I just received my Nokia Lumia 900 today from AT&T Premier and it was opened. It was packed with one piece of plastic air cushion (the box inside was a bit loose).

I took out my Lumia 900's box from the shipping box. Instantly noticed the front flap was opened.

There was a "QC" sticker on top of the seal and they were both broken when I took it out of the box. The SIM card has already been punched out. The stickers on the front and back of the Lumia itself are intact.

Is this normal? Did this happen to anyone else experience the same thing? Is this how AT&T ships their products?
    04-06-2012 12:05 PM
    was the sim in the phone i notice sometimes when you upgrade the phone comes with the sim punched out and installed and sometimes it doesn't just my experience..
    04-06-2012 12:10 PM
    The new SIM was punched out an installed.
    04-06-2012 12:15 PM
    i think i read in one of the emails that they were going to preinstall the sim for customers, while i'd rather they didn't i guess it can be a convenience for some people...
    04-06-2012 12:17 PM
    Just got mine, same thing. QC seal broken and sim is missing from punch card. Opened the tray and it is already installed in the phone. I think I remember having had this done before on an upgrade, no biggie.
    04-06-2012 12:19 PM
    Same thing here ... seal broken and SIM installed.
    04-06-2012 01:45 PM
    Yeah no biggie, they didn't touch the phone screen or protective stickers
    04-06-2012 01:47 PM
    No one should be surprised over this.
    04-06-2012 01:54 PM
    I've never had a phone arrive with the SIM NOT pre-installed, so it would actually surprise me if the box was fully sealed and I had to install the SIM myself...
    04-06-2012 02:12 PM
    Mine came the same way but the SIM is removed from the holder and already in the phone; so I believe at the warehouse they loaded the SIM card.
    04-06-2012 02:13 PM
    I remember the first time my family came back with AT&T which was 2-3 years ago, we were with Verizon for a while. When we ordered from the Premiere Site. They shipped it too us, and I remember when I first got it. It was already opened and the SIM was cut out and installed on my BlackBerry Bold 9700. My Mom's cheap Sony Ericsson had her SIM installed as well.
    04-06-2012 03:00 PM
    dang that sim card "door" sure is loose :/
    04-06-2012 04:08 PM
    My SIM card was gone. I'll have to make a run to the AT&T store to get one. Sort of defeats to purpose of getting it home delivered. :mad:

Edit: Problem Solved. I just used scissors to trim my existing one down.
    Last edited by bobsentell; 04-06-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    04-06-2012 04:33 PM
    Same here sim pre installed. Went to the Sprint store and had to change sims around its a real pain getting that thing in and out of the tray. The Windows Phone rep was in the store and made the change for me. He seamed to know the trick to doing it because he just popper it right out. Be glad they put it in for you took the kid helping me about 10 minutest to get the other sim back in the tray.
    04-06-2012 05:04 PM
    Same here sim pre installed. Went to the Sprint store and had to change sims around its a real pain getting that thing in and out of the tray. The Windows Phone rep was in the store and made the change for me. He seamed to know the trick to doing it because he just popper it right out. Be glad they put it in for you took the kid helping me about 10 minutest to get the other sim back in the tray.
    why would you do that at a sprint store?

also, when did sprint start using sim cards?
    04-06-2012 05:55 PM
    why would you do that at a sprint store?

also, when did sprint start using sim cards?
    Its been a long couple of days I'm starting to get a little brain freez... I meant AT&T
    04-06-2012 06:01 PM
    Same here, except on mine, the sticker on the back was completely off, and the one on the front was full of bubbles. The cord looked like it had been used and re-wound loosely. When the phone vibrates, it sounds like there's something loose somewhere. It rattles. I talked to a friend on it and he said he could barely hear me. I left myself a voice mail on my landline and I could barely hear myself. I'm returning mine. I guess I'll try another one, but it wasn't a good start.
    04-07-2012 09:51 AM
    at&t did the same thing with Titan launch - see Titan forum for thread identical to this one. Bit disconcerting for sure. I returned one of these, and found out two months later, via nasty-gram, that at&t had been charging me for contract on the returned phone for two months. They were looking for over $400 from me - for a phone I NEVER removed from the box. Thankfully, local store was able to solve the problem that customer service rep in Vietnam was unable to even comprehend. If you return one of these after SIM has been pre-installed, be sure you keep your return details, including the name of the rep who processed the return. When this happens, you have NO way of knowing - because the number isn't yours...you are not using it... thus it does not show up on my at&t, etc.
    04-07-2012 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD