Google Talk

Kendo45

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
So I downloaded some GChat thing for Google Talk, however, the tile isn't updating when I receive new messages. It also seems like it re-launches every time I open it. Any ideas?

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
There is no perfect gTalk solution. This is due to the limitations of WP7 on developers and background tasks.

OctroTalk is pretty good and the dev is responsive.

I recently got the ICQ client (Yeah, I know lol) and it supports gTalk and it actually has been working very well, but you have to keep the app open in the backround it seems like. So if you run too many apps it will close.

Also if you do use ICQ, you have to use the desktop client to link your google account to your ICQ account, you cannot do it from the phone.

limitedmage

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey Kendo45,

I'm one of the Gchat developers. I'm sorry you've had trouble using the app. We've sent an update to fix this issue, it's already available for both Gchat+ and the free version of Gchat. If you have any more issues let me know :)

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey Kendo45,

I'm one of the Gchat developers. I'm sorry you've had trouble using the app. We've sent an update to fix this issue, it's already available for both Gchat+ and the free version of Gchat. If you have any more issues let me know :)

possible to integrate Gtalk into windows OS...kinda like the way facebook chat and windows live messenger is? :blush:

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey Kendo45,

Nice to see a responsive dev. Just because of this, I will give it a try when my phone arrives. Big user of gchat so hoping this works out. Thanks again for the reply.

Kendo45

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I'll give it another shot!

Hey Kendo45,

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but do any of these GV apps allow free/google non-AT&T-minutes/messages to be used?

As much as I read the various apps descriptions, it still is not clear to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett