(Official) I just got my Lumia 900

erniep5

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Iphone 4/4s txt mgs are not being routed to my Lumia 900

Missed some text messages while out last nite. Came home to find those text messages on my iPhone 4.

Thought the problem fixed itself because one msg from a friend with an iPhone4 came thru the Lumia but then it reverted back. Her messages are being routed to my old iPhone.

It's the same phone number so I'm thinking this is related to iMessage.

Has any former iPhone users experiencing the same problem?

Thanks.

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Been playing with mine for a couple hours now. I never realized how bad the screen was on my HTC Arrive. Holy crap! The 900 makes it look HORRIBLE.

Very good first impressions so far.

That's the 1st thing I notice too. Also the speed of the phone compared to the Arrive is much better. However, I do miss the HTC Hub on my home screen. I need to find a replacement for that.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Missed some text messages while out last nite. Came home to find those text messages on my iPhone 4.

Thought the problem fixed itself because one msg from a friend with an iPhone4 came thru the Lumia but then it reverted back. Her messages are being routed to my old iPhone.

Thanks.

Sounds like imessage to me. Should be able to remove your phone # from imessage somehow (can't remember off top of my head). Also make sure phone is off.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.

Yeah, that happened to me when I switched from an iPhone 4 to my Titan. I had to put my SIM back in the iPhone, made sure the network recognized my number and iMessage was activated with that number, then turn off iMessage.

Fixed the problem from me.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Hah, same here. When I went the second time to play with the 900 and finally was able to use a device that was properly taken care of, I put the two devices side-by-side and really couldn't believe what a washed-out mess of a screen my Arrive had. The 900's screen MURDERS the Arrive's screen.

Also worth noting: the 900's screen on full brightness is really, really, really bright.

Been playing with mine for a couple hours now. I never realized how bad the screen was on my HTC Arrive. Holy crap! The 900 makes it look HORRIBLE.

Very good first impressions so far.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So far I can't put this thing away. By far the best device I've used on any platform. Couple minor issues (camera could be a tad better, vibrate is a touch loud), but overall one helluva phone, and for the price? Rediculous.

Excited for the next 6 months and what it will bring in market awareness and userbase.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm so thankful for the loud vibrate - the Arrive was sorely lacking in vibration intensity and I'd miss calls/notifications in my jeans pocket all the time. So far the 900 vibrate seems very loud and noticeable.

So far I can't put this thing away. By far the best device I've used on any platform. Couple minor issues (camera could be a tad better, vibrate is a touch loud), but overall one helluva phone, and for the price? Rediculous.

Excited for the next 6 months and what it will bring in market awareness and userbase.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Love this phone!!
But was wondering if anyone has had their Bluetooth turn off after phone has been idle for a while?

Barely use bluetooth, so I haven't noticed that yet, but my Wifi seems to be having issues after a while. I've had to cycle it 4 or 5 times so far.

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The bad:
- haptic / vibrate is horrid, really really really bad, embarassingly bad, immediately tried to disable it

Are you referring to the vibrate from pressing one of the 3 hardware buttons below the screen, or the vibrate the phone makes when receiving a notification?

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Had to pick mine up at FedEx on Friday evening. Been pretty much obsessed with it all weekend. I love how easy and connected it is. The screen is great compared to my old iPhone 3GS. LTE is rediculously fast. My goal is to start by making my family believers :) My girlfriend digs it and kinda wants to turn in her Droid.

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Got mine about 30 minutes ago (black) still waiting for it to activate. The rep said there's some network congestion and it could take up to an hour and a half. So I set up some of it via wifi at home. Love the phone. Hope it's activated soon.

Edit: Updating to say activation took around 45 minutes. Give or take. Not too bad. Now reinstalling apps via windowsphone.com so much easier.

Last edited:

Lumia2012

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had my mine since Friday. No data issues, yet no LTE in Miami. Also, the vibrate function on my phone is fine. I don't have the 'electric razor' buzz that some have complained about. The phone is super smooth, very fluid interface.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm so thankful for the loud vibrate - the Arrive was sorely lacking in vibration intensity and I'd miss calls/notifications in my jeans pocket all the time. So far the 900 vibrate seems very loud and noticeable.

I like the strong vibrate too. I carry my device in a leather holster, and I have no trouble feeling the vibrations. I've had other devices that had weak vibrations that I could not feel through the holster.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Bought mine at a AT&T company store today. The guy said they had only people buying the 900 in the store today.

Awesome phone!

-m

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12