Totally new to WP7 here. Is there a setting to always show the network signal indicators and such? And the battery life?

If there is not is there some key press or gesture that makes them appear?
    04-06-2012 02:45 PM
    Totally new to WP7 here. Is there a setting to always show the network signal indicators and such? And the battery life?

If there is not is there some key press or gesture that makes them appear?
    Generally you just touch the very top of the screen. This will make the icons appear. There is no way to keep them always there. I believe this is because they are technical and distract from the UI.

Also not all apps support this, but most of the metro styled apps do. It is up to the developer. The only part of the built in system that it doesn't work on that I can think of is the browser because you can scroll full screen and it would interfere with that functionality.
    04-06-2012 02:49 PM
    OK I see now, thanks. I didn't see the setting and couldn't get find a gesture. Touching the top of the screen works I see now. Cool.

I'll live with this new world. Been with the iPhone so long some change is welcome.
    04-06-2012 02:52 PM
    No. They will show up if there is a problem. After a week or so you'll stop caring about the battery life and signal strength and such, because if they're not visible then there isn't a problem. This is an adjustment you'll have to make. Swipe down from the top to show them.

Turn on the battery saver feature if you're really worried about it, but I was kind of surprised how rarely I actually *need* to know such things. Android made me paranoid about battery life because I never knew when an app was going spaz out and drain the battery without me noticing it; with Windows Phone it was never a problem. Not that Windows Phone isn't capable of draining the battery under heavy use, it's just that it has always been predictable.
    04-06-2012 02:54 PM
    yea, it's def a change in thinking to not care about things like battery and signal status, but once you change your thinking and get used to it, it's nice to not worry or care about the status of things constantly. :)
    04-06-2012 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD