is more absurd for me..

I love playing games on my phone and obviously so do many others.

Enjoy paying a huge premium for a three year old CPU/gpu..

If you don't think that is part of the reason wp7 is failing so hard then I dunno what to tell you.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The mentality of carrying around four different devices is more absurd for me..

I love playing games on my phone and obviously so do many others.

Enjoy paying a huge premium for a three year old CPU/gpu..

If you don't think that is part of the reason wp7 is failing so hard then I dunno what to tell you.

more people have played and have paid for Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, and etc than ANY graphic intensive game EVER MADE!!!

so your argument is mute as people don't value those types of games as much as you might think

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
more people have played and have paid for Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, and etc than ANY graphic intensive game EVER MADE!!!

so your argument is mute as people don't value those types of games as much as you might think

Go look at the numbers for shadowgun, etc

Then try to tell me there isn't a market for it.

Wp7 has the worst app store I've ever seen..

dblake15

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Go look at the numbers for shadowgun, etc

Then try to tell me there isn't a market for it.

Wp7 has the worst app store I've ever seen..

Honestly I think most people play games on their ipad. The 3.5 screen a little too small. Most hardcore gamers are console or pc, not phone.

This marketplace reminds me of the start of the app store and now Google play store. It will get better. But a game argument in my opinion is a pretty weak one.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
market is definitely ALLOT smaller than Angry Birds, Cut the Rope and etc...checkmate dude

casual games is where the money is

Not checkmate at all..

There is a huge market for graphically intensive games as well, and on a phone in that price range you should get specs that can keep up.

I would say checkmate actually since the marketshare numbers alone demonstrate that a smooth ui with no substance is obviously not enough..

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I think most people play games on their ipad. The 3.5 screen a little too small. Most hardcore gamers are console or pc, not phone.

This marketplace reminds me of the start of the app store and now Google play store. It will get better. But a game argument in my opinion is a pretty weak one.

Not really most people I know who left left because of a lack of apps and games.

I'm one of them..

Also it's been around two years now, time for the excuses to stop.

Plus I have a 4.5 inch screen actually, great for games

Ulairi

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Not checkmate at all..

There is a huge market for graphically intensive games as well, and on a phone in that price range you should get specs that can keep up.

I would say checkmate actually since the marketshare numbers alone demonstrate that a smooth ui with no substance is obviously not enough..

Nintendo earns more revenue from one Pokemon release than all the games in the app store combined. So, what's your point?

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not checkmate at all..

like it or not, games like Angry Birds sells platforms..just look at the numbers...not having Angry Birds would hurt allot more than those graphic games that can't even hold a candle to a ps vita

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Not checkmate at all..

I am sorry but marketshare numbers are not co-related to what high intensive games you have on your device.

I would argue marketing, word of mouth, peer pressure, look of device, etc rank much higher in mindshare than if it has some leet game on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077