Shows 4G when connected to my 3G microcell

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is real or not but the phone shows 4G data when connected to the AT&T microcell. I have only seen the LTE indicator come on when I go outside.

So far the phone is working great with the microcell. I need to test for the power drain issue where when you have data turned on the phone will rapidly discharge when connected to the microcell. I will follow up later if the issue doesn't happen with the Lumia 900.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
4G on this phone means HSPA+, it's ATT on labeling coming back to haunt them....

please let us know, I have a microcell at work and can't test it out untill Monday

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that the MicroCell eats its battery pretty fast ( charging again after about 7 hours). I really think having a no sleep wifi policy would help the performance of the battery on the MicroCell.

Anyone else see noticeable battery difference when on microcell?

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes the battery issue with cell data turned on connected to a 3G Microcell is still happening with my new Lumia 900. I had a fully changed battery on the phone before I went to bed and when I woke up this morning the batter was down to 22%. Looks like I am going to have to do the same as my Focus and turn off cell data when I get home every day.

I may just unplug the microcell for a few days to see if the LTE coverage in my home is better then 3G and if battery holds up....I'll keep everyone posted.

Oh and I am getting 2 bars of LTE at home where I would get no to one bar of 3G when I didn't have the microcell.

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes the battery issue with cell data turned on connected to a 3G Microcell is still happening with my new Lumia 900. I had a fully changed battery on the phone before I went to bed and when I woke up this morning the batter was down to 22%. Looks like I am going to have to do the same as my Focus and turn off cell data when I get home every day.

I may just unplug the microcell for a few days to see if the LTE coverage in my home is better then 3G and if battery holds up....I'll keep everyone posted.

Oh and I am getting 2 bars of LTE at home where I would get no to one bar of 3G when I didn't have the microcell.
You still need 3G to make voice calls. LTE is data only.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
You still need 3G to make voice calls. LTE is data only.

AT&T plans to add LTE voice calling by 2013

Support for inter-operation and co-existence with legacy standards (e.g. GSM/EDGE, UMTS and CDMA2000). Users can start a call or transfer of data in an area using an LTE standard, and, should coverage be unavailable, continue the operation without any action on their part using GSM/GPRS or W-CDMA-based UMTS or even 3GPP2 networks such as cdmaOne or CDMA2000)​

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
AT&T plans to add LTE voice calling by 2013

Support for inter-operation and co-existence with legacy standards (e.g. GSM/EDGE, UMTS and CDMA2000). Users can start a call or transfer of data in an area using an LTE standard, and, should coverage be unavailable, continue the operation without any action on their part using GSM/GPRS or W-CDMA-based UMTS or even 3GPP2 networks such as cdmaOne or CDMA2000)​

I think he meant data only for the time being. But yes, voice over LTE is certainly coming.

Ochowie84

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had problems connecting their device to their microcell? I just got my phone and it doesn't want to connect. I've cycled the device and the microcell both.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had problems connecting their device to their microcell? I just got my phone and it doesn't want to connect. I've cycled the device and the microcell both.

You may have to remove your phone and re-add it to the MicroCell. I had an issue where one of my kids were away for 3 months and when they got back their phone would no longer re-connect even though it was registered. I removed their phone number and added it back and in 10 minutes they were connecting again.

Ochowie84

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You may have to remove your phone and re-add it to the MicroCell. I had an issue where one of my kids were away for 3 months and when they got back their phone would no longer re-connect even though it was registered. I removed their phone number and added it back and in 10 minutes they were connecting again.

I couldn't remove my phone number since the device is registered to my number, but after a longer power cycle it seems to be working correctly now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs