Who is leaving apple or android? What have you used?

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry but marketshare numbers are not co-related to what high intensive games you have on your device.

I would argue marketing, word of mouth, peer pressure, look of device, etc rank much higher in mindshare than if it has some leet game on it.

So them why are so many users leaving and coming back to ios and Android?

Lol

Take a guess...

Ulairi

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Not checkmate at all..

There is a huge market for graphically intensive games as well, and on a phone in that price range you should get specs that can keep up.

I would say checkmate actually since the marketshare numbers alone demonstrate that a smooth ui with no substance is obviously not enough..

Not really most people I know who left left because of a lack of apps and games.

I'm one of them..

Also it's been around two years now, time for the excuses to stop.

Plus I have a 4.5 inch screen actually, great for games

If you really wanted high end games you'd be playing them on a high end device and a touchscreen phone just isn't it.

Ulairi

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

Lol

Take a guess...

This post doesn't even make sense. Users of what? Windows Phone? Do you have any evidence? No one is going to iOS or Android to get high end games, whatever that even means.

dblake15

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Not really most people I know who left left because of a lack of apps and games.

I'm one of them..

And that was what you and your friends thought were important. Right now I am seeing a lot of business people switching over to windows phone as we have heard it does business apps the best. I am coming from a long run on Android and ios and need something quick and easy with good battery life that will work.

Businesses are now looking to switch because they have blackberries and we can all see that writing on the wall. Those are thousands of users that do not play games on their phone.

Donta79

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for my preorder. Currently using an iPhone 4S. Have used an HTC Vivid, galaxy sii, galaxy sii skyrocket, galaxy nexus and galaxy note. Very excited about jumping into windows phone.
Maybe for the White Lumia 900 but it will be hard leaving a 64GB Dual Core iphone.
The iphone currently has:
- better camera
- better processor / CPU/ GPU
- Retina Display
I was really hoping for a little more space on the Lumia and a better processor/GPU for Xbox live gaming. I was also hope it would compete better against the iphone specs wise..............

As I said the White Lumia is nice, i will take a look at it but i can't see switching just yet.

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but at this time I think it is pointless to continue arguing with dtox. I hate the likes of gams like Angry Birds because it has made people think that this is gaming. But I am also not blind to the fact of how successful it is. It is the reason people play games on their phones in general. I give them their credit.

Dtox, you are looking at this like the phone is a viable platform for REAL gaming. It is not. And if I need to explain the 30 ways that makes this statement true then you sir are not a gamer. Gamers will stick to their platforms and casuals all stick to theirs. If there is one place that segregation is acceptable, this is it. I don't care if the graphics one day rival PS3, as long as it stays strictly touch screen and a battery hog it will stay where it belongs.

Here's to Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, and all the "with Friends" games. Continue to dominate the mobile market and leave the real gaming to the PC's and dedicated consoles.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
This post doesn't even make sense. Users of what? Windows Phone? Do you have any evidence? No one is going to iOS or Android to get high end games, whatever that even means.

I never said high end games necessarily but a lack of apps and games..

Your marketplace has the worst quality to number ratio I've ever seen.

The marketshare is plenty of evidence :p

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but at this time I think it is pointless to continue arguing with dtox. I hate the likes of gams like Angry Birds because it has made people think that this is gaming. But I am also not blind to the fact of how successful it is. It is the reason people play games on their phones in general. I give them their credit.

Dtox, you are looking at this like the phone is a viable platform for REAL gaming. It is not. And if I need to explain the 30 ways that makes this statement true then you sir are not a gamer. Gamers will stick to their platforms and casuals all stick to theirs. If there is one place that segregation is acceptable, this is it. I don't care if the graphics one day rival PS3, as long as it stays strictly touch screen and a battery hog it will stay where it belongs.

Here's to Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, and all the "with Friends" games. Continue to dominate the mobile market and leave the real gaming to the PC's and dedicated consoles.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Once again I never said any of what you're trying to derive from what I said.

Simply that I don't want to carry four devices just because Nokia wants to put old chips in their phones :)

Why pay the same prices phone with old specs when I can get top of the line specs and goods apps and games to boot?

Games are getting more graphically demanding whether you like it it not

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Lol

Take a guess...

1) Where are you numbers to support this? Windows Phone market share is small. I agree. I just switched from Android myself as of this past Friday. I don't think I will be going back.

2) There is nothing to guess on. You are just guessing.

Ecosystem is important but simple games like Angry Birds, Words with Friends, and Draw with friends (whatever it is called ) drive people towards ecosystems more than any high end game period.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
1) Where are you numbers to support this? Windows Phone market share is small. I agree. I just switched from Android myself as of this past Friday. I don't think I will be going back.

2) There is nothing to guess on. You are just guessing.

Ecosystem is important but simple games like Angry Birds, Words with Friends, and Draw with friends (whatever it is called ) drive people towards ecosystems more than any high end game period.

Where are the numbers supporting the converse?

The market share is in the decline if anything..

Every person I met who left and came back was because of the lack of substance and also glaring omissions in the OS, both things which much be addressed

dblake15

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

I'm one of them..

Every person I met who left and came back was because of the lack of substance and also glaring omissions in the OS, both things which much be addressed

I am interested in what glaring omissions? I am getting mine Monday so would love to hear

Ulairi

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

You have no evidence and that's ok. I feel sorry for you, your life is so small and insignificant that you spend time on a forum for a product you don't even own or seem to enjoy. That's ok and I hope this brings you happiness.

I haven't received my phone yet (I'll get it Monday) but I'm coming from the iPhone and I'm excited not to use an OS that is long in the tooth.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I am interested in what glaring omissions? I am getting mine Monday so would love to hear

A lot of little things that get to be tiresome..

Inability to control separate volumes, no forward button or option in the browser, the multitasking almost always kicks apps back to the start (they reload almost every time), terrible notification system, inability to select custom tile colors (unless Dev unlocked which many phones haven't been yet)...

There are much more and I can point you to a few good threads outlining them all if you like.

That being said there is a lot to like about the OS.just not enough to hold me over. I keep checking the forums for info on what Apollo or tango will have/fix.

I would definitely consider coming back if the OS ever fixes things, which I think may be a long time away.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
You have no evidence and that's ok. I feel sorry for you, your life is so small and insignificant that you spend time on a forum for a product you don't even own or seem to enjoy. That's ok and I hope this brings you happiness.

I haven't received my phone yet (I'll get it Monday) but I'm coming from the iPhone and I'm excited not to use an OS that is long in the tooth.

I have plenty of evidence, the numbers speak for themselves..

I actually do really like the look and feel of the OS.
I just also admit there is a lot that needs to change before it can ever take over.

dblake15

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

Inability to control separate volumes, no forward button or option in the browser, the multitasking almost always kicks apps back to the start (they reload almost every time), terrible notification system, inability to select custom tile colors (unless Dev unlocked which many phones haven't been yet)...

There are much more and I can point you to a few good threads outlining them all if you like.

That being said there is a lot to like about the OS.just not enough to hold me over. I keep checking the forums for info on what Apollo or tango will have/fix.

I would definitely consider coming back if the OS ever fixes things, which I think may be a long time away.

Thanks for the insight. I will still have my galaxy nexus gsm that I can go back to if windows phone does not meet my needs. I am just sick of the slowness of Android

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the insight. I will still have my galaxy nexus gsm that I can go back to if windows phone does not meet my needs. I am just sick of the slowness of Android

My phone is super peppy so I guess I just don't have the same experience as you..

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

i know you don't want to get into that argument....coming from an Android ****** who Pre-ordered the G1 even when everyone was dismissing it....i had Android 1.0 all the way up to 2.4 and my list for gripes is WAAAYY longer than yours is for WP

no OS is perfect, just perfect for you...and if you are judging by graphic intense games and marketshare??? then there is no one here or in the world that can make u happy brother

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
i know you don't want to get into that argument....coming from an Android ****** who Pre-ordered the G1 even when everyone was dismissing it....i had Android 1.0 all the way up to 2.4 and my list for gripes is WAAAYY longer than yours is for WP

no OS is perfect, just perfect for you...and if you are judging by graphic intense games and marketshare??? then there is no one here or in the world that can make u happy brother

No gripes for me here..

And I'm not judging on that, saying simply that better specs would vastly improve things and more apps and games are extremely important.

There are simple things missing from the OS that really are glaring omissions.

Obviously a lot of people feel the same way..

It could and will hopefully get better

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey nerds guess what, most people don't care about what you care about. They care about the things that make WP7 better than iOS and Android (fast, easy, battery life, social networks, etc). So deal with it. :)

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I owned all versions of an Iphone. And the WP7 OS is already so much easier to use. I don't feel like I have to launch 2-3 apps just to do something. Its all right there.

loving the OS and Hardware!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo