One of the recurring cons I saw in many of the L900 reviews, was that the power button placement was "unintuitive". After using the phone for about a day, I feel like the power button works well, at least for the way I hold the phone. Anyone else agree?
    04-06-2012 06:09 PM
    i love the placement...i came from an HD7 and a Titan and I HATED having the power button all the ay at the top....for phones with 4.3 and up, it almost HAS to be on the side like the Lumia for ergonomics
    04-06-2012 06:11 PM
    To be honest, I think the volume and power buttons are situated a little lower on the side than I thought they would be. I'm always hitting the power button with my middle finger when I put the phone into my pocket.

That said, I think having the power button on the side for a phone this size is an excellent idea. It would actually be very uncomfortable to put it at the top.
    04-06-2012 06:13 PM
    My last three phones were the Lumia 800 Samsung Focus S and Lumia 900 button is in the same place on all three device so I'm okay with it.
    04-06-2012 09:41 PM
    I like the power button on the side and the charging port on the top. Makes the device easier to charge and still use without being bugged by a cord.
    04-06-2012 09:58 PM
    I have a Focus S and I feel like a power cord on the bottom is more intuitive honestly.
    04-06-2012 10:32 PM
    I was really skeptical of both the power button location and the charge port location. I'm now in love with the power button. Wouldn't want it anywhere else. I like charge port on top so far, having used the phone on the couch while plugged in and in car for Nokia Drive while plugged in. We will see how I feel about it using it in bed with it plugged in. That may be the ports downfall.
    04-07-2012 12:29 AM
    Power button feels ok on the side. Downside of charging port on top though is it makes docking accessories a real challenge. Unless someone can create an app to invert the OS when you plug your phone into a Bose Sound Station upside down.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-07-2012 01:09 AM
    I'm liking the button on the side. I just find it easier to access rather then it being on the top. I though id hate it but that's not the case.
    04-07-2012 01:17 AM
    seriously??? I use a Samsung Focus (gen 1), which has the power button on the side, but much higher, since the volume is on the other side. At least with that arrangement I feel like there is a soid area I can firmly grip without accidentally pressing something. I bought my wife the Lumia 900 and every time I try to use it I end up inadvertantly turning it on or off. There is no good way to get a good hold of the device without having a finger on a button. I'm afraid to get the next Lumia for fear of this coming back to haunt me, although it is encouraging to see a number of people say that their opinion was changed after using the phone for a while.
    08-24-2012 09:21 AM
    Moving from a different phone where the power button is located somewhere else, makes it feel funny. After a few days, or a week with it, the placement feels ok.

I'm pretty sure moving back to the original phone after a fair amount of time with this phone, would make the placement of the original phone feel funny. It's all about what you're use to.
    08-24-2012 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD