Most honest, refreshing WP review yet

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've always had massive respect for Andy Ihnatko from my Mac/iPhone dealings. He's a good all around journalist. This has to be the most honest, straightforward, "hit the spot" review of WP and the 900 yet. Enjoy.
Chicago Sun-Times Review

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i really liked this review, it was good in that it didn't gloss over the good or the bad with windows phone, but rather showed what windows phone can do, and made it easy for a potential new user to the platform can make an informed decision on whether windows phone is going to be good for them or not.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
while the bing music search is awesome in that it's baked in and does the search live, soundhound/shazam are far more reliable in getting me results as of right now.

no doubt msft will continue to make their integrated features better over time, and it definitely deserved mentioning, but it was still quite thorough.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
That was a great review! I really like his writing style. I think the difference between this review and most others, is that he said he has spent months with WP and a full week with just the 900. I'm hoping Aaron from phonedog will have the same revelations at the end of his 30 day challenge.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
This review should be a basis on how to objectively review something. Point out strengths and also opportunities but don't bash based upon what you currently use. Very professional. I even like it better than the CNet review, but then again, Jessica Dolcourt is no Bonnie Cha or Kent German and can still use some polish.

Again, great review and I'd love to see what be says about the Titan II

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
And you have to remember that Andy is a big Apple user. In face, he is one of the co-hosts of MacBreak Weekly on the TWiT network!

MacBreak Weekly 293 | TWiT.TV

So that's a major plus, but he is a smart and fair guy so I wouldn't expect bias like The Verge's review.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss