Since a lot of us got our phones, what don't you like?

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Charging the phone takes a long time. Is this normal or do i have a defective unit? Same outlet I used to use on my iPhone, which took less than an hour to fully charge, but with Lumia 900, just looked at barely reaching 98% after more than 2 hours. Just curious how long it's taking other Lumia 900 owners.

jawesome

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Charging the phone takes a long time. Is this normal or do i have a defective unit? Same outlet I used to use on my iPhone, which took less than an hour to fully charge, but with Lumia 900, just looked at barely reaching 98% after more than 2 hours. Just curious how long it's taking other Lumia 900 owners.

I don't own one but I think it's normal. I think I read in a review that it takes 3 hours for a full charge. It's a large battery so it takes awhile.

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

LOL! Yeah it does take longer than my 4S for sure, but I charge mine overnight while I'm sleeping so as long as it can get done in 6-7 hours I'm good!

rogeret

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
If you pin your messaging app to your home screen, it shows a count of new messages.

Not a complaint, but I have the black version, and every time I set it down on a black surface it goes camo--and I lose it. I guess the cyan owners don't have to worry as much about misplacing theirs...

I do see the count on the main screen, but I would like to be able to see the notification by hitting one button. I hate
to say this, but like the iPhone does.

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Fifth- Reception, absolutely sick. I work in a hospital, deep down in surgery. My iPhone 4s, Skyrocket and Atrix routinely well, SUCK. Lost signal, even wifi random. The nokia Lumia 900 works well, very well. Great signal, receive texts, make calls and data. I dont have to stand on one foot, hold my mouth to the left and jump up and down as I do with the iPhone 4S.
Lastly- camera, it could be better for 8 MP, not nearly on par with others but the flash is good. I am hoping software updates can CRISP the images up some. Not concerned with speed, options, etc. They are all fairly good. Just make the pictures POP.

Overall, I am satisfied. Really enjoying windows phone and the lumia900. Will I keep, yes.

I agree with you on the signal. I have the titan and my phone looses signal or gets one bar in my house, where my wife's lumia 900 gets 2-3 bars. She says she has not lost a call yet.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Normal, i had a samsung focus 2 and it takes a bit of time to charge. Sames goes with my lumia 900

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there a battery app, or are you guys checking % through settings?

There is no official battery app where you can display the % unless you go to settings.

The only way you can get a battery app that shows % is if you have a developer unlocked phone. You can developer unlock your by phone by being a developer and applying for a code through MS or wait till somebody from XDA jailbreaks it.

I had samsung focus s developer unlocked and i had the app, very helpful app. I hope lumia 900 gets a jailbreak soon.

whoswhoo

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My only complaint is the keyboard sound setting is a bit too low. My Surround when set at 3 volume the keyboard can be heard clearly...but the lumia I can only get that feedback when its at 20 or above.....then the ringer or music is booming. An update allowing for separate volume between ringer,system ,and media would make this phone a 10 for me.

I think the pictures come out great. Easily as nice as my wife's iPhone....IMHO

GPS...I have never had a phone that worked this well ...the GPS signal locks on almost immediately....just awesome. No more waving the phone around like my Samsung and HTC Android phones.
I am currently having the opposite issue on GPS. My first trip it kept saying "satellite connection lost" or something along those lines. Ill keep working it, I just hope it gets better. Also, when I shake the phone back and forth it has a rattle inside... Anyone else hear that? Is it the sim rattling?

Last edited:

rogeret

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am currently having the opposite issue on GPS. My first trip it kept saying "satellite connection lost" or something along those lines. Ill keep working it, I just hope it gets better. Also, when I shake the phone back and forth it has a rattle inside... Anyone else hear that? Is it the sim rattling?
No rattle here. You might to get that looked at...

M3Armand

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I don't like is the vibrate. Doesn't feel/sound right

It was a little weird at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly.

It's a little jarring having apps reload all over again every time. No suspended states and resume. Isn't there some fast app switching or something with mango?

Also, twitter app; always reloads and takes me to the top of my new tweets. No way I will remember where I last checked. Lame.

Oh yea, the vibrate sounds very strange. Almost like my electric razor but a lesser version. Also quite weak.

Coming from an HTC HD7S, the vibrate on the Lumia is pretty non-existent especially if you put a skin on this thing. Almost kinda useless. I was hoping that the vibrate would be as strong as one of my old-time favorite Nokia phones - the Nokia 8260; where if I had that phone in my pocket, it would literally make me jump since the vibrate was so strong. Unfortunately, not in the case for the Lumia...

Last edited:

kharma00

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Overall I'm very pleased with the phone coming from an HTC Surround. My biggest annoyance so far is that the buttons do not stay illuminated when the screen is on. Also, when they are on it's a faint sickly green. Lastly, maybe it's just me but the alarm seems loud as **** compared to my Surround, even with vol set at only 5.

tenoclock

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The phone heats up pretty bad if you are in the area without cell phone signals (where i was this weekend up in the woods). I turned off the cellular data and wifi thinking this should make the phone stay hibernated. However I think the phone's still looking for signal somehow. I'm guessing turning off the cellular data doesn't mean it would turn off the radio signal.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

Mine takes significantly longer than charge than my iPhone did. The A/C charger doesn't seem any faster than charging off a PC USB port.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
My only gripes are the sound the vibrate makes and the color of the buttons. The vibrate is strong enough for me, but I hate the sound. And i'm used to the white glow of the buttons on my HTC Trophy, so the dim brownish color is weird. Other than that, it's great! I have no issues with fingerprints, if anything, it is less prone to them than my Trophy was. I don't think I have really had to wipe the screen since I got it, and looking at it now, there aren't many smudges. I am really pleased with AT&T so far. I had to call customer service to port two numbers over and the guy was really helpful. And the HSPA+ speeds have been averaging about 5 Mbps where with Verizon I would be lucky to get 1.5. No dropped calls yet, but I don't really make many calls so that might be why.

EDIT: So, I just tried out my 900 to see if I had this hiss that a lot of people have, and I don't. I have tried with headphones and through my car stereo and nothing. If anything it is better than my Trophy. I actually had to check to make sure music was still playing in between songs because it is so quiet. Also, I am more than happy with the screen on the 900. The bezel is nowhere near as bad as people were/are making it out to be. Maybe since I came from the Trophy and that has a similar and more pronounced bezel. And I understand the appeal of the curved screen from a design standpoint, but I prefer the flat screen with a bezel as I have a tendency to drop phones screen down. And a screen curved outward does not mix well with that.

Last edited:

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This is the first real bug I have encountered...

I am also getting a hiss.

Not sure what I'm going to do at this time, really love my phone and don't want to have to exchange it.

My phone only has this hissing with headphones, bluetooth audio works excellent. I noticed it when I tried to play a podcast through Zune. I get the same sound in MetroRadio, it is a very loud hissing and the volume of the audio is very low, I can't hear it unless I turn up the volume and the hissing is overpowering.

Another note, the hissing is there, but to a lesser degree when I use the FM Radio.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
This is the first real bug I have encountered...

I am also getting a hiss.

Not sure what I'm going to do at this time, really love my phone and don't want to have to exchange it.

My phone only has this hissing with headphones, bluetooth audio works excellent. I noticed it when I tried to play a podcast through Zune. I get the same sound in MetroRadio, it is a very loud hissing and the volume of the audio is very low, I can't hear it unless I turn up the volume and the hissing is overpowering.

Another note, the hissing is there, but to a lesser degree when I use the FM Radio.

I've got a soft hiss as well. It's noisier than my Pre (well, any of my webOS phones), but it's so much softer than the noise on my Dell Venue Pro. However, turning up the volume should cover it up. At least, it does on mine.

Jomon

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't like the metal thing that they used on the edge of the screen. It seems to chip off or get dings easily. I also wished they used aluminum instead of chrome for the camera strip. Chrome scratches way too easily!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos