Since a lot of us got our phones, what don't you like?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
For me,

1) I must say that the camera is pretty mediocre...Very dusty looking pictures when taking pics of my office. Need to play with it more outside and mess with some settings, so far, no impressed.

2) SMUDGE!! either my fingers are dirty as **** or this thing attracts smudgeness and grease like flys on sh1t...little annoying.

3) I miss my homebrew apps :( somebody unlock this thing!

Other than that, im happy-

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
It does attract more fingerprints than my iPhone, but for some reason, they don't affect readability of the screen. It's as if I see right through them, whereas if smudges accumulated on my Samsung Focus or iPhone, the screen would be nigh unreadable.

I haven't had a chance to mess around with the camera much. Seemed to work just find in the outdoor shots I took, I'll have to play with it some more indoors.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Had the focus S, while is smudged some like any other phone, it was very limited. I was very impressed by the lack of smudgeness on my focus S. The 900, it just shows, but like you said, doesn't effect the visibility.

albogadowm

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I must admit the retina text display I will miss on my iPhone 4 for a bit, but the interface, smoothness, speed, and overall quality make this a keeper for me. IOS goodbye, I'm a believer

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It's a little jarring having apps reload all over again every time. No suspended states and resume. Isn't there some fast app switching or something with mango?

Also, twitter app; always reloads and takes me to the top of my new tweets. No way I will remember where I last checked. Lame.

Oh yea, the vibrate sounds very strange. Almost like my electric razor but a lesser version. Also quite weak.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It's a little jarring having apps reload all over again every time. No suspended states and resume. Isn't there some fast app switching or something with mango?

Press and hold the back button and it will bring up your six last used apps, which are held in a suspended state.

I really, really, REALLY wish that they had gone with curved glass like the 800. Wish the vibrator was more like an HTC module and less "Samsungy". But mostly I wish people would stop staring at it every time I pull it out of my pocket ;-) JK, I like that.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Press and hold the back button and it will bring up your six last used apps, which are held in a suspended state.

I really, really, REALLY wish that they had gone with curved glass like the 800. Wish the vibrator was more like an HTC module and less "Samsungy". But mostly I wish people would stop staring at it every time I pull it out of my pocket ;-) JK, I like that.

Ah, cool. Thanks man. Looks like the cards from webOS.

You know I see that brought up a lot in various posts around the net about the switch of the glass from the Lumia 800. I must say I think prefer the flat glass.

This vibrator though...very strange.

Well I'm off for tonight. Lumia is all charged up and ready for it's first night on the town. Time for real world use. Can't wait to show it off!

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My gripes so far is that you can't pinch to zoom the month view in the calendar. Also not sure if you can see a weeks view either.

Wanted to add another. Really would like to see a no sleep mode wi-fi option.

Last edited:

nascarnate326

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Lack of Pandora, WP7 Connector on Mac is slow as ****, no manual brightness change, I am sure I will find more later.

For all the gripes about this screen it looks pretty damn nice to me.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My only complaint is the keyboard sound setting is a bit too low. My Surround when set at 3 volume the keyboard can be heard clearly...but the lumia I can only get that feedback when its at 20 or above.....then the ringer or music is booming. An update allowing for separate volume between ringer,system ,and media would make this phone a 10 for me.

I think the pictures come out great. Easily as nice as my wife's iPhone....IMHO

GPS...I have never had a phone that worked this well ...the GPS signal locks on almost immediately....just awesome. No more waving the phone around like my Samsung and HTC Android phones.

wasonamit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My only complaint is the keyboard sound setting is a bit too low. My Surround when set at 3 volume the keyboard can be heard clearly...but the lumia I can only get that feedback when its at 20 or above.....then the ringer or music is booming. An update allowing for separate volume between ringer,system ,and media would make this phone a 10 for me.

GPS...I have never had a phone that worked this well ...the GPS signal locks on almost immediately....just awesome. No more waving the phone around like my Samsung and HTC Android phones.

Glad to see that the Gps works that well

ryouzaki

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

the "waving the phone around" actually brings up a hilarious scenario to mind... :D would make for a decent ad idea

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
so far I'm impressed. Love the clear black. The pixel density will take some getting used to coming from an iPhone. Especially web browsing. But it's not bad, I'm just spoiled. I've never used Windows phone before and I'm picking it up pretty fast. I love the interface.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Lack of Pandora, WP7 Connector on Mac is slow as ****, no manual brightness change, I am sure I will find more later.

For all the gripes about this screen it looks pretty damn nice to me.

You can change the brightness under settings -> brightness. There is auto, low, medium and high. That does bring me to one of my gripes though - low is too bright for nighttime reading in the bedroom.

Also as other people have mentioned, that horrible vibrating noise. My OCD side wants to crack the thing open and find out what's loose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs