(Official) I just got my Lumia 900

sumorabbit

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
arrived today courtesy the FedEx man! :p

My wife's and my 1st smartphones, upgrading from old Samsung Syncs!

Got mine charged; connected to home wifi. Need to reset my long-unused Live account password.

How long does AT&T's "activation" take? It said I could keep using my old phone, but once I started, it became "local calls" only. Been more than 30 minutes.

Anyway, lots to learn!

-Chris
Mine was instantaneous. I left the store while talking on my new 900 so as for a wait time, I really can't offer much help. It's weird that your phone is.....half activated? Meaning it will make local calls rather than full operation or none. Possibly a good idea to grab another phone or use yours if it's local and call AT&T for some details on your issue. Wish ya luck!

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my white one today. I haven't used a smartphone since my WM 6.5 Samsung Epix. It'll take a little getting used to, but I'm enjoying it so far. I think MS did a wonderful job integrating social media into the phone. So far I've noticed the pinkish hue on white walls in the camera app, but that's not to bothersome to me personally. I still have a lot left to go to setting everything up the way I'd like it.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Got 3 of this monster (All Blacks) << not the rugby team :p.

And boy I am so glad I did, but where the **** did all the cyan gel cases go ?? I went to more than 10 ATT stores (NY,NJ and CT) it's sold out every where.

I've already smoked a couple of iPhones and a Samsung Galaxy 2 or whatever its called.

touchpad4760

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine was instantaneous. I left the store while talking on my new 900 so as for a wait time, I really can't offer much help. It's weird that your phone is.....half activated? Meaning it will make local calls rather than full operation or none. Possibly a good idea to grab another phone or use yours if it's local and call AT&T for some details on your issue. Wish ya luck!

Thanks for the reply - got it figured out w/ ATT phone support.

Basically, I needed to do a full power-cycle of the phone.

Specifically because I had done the activation online - while the phone was on - it got into this state. (No, couldn't make any calls. Mine said "no SIM" and my wife's said "invalid SIM").

-C

yosagojimbo

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
just bit the bullet and got my white Lumia 900 from phones4u.co.uk in bromborough

excellent service, got ?5 discount on monthly bill and ?100 cashback in shop
(along with sending request for free headphones, happy days)

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Finally converted my gf to Lumia from Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. Went in to AT&T store, knowing I would have to shell out $400+tax for it since I'm not eligible for an upgrade for another 1 year and 5 months. Rep went into the back, 5 min later comes out with a cyan Lumia and his manager. His manager said Nokia is running some kind of a promotion and they offered me a BIGJAMBOX by Jawbox ($300 value) for "free" if I do an early upgrade. I ended up paying $390 incl. tax for a Lumia and Big Jambox instead of $400+tax for a device only. This is an even sweeter deal because I was planning to get Big Jambox in 2 weeks anyway. I also got 25% discount on gel case. Yes, I got an early upgrade but I don't care much about upgrades because I'm planning on getting WP8 Nokia unlocked next year.

So if anyone is planning to get a Lumia, ask about the early upgrade and Big Jambox promotion.

thescotsman1701

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine online at 10.30pm on Monday and it arrived at 8.30am on Tuesday so I was well pleased. Overall I am pretty pleased and its a big difference over my old Nokia 5800. Only issue I am having is that I can seem to get the phone to use the ringtones that I have downloaded to the phone despite doing exactly what it says in the manual.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
got the phone (black with a cyan bumper) on Saturday and love it.. By far the best OS.. I only miss the iPod from the iPhone.. android is by far the worst of the three.. The live tiles and overall interface is always refreshing.. Just need to figure out Zune Pass..

Coming from a Samsung Galaxy S II and a iPhone 4

kaupo8

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine online at 10.30pm on Monday and it arrived at 8.30am on Tuesday so I was well pleased. Overall I am pretty pleased and its a big difference over my old Nokia 5800. Only issue I am having is that I can seem to get the phone to use the ringtones that I have downloaded to the phone despite doing exactly what it says in the manual.
Yea i am waiting for my white lumia to upgrade from 5800 same as you :)

emirozmen

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Had it for 1 or 2 days. It gave me some trouble at first but I am happy now :)

photo-5.jpg

MountainMadman

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Nokia Lumia 900, in cyan, for $50 US dollars (Costco had a members-only deal). Great phone, I'm loving it so far and the voice-search feature is amazing. Everything looks very clean and refreshing and everyone who's seen it has told me that it looks like a great phone (especially considering the price point).

ExBB

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
There and Back

So two years ago I line up early to get the Optimus 7. Liked it but found it somewhat lacking. Waited patiently for Mango. Better.

Started a new Job, and everything is BlackBerry.

Optimus 7 goes into hibernation and I get a Bold 9700.

Not a lot of fun, but great for business.

Upgrade to a new 9900, get a new Bb Touchscreen 9860 for my personal phone and buy a Playbook.

Now I am set.

Wrong.

9900 still awesome for business. 9860 was a terrible choice for a personal phone, but the Playbook is actually pretty cool once I got the upgrade after a year of waiting!

RIM starts to nosedive, I hear about Windows 8 and I decide to pull out the Optimus 7 because I think my Computer,my Phone and my next Tablet should work as one.

Optimus 7 is pretty good, but I want something new.

15 miles and 45 minutes later I am the proud owner of a Lumia 900.

So far so good, but I would like some tips and now I have to sell the Optimus and the BlackBerry 9860. Any idea what the Optimus might fetch?

P.S. The Playbook is actually a pretty good little tablet. If you haven't tried one do. I can't wait for Surface!

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Just go it.

Installing my first update now.

I was so close to getting the Samsung Focus 2 because I know the battery life and picture taking is actually better on that device. However I know Nokia will be giving major support to the 900 and I am not sure how invested Samsung is in their WP devices so I went with the Lumia 900.

Plus I get a discount from my work. BONUS!!!!!

dmenglert

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a white Lumia 900 off Ebay this weekend

I wasn't eligible for an upgrade for while and I have been reading some good reviews, so I got a used one instead of paying for one outright. I had to wait til Monday so I can put it on my corporate plan, I mistakenly let the battery drain and wouldn't start or charge, but thanks to some help from this board it is up and running while a replacement is on the way.

Now that its running it seems to be everything I read about and saw on youtube.

I'm pretty excited about this phone even with a rough start.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
HELLO TRUE BELIEVERS!

I now officially have my NOKIA Lumia 900, cyan color to be exact. I am truly happy with the product. The weight feels substantial but not overly so giving the phone a solid feel, especially due to the uni-body construction. I think there's a reason NOKIA won a design award for the phone as it truly is nothing like anything on the market today. I can also see that as part of the reason the device retains so much more of its value out in the wild.

Admittedly the button placement took a little getting used to, but now the way I grasp the phone navigating is second nature. The color is beautiful and conspicuous in an almost understated way. The actual feel of the polycarbonate is unlike anything else I have experienced. It is simply pleasing to the touch. It seems pretty scratch resistant as well which is a plus.

The screen. How many superlatives can I use to describe it? I LOVE the rich color saturation and the clear black technology is impressive. Compared to my old Trophy its no contest as the Trophy screen just looks washed out. The screen is vivid and I can see how some people may quibble over the pixelation but images are sufficiently sharp for me. Retina display it is not but it is a VERY good considering Microsoft's design parameters at the time.

The OS is smooth and fluid with nary a hiccup. The call quality is outstanding with very little if any background noise on calls. That goes for the speaker phone mode as well.

I have yet to really test the camera however I don't really take very many pics with cell phone cams anyway. Is it the best camera available for a phone? No, but it appears to be a good one nevertheless.

I Have 4G/LTE in my area and browsing is a painless affair with speedy up and downloads.

I do have one concern though. Battery life. I think the overall life after a long day of moderate to heavy use is very good, however I cannot help but to watch how quickly the battery drains throughout a typical day's use. I figure a few more charges and tweaking some settings will improve discharge rate over the course of time. One thing to remember though is the tremendous power demands placed on the battery by that awesome screen.

Overall I am again quite happy with my decision to go with the Lumia 900. SOLID hardware with the best OS in the field will keep me in business for a good long while until a viable Apollo handset drops late in the year and beyond.

Kudos to NOKIA!:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss