new Lumia 900 can't add gmail acct

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Using the exact settings as my Focus Flash (which all was fine with gmail sync) and keep encountering Attention Required errors on the Lumia 900.

Keep entering the password which is correct.

Loops back to same error.

I also tried adding as Exchange acct using the same settings as my iPad (which works fine with sync). And same error.

Anyone had success adding their gmail acct? All my contacts live in gmail contacts and i want to sync them.

:straight:

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your responses.

I guess just waiting helped LOL

About an hour and half, I tried one more time and it took.

Also, the Nokia section in Marketplace was missing until just now.

I guess over the air refreshes need to happen.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your responses.

I guess just waiting helped LOL

About an hour and half, I tried one more time and it took.

Also, the Nokia section in Marketplace was missing until just now.

I guess over the air refreshes need to happen.

Did you set it up as Exchange with the same settings you used on your iPad? I can't get it to take doing the Exchange setup.

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you set it up as Exchange with the same settings you used on your iPad? I can't get it to take doing the Exchange setup.

Yes, I just did a mirror image of those settings into the Lumia.

It didn't take for almost an hour and a half. Then, I tried one more time and it started to sync.

Got my contacts, calendar, email, and tasks. Although, I can't find my tasks on the phone but that's OK. Not a big deal to me. I am going to try out OneNote (even though after a certain high number, it costs $).

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

It didn't take for almost an hour and a half. Then, I tried one more time and it started to sync.

Got my contacts, calendar, email, and tasks. Although, I can't find my tasks on the phone but that's OK. Not a big deal to me. I am going to try out OneNote (even though after a certain high number, it costs $).

Ok thanks I will try again. I did get it to setup just using the gmail login. But my mail is not pushing; I guess that is IMAP. It did pull in all my contacts though from gmail.

Just to be clear; for Exchange setup I pick "Outlook" option in the accounts section. For Hotmail/Windows LIVE it will it be native push exchange like just entering my account info?

Been using the iPhone since 2007, need some help.

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I'm new to Windows Phone too. But, can tell you choosing Outlook and setting up gmail in there, I am getting push email as it arrives. And, changes to my calendar are instant.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Just FYI, there is no cost for OneNote on WP7 not matter how many notes you have. Its free, free, Free!!!

wilco9

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
i'm having the same problem. I have two gmail accounts, one signed in with no problem, the other just can't, tried million times now, somebody help me plz. I'm new to windows phone. thanks.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
gmail should have push working even if you don't set it up as an exchange account, i think one of the main benefits to setting it up that way is multiple calendar support, but i think that might work with the standard setup method too now that google has allowed it on windows phone.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
gmail should have push working even if you don't set it up as an exchange account, i think one of the main benefits to setting it up that way is multiple calendar support, but i think that might work with the standard setup method too now that google has allowed it on windows phone.

It was not pushing by just entering my account login for sure. It is now though as Exchange. Don't use calender; just mail and contacts.

nyc_boy

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

Forgive me for a dumb question, very very new on this OS (buying it on Monday). When you sync your contacts, do they go in as Native Phone Contacts? I have all my contacts on GMail and I wonder how to sync it. By the way, I'm leaving Android for Lumia. :)

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
isn't activesync essentially an exchange server?

Forgive me for a dumb question, very very new on this OS (buying it on Monday). When you sync your contacts, do they go in as Native Phone Contacts? I have all my contacts on GMail and I wonder how to sync it. By the way, I'm leaving Android for Lumia. :)

no, it does not sync them locally, they will stay in the cloud no matter which of the cloud based services you use.

not to say they disappear when you aren't connected to a data network, but if you unlink your phone from the account where it's pulling contacts from, i think they disappear from the phone.

but if you're just wondering if they will look like normal contacts on the phone, then yes, they will look like contacts pulled in from any other source.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I used the Exchange option for my Gmail account, works perfectly and setup was a breeze. I simply selected Exchange, typed in my Gmail address and password, and put m.google.com into the server field. A few minutes later, all of my calendars, contacts, and emails synced to my phone.

Keep in mind that the username is going to be your full @gmail.com address.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb