Who is leaving apple or android? What have you used?

asuprice

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting for my preorder. Currently using an iPhone 4S. Have used an HTC Vivid, galaxy sii, galaxy sii skyrocket, galaxy nexus and galaxy note. Very excited about jumping into windows phone.

Inkerguy

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I've used iPhones since the very first. My son has an android phone and I've messed with it but it didn't seem too different from iOS. I'm not a heavy customizer or power user and Mango has the freshness and Lumia has the beauty that I like :) can't wait for the 900.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the iphone 3gs, 4, 4s, and i just sold my unlocked gsm galaxy nexus (volume sucks) anyway using my HTC surround until my pre ordered black lumia 900 arrives friday can't wait i really want this to compete it will bring those developers over so we can get some great apps on this platform once that happens its only up for windowsphone 7 or 8 going uuuupp ooooooohweeeeee whats up wit that.....

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence at this point I want the phone but have to convince the wife to let me get it. I but I currently have a samsung galaxys2, have had the droid1-3, samsung fascinate, samsung galaxy nexus, htc droid incredible 2, palm pre, blackberry storm 9500, nokia n76 along with many dumb phones before it. oh and he wife has had the iphone 3g-4-4s. and i cant wait to try this phone out have also had the htc trophy for a short time. i just love the ui of window phone and love nokias hardware

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 4S. I've had an iPhone 3gs, Blackberry Torch 9800, Blackberry Torch 9810, Samsung Captivate, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy SII. I really hope my Lumia shows up Friday!

dcrogers25

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ditching my Nexus S 4G and Android due to force closes, hiccups, fragmentation, and stale hardware design (although the One X looks nice). Will miss some apps but I am keeping the Nexus S to use around the house on WiFI to play Scramble With Friends, etc. Can't wait to get into WP7.5 on this amazing looking device.

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My current phone is a Nexus One and before that I had the iPhone 3GS. I absolutely loathed the Windows Mobile OS, was always a Symbian guy, but after playing around with Windows Phone I got to give Microsoft some credit. After playing around with 7.5 they have earned my money.

After tinkering around with jailbraking iOS and fooling around with Android, I am just ready for something that I don't have to "dick" around with. Just function and ease is what I am interested in now.

Last edited:

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
After three years of using a rooted android device I totally understand you. I just want to be able to pull a phone out of the box and have a fully functional phone that I don't have to tinker with and void my warranty just to uninstall carrier apps, and fix the numerous bugs that's it's released with. I just want a good daily driver

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I am dumping BlackBerry after dumping Android and my laggy Galaxy S2 (Google has become frightening)...I'll never go back to iPhone....and after using the HTC Surround on and off for weeks...This is the OS for me.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been using an iPhone since launch day of the first one, I had a focus flash for a couple weeks in January before they announced the 900 at which point I returned it.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Leaving my HTC Fuze... finally! :D Honestly, I think I know what it feels to own an Android after using Windows Mobile 6.x for so long on something so open. All that customizing, by the time you find what's right, you're already stuck in the past with obselete hardware and software that runs better natively on the newer stuff. I finally got a 6.1 ROM the way I wanted it about 2 months ago. I can't imagine what Android users do, probably flash 2-3 times a day maybe? I know I was with Windows Mobile initially.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Leaving an iPhone 4. I had a Titan before that (it was too big), HD7 (left T-Mobile for AT&T), My Touch 4G (Android blows), Moto Droid, Black Berry Curve, Samsung Instinct, Sidekick 3, Palm Treo 755p.

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Leaving my iPhone 4, which is really only my second smartphone after an iPhone 3G. I have never owned, and never want to own, an Android, which for a host of reasons, I loathe. I'm very curious to see if I can make the switch to WP7, but I'm sure it will be fine in a few weeks.

MechanizedSunrise

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Went WM5 to WM6 to iOS to Android. Now we're going full circle back to Windows.

What bothered me the most was that Windows Mobile had automatic, built-in bluetooth syncing over half a decade ago, but then that feature disappeared on the "mainstream" smartphones until recently.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Adios to Verizon and the Thunderbolt once Good for Enterprise is released. If the 900 doesn't upgrade to WP8 then I assume I'll need to cross that bridge when it comes.

Beacio_mo

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I've used an iPhone 2G, 3G, and currently have the 4. I've tried and returned the Galaxy S2, Skyrocket, and the Focus Flash. For my commute (I'm in sales and on the road a lot) I felt the WP7 was the best. Im excited to get the 900 and love using the voice commands to open apps on the road

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
leaving both had every single iPhone and had multiple androids, G1, Hero, Galaxy S, HTC Inspire 4G ,Galaxy S2, Nexus one , Nexus S , Galaxy Nexus im sure there are a few that i missed. Basically bored with iOS even though it works flawless and bored with android because it isnt flawless and still feels uncomplete

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the iPhone since it first came out in 2007; stood in line on launch day. I've had the original, 3G, and currently have the iPhone 4. I eagerly awaited the release of what turned out to be the 4S and was completely disappointed. More disappointed finding out it does not get any better 3G network speeds or signal than my iP4 so there was no reason to upgrade. My iPhone 4 is fine and iOS is rock solid but I'm more or less just bored with it. I've been staring at the same screen of inactive icons forever it seems.

Not interested in Android or any Google product.

Before the iPhone Nokia was my favorite manufacturer. After handling the Lumia 900 after these years away I was very happy to see they retained their build quality which is second only to Apple IMO.

BallistaMan

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm at least partially migrating from iOS. Keeping my iPad 2 around but I will be retiring the 2nd gen. Touch that introduced me to the ecosystem (it crashes any time I click a link in an email, so it's time).

This will actually be my first smartphone. I nearly bought a Venue Pro years ago, but I've been in one of those "wait for something better" modes since '10 and the Lumia is finally it.

B00m79

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix (which recently drowned in a trip through the washer). Can't wait to get this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise