As a Tmo customer

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I will be living vicariously through all of you new Lumia users. I've seen the phone first hand so I know how much you are going to enjoy it. So post pics, videos, reviews and everything else. And spare a thought for us lonely Tmo users. :( :)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
As a TMO user myself, this is my last day on TMO, too bad, I wanted it to work out but they are not competitive.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I am also on TMO - No annual Contract. I have decided to get a 900 this Sunday, get it unlocked and give it a go :D

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I actually dropped my TMO plan today. The At&t plan I have is on par in pricing and features with what I had on TMO.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The worst thing TMob ever did was use the AWS bands for 3G. Pity, imagine the US phone market right now if we could take are GSM handsets to either AT&T or TMob and not sacrifice 3G. Carriers would have to compete on prices and service then! What a concept!

Sent from my HTC TITAN using Board Express

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The worst thing TMob ever did was use the AWS bands for 3G. Pity, imagine the US phone market right now if we could take are GSM handsets to either AT&T or TMob and not sacrifice 3G. Carriers would have to compete on prices and service then! What a concept!

Sent from my HTC TITAN using Board Express

They had to. They didn't own any 850Mhz spectrum, and the 1900Mhz spectrum they had was already being used for 2G.

Also, yes, it is quite disappointing that there isn't much competition in the US cellular market.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately T-Mobile had to use AWS for 3G, there was no way they could have skipped 3G and gone straight to LTE, they would have no customers rights now.

Luckily they will use AWS for LTE though, so in that perspective the 900 will work on T-Mobile LTE when launched in 2013. And they are refarming 3G to 1900. But you probably won't see that till the end of the year.

As for pricing, I unfortunately (or fortunately) get corporate discount thru T-Mobile, so even if I could manage to get corporate discount on AT&T it just won't be cost effective.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
How is your corporate plan? For us, on non commmitment, the 900 is $ 499 on corporate but if i walk into the store it is $ 450.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786