How to move contacts from IPhone 4s to Lumia 900?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timback

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering whats the best and easiest way to move my numbers from my iPhone to the new lumia 900, this is my first windows phone and I am not sure how it works with syncing.

Is there a way to sync photos and music from iTunes ?

Thanks

JRBTempe

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been researching the contacts issue myself and it seems that syncing your address book to Google will do the trick.

Assuming you're on a Mac, Microsoft has a free app on the Mac App Store for syncing music and photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have all my contacts on my Google account and all I do is sign into whatever device I'm using and my contacts appear without doing anything. Tomorrow I'll just sign into my Google account in my Lumia 900 and my contacts will all be there. If you don't have a Google account I suggest you get one and sign into your iPhone sync contacts to Google and you should be good to go.

IMO this is the easiest way to manage your accounts no matter what platform you use.

Timback

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok , thanks guys, I do have a google account and all my contacts are there, I didn't know that it can be done on a Microsoft platform , I know it can be done on android.
Thanks again

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Btw, you can also do this with Windows Live. That's something from Microsoft in case you didn't know. Log in with your Live ID and contacts, mail and calendar all sync up. Done.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok , thanks guys, I do have a google account and all my contacts are there, I didn't know that it can be done on a Microsoft platform , I know it can be done on android.
Thanks again

It can be done on WP7, Android, iOS, Blackberry and even WebOS. Re read my first post, I'm gonna do it on my Lumia 900 tomorrow. I have an HTC Titan and have my contacts via Google. Any device which you can sign into with your Google account will support Google contact, calendar and email sync.

I prefer to do it through Outlook via Windows Phone 7 because I feel the syncing works better.

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
The Windows Live route is the best for Windows Phone due to the full integration of Windows Live and Windows Phone.

When you are setting up the phone for the first time, it asks you for a Windows Live ID. If you have one, it logs you in and will sync all of your data.

Most phones will take a Live ID or Hotmail account and sync data. I know the iPhone will, as I have had my Hotmail account on my old iPhones. It was rather easy to transfer all of my contacts to a Windows Phone when I had to.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has an app under the "Nokia Collection" on Marketplace called Contacts Transfer which I believe uses Bluetooth to transfer all your contacts.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
As far as music and photos from iTunes, just add the paths (somewhere in the Zune "Settings") to your iTunes music and pictures folder and it'll sync the media in there to your phone. Keep in mind if you have old DRM'd music, it won't sync. But if you downloaded them anytime after 2009, it should be DRM free.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Syncing them to Gmail or Hotmail would be the easiest way. If you would be new to both of them, Hotmail would be the better choice cause you will need to have one for your phone anyway.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
gmail and live mail both will work and are probably the most seamless way to do it.

what i did when i first went to wp was to transfer contacts from gmail to live mail and then cleaned them up, as my gmail contact list was pretty cluttered with random emails and old contacts.

ddaniel87

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way if you use an iphone: is to back up contacts and calendars to outlook on windows computer or to ical and contacts on mac. Once done, you can import into your gmail account. windows live is great but its importing is poor. if you import the csv file to windows live it drops and scrambles information quite often. And you can scratch having contact photos. If you have a windows computer with outlook synced to icloud, you should be able to sync your outlook to windows live but i have not tried this method so not sure of its efficiency or functionality. I use a mac and found the simplest way is to export the vcards and then import to gmail. I also do this with multiple calendars to google calendars. About once a month I do it again. I have seen on discussion boards where windows phone for mac is contemplating adding the functionality to sync contacts and calendars similar to how windows sync did in the days of old. but this hasnt happened yet.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to sync Windows Live with Android for the calendar and contacts? And will this in turn sync with Outlook?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way if you use an iphone: is to back up contacts and calendars to outlook on windows computer or to ical and contacts on mac. Once done, you can import into your gmail account. windows live is great but its importing is poor. if you import the csv file to windows live it drops and scrambles information quite often. And you can scratch having contact photos. If you have a windows computer with outlook synced to icloud, you should be able to sync your outlook to windows live but i have not tried this method so not sure of its efficiency or functionality. I use a mac and found the simplest way is to export the vcards and then import to gmail. I also do this with multiple calendars to google calendars. About once a month I do it again. I have seen on discussion boards where windows phone for mac is contemplating adding the functionality to sync contacts and calendars similar to how windows sync did in the days of old. but this hasnt happened yet.

it's not a bad thing to lose the contact pictures that gmail stores, as they are piss poor in quality and size, live mail stores much better pictures so it's better to add those back for the contacts that aren't on facebook/twitter

but i agree if you have a lot of the extra fields filled in, the straight import isn't as good as it could be.

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I vote to import your contacts to Hotmail. Its the easiest way and works! As for your music and photos, once you install the Zune client it will search your PC for music and pictures (you may have to point it to where you store files if its not obvious like "MY Music") Log into you phone with a live ID, connect to ZUne and your done.

colbs14

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Nokia contact app worked very quickly from iPhone 4 to Lumia 900 over bluetooth. From reading this thread to downloading the app and synching contacts took all of 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)