Regret Pre-Order

Kendo45

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else regret pre-ordering the phone? With all of the negative reviews, I'm wondering if I should have just waited for Apollo.

I think all of us hoping this would boost the market share of WP7 will be disappointed as well. I've visited various forums (both phone, and unrelated) and the general consensus is that it's just a mediocre phone.

garbanian

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You have 30 days to return the phone.
Test it yourself and see if you like it.
Your opinion is the only one that matters in the end.

Kendo45

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You can always sackride iphone/android if you like reviews so much.

Well, reviews review the phone, so that's my only source of knowing whether or not the phone will be good. I haven't seen a single glowing review of it. The general consensus is just "blah".

zeteo313

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had preordered, then I cancelled it until I could see the phone. I went to see the phone today. I was greatly disappointed in the physical structure. Why on earth would a manufacturer put a glass screen at least 2 mm above the bezel? Poor design. I am glad I cancelled, I am out! I will look at the Titan 2 next week.

auniverseaway

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, reviews review the phone, so that's my only source of knowing whether or not the phone will be good. I haven't seen a single glowing review of it. The general consensus is just "blah".

My only question mark is camera quality. I'm well aware of all the other issues... poor ppi, app ecosystem, etc.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Most of the negatives or blahness was the ecosystem and how the OS isnt like iOS or Android.

So if you have used Mango before, OS shouldn't be an issue since there was no announcement of a huge update coming to any existing phones or new phones. So the OS basically is the same with some fixes.

Now that leaves you with the hardware, specs, and camera. Most of the reviews i read had a positive opinion about the hardware and design. The camera on the other hand is kind of mixed so perhaps you are not liking the opinions on the camera? Finally, the specs are dated and this was nothing new. We all knew what the specs were going to be for months now so that should not be a surprise. So you are regretting your pre-order based on a review that pretty much explains what we already knew for months now. What exactly are you surprised about and what exactly are you regretting?

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
What was the bad about expect lack of apps and that the camera is just average (at the lumia 800 is a setting thing that you can fix by yourself, and lumia 900 has the same camera).

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Most reviews have been positive, except for the fact that there are "only" 70,000 apps in the Marketplace. WTF does that have to do with the Lumia 900. Nokia is probably responsible for all unrest in the world too.

And the whole camera spec/performance thing. In three years I have taken maybe 500-700 photos with my phone and have printed exactly 2; 8 x 10 to be precise. And the both came out excellent. Almost all of the pictures I take, and view, on my phone look good, except when I shake. If you are a photographer, please spend your money on a "real" camera and stop *****ing. About 38 hours to go (or sooner) before I am holding my Lumia 900.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else regret pre-ordering the phone? With all of the negative reviews, I'm wondering if I should have just waited for Apollo.

I think all of us hoping this would boost the market share of WP7 will be disappointed as well. I've visited various forums (both phone, and unrelated) and the general consensus is that it's just a mediocre phone.

There has only been one bad review that I read and I firmly believe they had a motive.

prosimian

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Huh, all of the post-review concerns are strange to me. I'm not active in the WP world, so I've not been up to date on the news. And yet, I feel like every complaint made about the 900 was something I was already aware of when I pre-ordered. ****, I even pre-ordered off contract so I can save my upgrade for either the next iPhone or, hopefully, a killer Nokia Apollo phone.

That's my long way of saying - nope, no regrets here. I knew going in the phone was bulky, with a low-res screen, last year's internals, and a below par marketplace. I'm cool with all that! The phone, as a total package that's greater than the sum of it's parts, just makes me want it!

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
"All the negative reviews" mainly is centered around the Windows Phone OS itself, not the actual device, although WP isn't for everyone so you can't expect glowing reviews from 100% of people. Everything that is quote-unquote "wrong" with WP7 and its ecosystem is what I find appealing - the lack of apps (I am a developer), the layout of the apps/tiles (better than rows of icons, see that enough on Windows desktop) and so on. I don't think WP7 is perfect for even me, but I have used iOS and Android enough to know I am not keen on what the general UX entails. A 15 months ago, I hated WP because of all the issues it had. Now, I think it is maturing quite nicely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire