Since a lot of us got our phones, what don't you like?

fourg63

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a Samsung Captivate and Android, so far I am very impressed with this phone and the OS. The interface is very slick and intuitive. Obviously the common screen smudging and fingerprints are an issue but not a deal breaker. The phone build is solid and that's no surprise having owned many Nokias in the past. The call quality is superb making my Captivate sound like a tin can on a string. A few things so far that I would change would be:

1. Add a "Custom" field for phone numbers. Some of my contacts have many phone numbers and I would like to differentiate between them properly.

2. Let me make the decision if curse words are to be sensored when using speech to text. Ok?

Other than that the phone is awesome.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Somebody mentioned this the other day but when listening to music with headphones there is an audible hiss when the volume is low/no music playing. Anyone else experience this? Other than that im very happy with the upgrade from the Focus.

I tried to re-create this but I hear no hissing of any kind. I was actually going to say that the audio player is very good and, dare I say it, better than my iPhone 4. For hissing, I would suspect the headphones or the audio source. I don't think it's the device itself. I have a pair of Klipsch S4i headphones and sounds incredible on the Lumia. 100 times better than the Focus on the same pair of headphones.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
So far there isn't much I don't like. I do wish they had made the glass smooth/curved like the 800 instead of the lip this one has, but it's a very very minor point.

The only other complaint I have is the way youtube is handled. Clicked on a youtube link on someone's Facebook and it took me to youtube page and said "this user hasn't allowed access by mobile applications" or something to that effect.

Another point is the Facebook integration, which is nice to an extent, but I do sort of wish I had some ability to edit the address book, i.e. I have a friend who is on Facebook, but his Facebook phone number is wrong, in the address book on the phone, I have the choice of either having the wrong number and the right one (contacts linked) or unlinking the two contacts Facebook and the outlook contact and having two contacts for the same person.

I like the Facebook stuff to an extent, but at the same time it would be nice to have the option to modify that. I don't need EVERYONE I have as a Facebook friend in my address book. It's making me reconsider if I even want Facebook linked to my contacts. Kind of a double edged sword...

Again, another minor point. Not a huge deal.

Overall I'm extremely pleased. The phone is beautiful, very well made, responsive. The OS is very polished, amazing when you consider it's barely 2 years old. Far smoother than the Android crap I was putting up with.

So far I love it. The few annoyances I think will be things I'll learn to workaround or solve or will be addressed in future updates/Apollo etc.

You couldn't pay me to take back my crap Android phone, that's for sure. Love this thing.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
finger prints? oh man cmon dont even get me started. On my atrix, it was horrible!! ten times nastier than lumia 900 dude trust me. n i think problem is with gorilla glass cuz atrix had the same glass but on the other hand, ITS EXTREMELY strong and unbreakable (i dropped my atrix more than twice but not a SINGLE SCRATCH) its amazing.

my biggest problem: WHY THERE IS NOT A NOTIFICATION BAR. swipe it down, they are all there or swipe it left to right? or on home screen under than right arrow? i hope they have a better notification system on windows phone 8!! but still, this phone is awesome n so much better than some i have used over past few years. im very happy with nokia lumia 900.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
AT&T's HSPA+ "4G" network is a crock. Getting the exact same speeds as my iPhone 4. Hopefully they expand LTE up a little further north from DC soon.

Oh and it didn't come with a headset? Every phone I've ever bought came with one since 2001. What's the deal Nokia?

@socialcarpet, on the Facebook thing. In the settings you can filter what contacts display on your phone as usable contacts. You will still get everything updating. But when you look at your actual contact list facebook contacts will be removed and it will only display your gmail contacts for example; how I prefer it. I just found this out and found it to be much improved.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The vibrate is a bit week, not sure someone that does manual labor is going to feel it during the day while working.

But my biggest gripe is one that may not be the lumia's fault, might just be i've been doing unlocked phones for so long it's not something i have dealt with.
I HATE the way you have to handle your contacts, i just want a list and phone number, i don't want friends lists from other sites, i don't want email address's. I just want a simple list the same way all my other nokia's work.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
But my biggest gripe is one that may not be the lumia's fault, might just be i've been doing unlocked phones for so long it's not something i have dealt with.
I HATE the way you have to handle your contacts, i just want a list and phone number, i don't want friends lists from other sites, i don't want email address's. I just want a simple list the same way all my other nokia's work.

Go to the people app, then settings, then "Filter my contact list". That'll let you not see Facebook/Twitter/etc contacts. As for not wanting email addresses, just don't enter them in. :D

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed media volume (music and video) is plenty loud, but system sounds are pretty quiet. I used to keep my Titan on 20 unless I was playing something in the car, and the 900 can stay on 15... But then it's really hard to hear texts/calls/emails. Maybe it's all in my head.

aimfire72

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not super impressed with the screen, can't understand why it's gotten such glorious reviews... to me, it's just "okay". I also have the first Titan, kinda like the screen on that better.

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Somebody mentioned this the other day but when listening to music with headphones there is an audible hiss when the volume is low/no music playing. Anyone else experience this? Other than that im very happy with the upgrade from the Focus.

I noticed this last night while I was using bluetooth headphones (cheap brand--rocketfish) and the phone was plugged in to charge. Now I'm using the same headphones without the power source plugged into the phone and it makes a huge difference. I'm actively listening for the noise and I can hear very little, if any. I don't hear any at during quiet or silent parts of a song, only in between songs. I think its similar to when I would use my iPhone in the car with the aux cable. If I had to plug it in to charge at the same time the noise would be so bad I couldn't even listen to it.

lumianut

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Lack of Pandora, WP7 Connector on Mac is slow as ****, no manual brightness change, I am sure I will find more later.

For all the gripes about this screen it looks pretty damn nice to me.

Metroradio FTW! Better than the official Pandora app as you can see upcoming and past played songs and like/unlike them accordingly.

Freakin sweet!

Depatter

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
1. Phone smudges and fingerprints are the worst on any phone I have ever had
2. Button are not always lit and when they are they seem dim
3. Scrolling is not always smooth
4. The vibrate is just weird
5. Power button placement. Makes generic car docks really hard to use.

All small nitpicky complaints. Overall I am very happy.

Last edited:

rogeret

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I love this thing!

I picked up my iPhone 3GS after playing with the Lumia for a few hours and it felt like the antique that it is. Same with my wife's iPhone 4.

I do have a couple of minor gripes. When playing Angry Birds, it keeps stopping in the middle of the game and asking me for audio input. I'm sure it's a bug, but I can't figure out how to make it stop. I'm not hitting any buttons to make it happen.

I would like to have the text notifications stay on the screen. What is the point in having them disappear?

Also, one minor self imposed issue that is surely a bug. When the phone first arrived, my son turned it on and hit Spanish instead of English. Not a big deal to switch it back, but the keyboard remained a Spanish keyboard. It would even correct in Spanish at random times and then English the rest of the time. I wound up resetting the phone and all is well.

Otherwise, I love the phone and don't notice the fingerprint issue that I have read about. Maybe there are good things about being in my 40s and having my eyes get bad :)

Last edited:

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
1. Phone smudges and fingerprints are the worst on any phone I have ever had

2. Button are not always lit and when they are they seem dim

3. Scrolling is not always smooth

4. The vibrate is just weird

5. Power button placement. Makes generic car docks really hard to use.

All small nitpicky complaints. Overall I am very happy.

I just picked up the ivisor from the ATT store. It is a nice screen protector and will take care of the finger prints. Also picked up the ifrogz case. Came in matching cyan!!

Sent from my Htc Titan using Board Express

iOSisStale

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
For me,

1) I must say that the camera is pretty mediocre...Very dusty looking pictures when taking pics of my office. Need to play with it more outside and mess with some settings, so far, no impressed.

2) SMUDGE!! either my fingers are dirty as **** or this thing attracts smudgeness and grease like flys on sh1t...little annoying.

3) I miss my homebrew apps :( somebody unlock this thing!

Other than that, im happy-
Just switched from iOS and love WP7. 4 years ago iOS was pretty revolutionary but has grown a bit stale. I hope WP7 is a success so more apps get ported over. This is a totally different approach than android or apple and if people just tried it they would like it. We'll see! Good luck WP7!!

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I would like to have the text notifications stay on the screen. What is the point in having them disappear?

If you pin your messaging app to your home screen, it shows a count of new messages.

Not a complaint, but I have the black version, and every time I set it down on a black surface it goes camo--and I lose it. I guess the cyan owners don't have to worry as much about misplacing theirs...

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Not a complaint, but I have the black version, and every time I set it down on a black surface it goes camo--and I lose it. I guess the cyan owners don't have to worry as much about misplacing theirs...

I'm sure people will come up with their issues with Cyan -
ex: They lost it on friday night - the phone went camo with all the other florescent lighting :D lol

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
my complaint is with using forums... How do people copy the .img from photobucket/ SkyDrive/ Flickr and post it in a forum from a WP w/out a keyboard???

JetLife87

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's a little jarring having apps reload all over again every time. No suspended states and resume. Isn't there some fast app switching or something with mango?

Also, twitter app; always reloads and takes me to the top of my new tweets. No way I will remember where I last checked. Lame.

Oh yea, the vibrate sounds very strange. Almost like my electric razor but a lesser version. Also quite weak.

The twitter app Rowi should address the taking you to the top of your tweets problem. Also, apps reload if you launch them again from the start screen. You have to press and hold the back button to use fast app switching. Backing out of an app closes it; going to start screen hibernates the app for fast app switching.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshletHarris