Rogers Pre-Orders Are Shipping

ttop

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Just got the shipping confirmation email and tracking number. Shipping VIA UPS. It says up to four days :(

Great news! Your device is on its way.

We just wanted to let you know that the Nokia Lumia 900 you reserved is on its way to the store in a box with your name on it. At your request, your device is being shipped to:

Shipments typically take up to four days. These are your tracking details so you can confirm when the delivery will arrive at the store:

After you confirm that your device has arrived, please visit the store to complete your transaction.

Please note: the store will hold your Nokia Lumia 900 until 4/23/2012 on your behalf.
If you do not pick up your device by this time, the store will be free to make the device available to the next customer. Please ensure you bring appropriate identification so they can verify that you are the primary account holder.

The reservation fee of $40.00 + taxes will now be credited back to your Rogers invoice next month.

For questions about the Reservation System, please click here to review our Frequently Asked Questions.

Thank you once again for using our Rogers Reservation System. We hope you enjoy your new device, thank you for your valued business.

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
That's fascinating. There is no hint yet of an availability date on Rogers' web site. I guess we should be seeing them in stores some time next week, well before the rumoured April 18!

soxoh4

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine as well, yet the service says its next day morning delivery. Here's hoping it arrives tomorrow.

Alas UPS don't work Good Friday or Easter Sunday. So it'll really only get moving Saturday and we'd be very lucky for it to hit the store then. Fingers crossed though! :)

soxoh4

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Rogers store today said it probably wouldn't be Monday as if it arrives in the warehouse on Monday (the tracking gives Monday as delivery date) the it could take "a day or two to get into our system". This pre-order thing better pay off :)

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
For me the ups tracking says it already picked up from the rogers wear house and it's with ups concord location. Delivery is monday

soxoh4

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine says that too. But it's a long way from Concord to the maritimes and even if it does arrive in the store on Monday they could a day or two to get it into their system. I'll haunt them tomorrow for it though to keep the pressure on :)

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to find any hint of when it's launching in-store. I talked to a rep in a store in Ottawa on Saturday, and he said they have received no stock or promotional materials, and he has never actually seen the phone. So April 10 seems unlikely.

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm interesting. With shipments going out to people though the phone must be expected sooner rather than later. While I do not follow Rogers with an eagle eye how many cases can there be of a website order of a phone beating the unit in stores by more than a few days?

In the case of the Lumia 710 I got it the day it came in to my local Rogers, and interestingly there was not promotional material at all for it for two or three weeks after. I picked it up at that store before pre-orders arrived to members of this site.

Hopefully sooner rather than later :)

soxoh4

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It is bizarre. Hopefully people will be getting theirs tomorrow. Pricing is in the system as the guy at the store was able to tell me exactly how much I'd be paying for mine off contract. And yet no release date or official pricing for off contract has been released!
I suspect tomorrow will be the announcement of sometime this week.
One possibility is that with UPS not working over this weekend many pre-orders won't be available until 10th/11th and having them freely available in stores while pre-orderers haven't received theres yet tends to be bad pr?

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I tweeted Rogers yesterday. They tweeted me back today saying release is tomorrow, sort of. "Look for it tomorrow" followed by a link to the new page on their site for it.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's strange. I'm sure the other colours will show up in good time. Perhaps this is part of the AT&T "exclusive", since otherwise they only had the phone a few days before us.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So why am I still posting to this thread? Turns out the online ordering only works for new connections. For upgrades you have to go to the store.

Haven't found any stores that stock them yet or can even say when they'll be in.

Sigh...

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Going to call a few Rogers locations in Toronto, see if any get stock today. Many said (on Saturday) they were expecting them in today.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
A few Rogers stores in the Toronto area are selling them. Managed to pick one up "no-term", but I have to say, this phone is pretty massive in comparison to the Lumia 800.

One gripe, and I'm blaming this one on Rogers, they normally accept Fido sim cards without a problem, but in this case, it's not taking. Will have to contact them for an unlock code (doubtful), or have to try a third party.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb