04-13-2012 01:35 PM
27 12
tools
    Using the exact settings as my Focus Flash (which all was fine with gmail sync) and keep encountering Attention Required errors on the Lumia 900.

Keep entering the password which is correct.

Loops back to same error.

I also tried adding as Exchange acct using the same settings as my iPad (which works fine with sync). And same error.

Anyone had success adding their gmail acct? All my contacts live in gmail contacts and i want to sync them.

04-06-2012 02:35 PM
    Can I use Google Sync setup (Exchange) on WP7 for Gmail?
    04-06-2012 02:54 PM
    Do you have 2-step login verification enabled on your Gmail account?
    04-06-2012 02:57 PM
    Thanks for your responses.

I guess just waiting helped LOL

About an hour and half, I tried one more time and it took.

Also, the Nokia section in Marketplace was missing until just now.

I guess over the air refreshes need to happen.
    04-06-2012 03:41 PM
    Thanks for your responses.

I guess just waiting helped LOL

About an hour and half, I tried one more time and it took.

Also, the Nokia section in Marketplace was missing until just now.

I guess over the air refreshes need to happen.
    Did you set it up as Exchange with the same settings you used on your iPad? I can't get it to take doing the Exchange setup.
    04-06-2012 04:33 PM
    Did you set it up as Exchange with the same settings you used on your iPad? I can't get it to take doing the Exchange setup.
    Yes, I just did a mirror image of those settings into the Lumia.

It didn't take for almost an hour and a half. Then, I tried one more time and it started to sync.

Got my contacts, calendar, email, and tasks. Although, I can't find my tasks on the phone but that's OK. Not a big deal to me. I am going to try out OneNote (even though after a certain high number, it costs $).
    04-06-2012 04:42 PM

It didn't take for almost an hour and a half. Then, I tried one more time and it started to sync.

Got my contacts, calendar, email, and tasks. Although, I can't find my tasks on the phone but that's OK. Not a big deal to me. I am going to try out OneNote (even though after a certain high number, it costs $).
    Ok thanks I will try again. I did get it to setup just using the gmail login. But my mail is not pushing; I guess that is IMAP. It did pull in all my contacts though from gmail.

Just to be clear; for Exchange setup I pick "Outlook" option in the accounts section. For Hotmail/Windows LIVE it will it be native push exchange like just entering my account info?

Been using the iPhone since 2007, need some help.
    04-06-2012 04:49 PM
    Hmm, I'm new to Windows Phone too. But, can tell you choosing Outlook and setting up gmail in there, I am getting push email as it arrives. And, changes to my calendar are instant.
    04-06-2012 04:55 PM

Just FYI, there is no cost for OneNote on WP7 not matter how many notes you have. Its free, free, Free!!!
    04-06-2012 05:01 PM
    i'm having the same problem. I have two gmail accounts, one signed in with no problem, the other just can't, tried million times now, somebody help me plz. I'm new to windows phone. thanks.
    04-06-2012 05:03 PM
    Worked this time as Exchange. Thanks guys, this rocks.
    04-06-2012 05:07 PM
    gmail should have push working even if you don't set it up as an exchange account, i think one of the main benefits to setting it up that way is multiple calendar support, but i think that might work with the standard setup method too now that google has allowed it on windows phone.
    04-06-2012 05:09 PM
    gmail should have push working even if you don't set it up as an exchange account, i think one of the main benefits to setting it up that way is multiple calendar support, but i think that might work with the standard setup method too now that google has allowed it on windows phone.
    It was not pushing by just entering my account login for sure. It is now though as Exchange. Don't use calender; just mail and contacts.
    04-06-2012 05:21 PM
    i'm having the same problem. I have two gmail accounts, one signed in with no problem, the other just can't, tried million times now, somebody help me plz. I'm new to windows phone. thanks.
    anybody? i'm going crazy
    04-06-2012 05:43 PM
    anybody? i'm going crazy
    have you tried using the exchange option to set it up manually?
    04-06-2012 05:52 PM

Forgive me for a dumb question, very very new on this OS (buying it on Monday). When you sync your contacts, do they go in as Native Phone Contacts? I have all my contacts on GMail and I wonder how to sync it. By the way, I'm leaving Android for Lumia. :)
    04-06-2012 05:53 PM
    Anyone used ActiveSync here? I need that feature for my work. Thanks :)
    04-06-2012 05:54 PM
    isn't activesync essentially an exchange server?

Forgive me for a dumb question, very very new on this OS (buying it on Monday). When you sync your contacts, do they go in as Native Phone Contacts? I have all my contacts on GMail and I wonder how to sync it. By the way, I'm leaving Android for Lumia. :)
    no, it does not sync them locally, they will stay in the cloud no matter which of the cloud based services you use.

not to say they disappear when you aren't connected to a data network, but if you unlink your phone from the account where it's pulling contacts from, i think they disappear from the phone.

but if you're just wondering if they will look like normal contacts on the phone, then yes, they will look like contacts pulled in from any other source.
    nyc_boy likes this.
    04-06-2012 06:03 PM
    have you tried using the exchange option to set it up manually?
    i did, but I don't know what to type in "domain", any idea? thanks.
    04-06-2012 06:08 PM
    I used the Exchange option for my Gmail account, works perfectly and setup was a breeze. I simply selected Exchange, typed in my Gmail address and password, and put m.google.com into the server field. A few minutes later, all of my calendars, contacts, and emails synced to my phone.

Keep in mind that the username is going to be your full @gmail.com address.
    04-06-2012 06:12 PM
    i did, but I don't know what to type in "domain", any idea? thanks.
    username: xxx@gmail.com
    domain: google
    server: m.google.com
    jbjtkbw007 likes this.
    04-06-2012 06:32 PM
    I bought the Lumia 900 yesterday and for the longest time could not get my gmail to connect. Last night I open up the Internet Explorer browser and went to gmail.com and logged in. When I exited to browser, my Lumia 900 all of a sudden was able to recognize and sync my gmail account to my phone.

I'm not sure if logging in through the browser on the phone was the fix or of it was just a coincidence, but if you aren't having any luck getting it to connect, try it and see if it will work for you too.
    04-12-2012 10:28 AM
    Using the exact settings as my Focus Flash (which all was fine with gmail sync) and keep encountering Attention Required errors on the Lumia 900.

Keep entering the password which is correct.

Loops back to same error.

I also tried adding as Exchange acct using the same settings as my iPad (which works fine with sync). And same error.

Anyone had success adding their gmail acct? All my contacts live in gmail contacts and i want to sync them.

For hours I couldn't get it to connect. Then I opened the browser and logged int to gmail mobile through the Internet Explorer mobile browser on my Lumia 900. When I exited out of the browser, my phone all of a sudden was synced with my Gmail account. I'm not sure if that was what fixed it or if it just happened to be a coincidence, but worth the try I suppose/
    04-12-2012 10:30 AM
    Anyone used ActiveSync here? I need that feature for my work. Thanks :)
    I do and it works perfectly
    04-12-2012 02:17 PM
    I was having the exact same problems. It is purely Google's problem, not Microsofts or Nokias.

What worked for me was to simply go to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha in the browser of the phone and verify it. Then mine synced perfectly!

Hope it helps you all as well.
    04-13-2012 01:18 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD