(Official) I just got my Lumia 900

karteekp

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
any one tried calling using ear phones???
getting lot of disturbance when calling using earphones(tried puritybymonster,samsung and iphone earphones)

Nanjin

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I might get a screen protector -- anyone have suggestions? We shoudl really have the mods start a thread for suggested accessories and a second thread for suggested apps and perhaps a third thread (or link to existing one) for suggested tips & tricks for WP7 virgins like me.

The Invisible Shield that att carries is good. Very hard to put on but is good (and expensive)!

WPQwester

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I have been an avid lurker for 2 weeks now. I have to thank you all because you all helped me get my Nokia Lumia 900. I ordered my phone at the corporate store here in Ft. Lauderdale on Monday. I received my phone from Fedex at 2:00pm this afternoon. I am loving this phone is remarkably beautiful. I am in awe with the device!! If I have one complaint it would be that when I received the package it was open with the aim installed in the phone. Why did they pull the package and break the seal and install the microsim???

Last edited:

dukrem

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today. It seems to turn on automatically when charging? When I turn it off, it turns back on by itself when charging. Weird. Aside from that, do I have to fully charge it before I can activate it on AT&T network?

Great feel and superb design. I love it.

Don't worry, nothing wrong with your device, all windows phones do this. Not quite sure why but it doesn't really bother me.

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry, nothing wrong with your device, all windows phones do this. Not quite sure why but it doesn't really bother me.
Thanks for the reassurance. Sorry first time user. Can I use it while charging or do I have to wait until I activate it before I can play around with it?

dkmanne

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Can you order this in an AT&T store and can they install it for you? I am worried if I order online, I might mess up the installation and waste 25$
I believe you can buy from store and request them to install it. Its pretty easy to do it. you can watch the installation video on the website.

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can use it while charging, the phone wakes up once you plugin to charge as WP OS was built that way.
Thanks! I must say, I really like the phone... but the clearblack display reveals too much smudges! :confused: I've washed my hands several times to avoid dirtying the immaculate black screen, but it didnt work:mad:

dkmanne

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I must say, I really like the phone... but the clearblack display reveals too much smudges! :confused: I've washed my hands several times to avoid dirtying the immaculate black screen, but it didnt work:mad:
Yes, it does smudge. The best way to sort the issue is buy a screen protector from either ebay or from store. make sure the screen protector is anti-glare and dust repelling.

grameer_poleece

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Got mine a couple of hours ago. Best thing about this phone over the Focus, battery life. Currently my Focus has 35% battery and is estimating 3 hours until death. Lumia 900, 45% and 15 hours.

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing some lag with the Windows Button down below? Whenever I tap on it, it's supposed to go to the tiles menu/home right? Sometimes it doesnt work and sometimes for no reason at all, the talk (siri version, idk) pops up and activates on it's own :confused: Sorry, I am an android user and I am confused with the interface T_T

WPQwester

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone try installing The Free Nokia Apps yet like Nokia Drive, Nokia Maps, Nokia Transport???? I can't find any of these in Marketplace wierd eh!! I am loving my Black L900 simply stunning. I can't wait for the White variant to come out in 2 weeks!!

WPQwester

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing some lag with the Windows Button down below? Whenever I tap on it, it's supposed to go to the tiles menu/home right? Sometimes it doesnt work and sometimes for no reason at all, the talk (siri version, idk) pops up and activates on it's own :confused: Sorry, I am an android user and I am confused with the interface T_T

It's a tad slow when you press the middle windows Icon but it takes you back to main screen. Pressing the middle Windows icon hard will bring up Windows Tell me aka Siri like voice interface to assist you!!

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
It's a tad slow when you press the middle windows Icon but it takes you back to main screen. Pressing the middle Windows icon hard will bring up Windows Tell me aka Siri like voice interface to assist you!!
Gee! Many thanks. It wasn't lag after all, but a stupid button presser like me HAHA:blush:

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today at the BX.. was kinda suprised, I figured I'd have to wait till monday to get ahold of one.

A little underwhelmed so far. The Nokia and ATT logo's as well as the FCC/Serial #'s on the bottom are just killing it for me right now.. along with the fact that the front and the back are both fingerprint magnets.

Been using Android for 2.5 years now and I'm coming from a galaxy nexus.. hard going from a 720p screen to the 480x800 again but I'll get by. REALLY hard messing with my wife's brand new Note though.. that thing is tempting me.

I'm gonna give this phone a couple weeks to see if it grows on me.. if it does I'll probably exchange it for the white one.. I figure the glossy/smooth white won't show as many fingerprints. If the phone doesn't grow on me I'll probably just pick up the note.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786