07-04-2014 01:21 AM
262 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Hey guys I have been an avid lurker for 2 weeks now. I have to thank you all because you all helped me get my Nokia Lumia 900. I ordered my phone at the corporate store here in Ft. Lauderdale on Monday. I received my phone from Fedex at 2:00pm this afternoon. I am loving this phone is remarkably beautiful. I am in awe with the device!! If I have one complaint it would be that when I received the package it was open with the aim installed in the phone. Why did they pull the package and break the seal and install the microsim???
    Last edited by WPQwester; 04-06-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    tissotti likes this.
    04-06-2012 07:44 PM
    I just pick both of the phones up.... I had to call customer service to note my account so the store would release them to me..WTF
    04-06-2012 08:00 PM
    The best buy is the Zagg invisible maximum shield

Nokia Lumia 900 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

Can you order this in an AT&T store and can they install it for you? I am worried if I order online, I might mess up the installation and waste 25$
    04-06-2012 08:03 PM
    Got mine today. It seems to turn on automatically when charging? When I turn it off, it turns back on by itself when charging. Weird. Aside from that, do I have to fully charge it before I can activate it on AT&T network?

Great feel and superb design. I love it.
    Don't worry, nothing wrong with your device, all windows phones do this. Not quite sure why but it doesn't really bother me.
    04-06-2012 08:03 PM
    Don't worry, nothing wrong with your device, all windows phones do this. Not quite sure why but it doesn't really bother me.
    Thanks for the reassurance. Sorry first time user. Can I use it while charging or do I have to wait until I activate it before I can play around with it?
    04-06-2012 08:05 PM
    Can you order this in an AT&T store and can they install it for you? I am worried if I order online, I might mess up the installation and waste 25$
    I believe you can buy from store and request them to install it. Its pretty easy to do it. you can watch the installation video on the website.
    04-06-2012 08:13 PM
    Thanks for the reassurance. Sorry first time user. Can I use it while charging or do I have to wait until I activate it before I can play around with it?
    Yes you can use it while charging, the phone wakes up once you plugin to charge as WP OS was built that way.
    04-06-2012 08:15 PM
    Yes you can use it while charging, the phone wakes up once you plugin to charge as WP OS was built that way.
    Thanks! I must say, I really like the phone... but the clearblack display reveals too much smudges! I've washed my hands several times to avoid dirtying the immaculate black screen, but it didnt work:@
    04-06-2012 08:19 PM
    Thanks! I must say, I really like the phone... but the clearblack display reveals too much smudges! I've washed my hands several times to avoid dirtying the immaculate black screen, but it didnt work:@
    Yes, it does smudge. The best way to sort the issue is buy a screen protector from either ebay or from store. make sure the screen protector is anti-glare and dust repelling.
    04-06-2012 08:32 PM
    Got mine a couple of hours ago. Best thing about this phone over the Focus, battery life. Currently my Focus has 35% battery and is estimating 3 hours until death. Lumia 900, 45% and 15 hours.
    04-06-2012 08:49 PM
    Is anyone experiencing some lag with the Windows Button down below? Whenever I tap on it, it's supposed to go to the tiles menu/home right? Sometimes it doesnt work and sometimes for no reason at all, the talk (siri version, idk) pops up and activates on it's own Sorry, I am an android user and I am confused with the interface T_T
    04-06-2012 09:20 PM
    Did anyone try installing The Free Nokia Apps yet like Nokia Drive, Nokia Maps, Nokia Transport???? I can't find any of these in Marketplace wierd eh!! I am loving my Black L900 simply stunning. I can't wait for the White variant to come out in 2 weeks!!
    04-06-2012 09:23 PM
    Is anyone experiencing some lag with the Windows Button down below? Whenever I tap on it, it's supposed to go to the tiles menu/home right? Sometimes it doesnt work and sometimes for no reason at all, the talk (siri version, idk) pops up and activates on it's own Sorry, I am an android user and I am confused with the interface T_T
    It's a tad slow when you press the middle windows Icon but it takes you back to main screen. Pressing the middle Windows icon hard will bring up Windows Tell me aka Siri like voice interface to assist you!!
    04-06-2012 09:27 PM
    It's a tad slow when you press the middle windows Icon but it takes you back to main screen. Pressing the middle Windows icon hard will bring up Windows Tell me aka Siri like voice interface to assist you!!
    Gee! Many thanks. It wasn't lag after all, but a stupid button presser like me HAHA:blush:
    04-06-2012 09:35 PM
    Got mine today at the BX.. was kinda suprised, I figured I'd have to wait till monday to get ahold of one.

A little underwhelmed so far. The Nokia and ATT logo's as well as the FCC/Serial #'s on the bottom are just killing it for me right now.. along with the fact that the front and the back are both fingerprint magnets.

Been using Android for 2.5 years now and I'm coming from a galaxy nexus.. hard going from a 720p screen to the 480x800 again but I'll get by. REALLY hard messing with my wife's brand new Note though.. that thing is tempting me.

I'm gonna give this phone a couple weeks to see if it grows on me.. if it does I'll probably exchange it for the white one.. I figure the glossy/smooth white won't show as many fingerprints. If the phone doesn't grow on me I'll probably just pick up the note.
    04-06-2012 09:39 PM
    Hi, my Lumia 900 for some reason is bringing up Bing even without me pressing anything, then after that, it brings up the Siri-like companion and everything freezes. Am I doomed?
    04-06-2012 09:46 PM
    Gee! Many thanks. It wasn't lag after all, but a stupid button presser like me HAHA:blush:
    LMAO I loving the sarcasm lol. I think all Windows phone have the same issue with the middle Windows icon though. I hope Microsoft address the lag in Windows Phone 8 Apollo!!
    04-06-2012 09:47 PM
    I just pick both of the phones up.... I had to call customer service to note my account so the store would release them to me..WTF
    Has anyone tried a MS store to see if they'll release them then since everyone is getting their pre-orders today?
    04-06-2012 09:50 PM
    Hi, my Lumia 900 for some reason is bringing up Bing even without me pressing anything, then after that, it brings up the Siri-like companion and everything freezes. Am I doomed?
    I think it might be a technical issue with your phone. Try turning of your phone for 5 minutes and turn it back on and see what happens!!
    04-06-2012 09:52 PM
    FedEx, YOU BLEW IT!!!
    My phone was shipped yesterday, overnight fedex... I waited all day long. It said it was on the truck for delivery and now it says it went back to the fedex facility.

:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@
    04-06-2012 10:29 PM
    Well the MS store can't sell them till Monday. Best. Pre-order. Ever.
    04-06-2012 11:00 PM
    Took today off to go to Opening Day (Go O's!) and was hoping the phone would arrive before I left my apartment at noon... nope. I figured I would need to sign for it, so I got a little bummed thinking that I might now be able to play with the phone until Monday. But I sure as **** wasn't going to miss Opening Day, so I figured it would just have to wait.

When I got home around 7pm, a little cardboard box was waiting for me outside of my apartment! It was featureless - no markings, addresses, etc. I brought it in, opened it up, and there was the Lumia. I've been playing with it for a while.

The only annoyance so far is that I'll have to go to the AT&T store tomorrow morning to get my port sorted out - I spent 30 minutes on the phone with someone domestically, and then someone in India, trying to get my number transferred over, but since I had already used the sim card (it came pre-installed), I'll have to get another sim card to do the port? I don't know anything about sim cards - this is my first GSM phone - so tomorrow hopefully the AT&T store will get everything sorted out.
    04-06-2012 11:20 PM
    I got mine today and I LOVE IT!!!!
    04-06-2012 11:33 PM
    i love mine....so smooth and the screen is fantastic
    04-06-2012 11:38 PM
    Do a hard reset, i have never heard of such a problem like that before.
    04-07-2012 01:51 AM
262 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD