(Official) I just got my Lumia 900

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Got mine at about 11 am, but fed ex didn't knock, so I didn't know it was sitting outside my door until around 1 pm when I checked the fed ex tracking and it said delivered lol

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Been playing with mine for a couple hours now. I never realized how bad the screen was on my HTC Arrive. Holy crap! The 900 makes it look HORRIBLE.

Very good first impressions so far.

copmcotcs

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
First post here at WP central. Long Time symbian user (all the way back to the Nokia 7650, Nokia's first camera phone, if anyone remembers that. Currently using an N8).

Just got it!

The Nokia contact transfers program worked perfectly! So did Facebook sync, etc, etc. Few minor hitches, but VERY intuitive interface.

Yes, as a long time symbian user, my first impressions are that I can get used to Wp7.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Got mine at 1:30pm and it was open with the aim installed, don't really like that but whatever.

So far in loving it, no complaints whatsoever, and it survived the first drop undamaged.

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine just arrived, seal was broken on the phone box and sim card was installed.

Exactly the same as the one that I received today as well. Not sure how to take that!!!

Either way the phone looks and feels great, will mess with it later tonight and over the weekend.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I cant get one until May 1 upgrade from daughter May 6 swapped to she could get 4s after her 3gs cratered. I got to play with the 900 today at the ATT store I was impressed with the screen and the feel was not as weighty as I expected and it was thinner than I expected. felt really good scrolling was excellent and the display was very good. I may play with the Titan 2 next week but unless something changes my mind I think its the 900 for me in 3 1/2 weeks.

Nanjin

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Picked up mine from the store along with screen protector and a gel case. What a rip off for the accessories! But can't do without.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife had an HTC rezound. She is simple, but she really likes how WP7 makes everything come altogether. And the WP style of each app is something she likes to. ESPN is so integrated its ridiculous. Lol.
My wife has an iPhone 4 (like me)--what did your wife have before trying the Lumia/WP7? I'm hoping to convert her as well.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Got mine at 1:30pm and it was open with the aim installed, don't really like that but whatever.

So far in loving it, no complaints whatsoever, and it survived the first drop undamaged.

Did you drop on cement? Any scuffs on the body?

I *almost* dropped it in the gravel parking lot just now. :blush:

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I might get a screen protector -- anyone have suggestions? We shoudl really have the mods start a thread for suggested accessories and a second thread for suggested apps and perhaps a third thread (or link to existing one) for suggested tips & tricks for WP7 virgins like me.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Been using mine nonstop for the past four hours! :)

I am absolutely LOVING the Nokia apps. Nokia Maps in particular is SO much better than Bing Maps. As someone who lives in the Northeast, Nokia Transport is an amazing app. Much better than anything I had on my iPhone.

Its size took a little getting used to. My Samsung Focus is much lighter and smaller, and my iPhone is positively minuscule by comparison! I do like the way it feels in my hand, I just have to adjust my grip to holding a larger phone.

I've been downloading apps like a mad man. I love that pretty much every app I had on my iPhone has a WP7 equivalent or alternative.

Also, SO glad that I got the cyan and not the black. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo