Lumia 900 No Data on 3G/4G

goeman

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having this problem too, hard reset doesn't fix it...Could be a back end provisioning issue. I was told this at the store. If it doesn't clear up by Monday, I will go back.
simple fix for me was the following:

Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve data connection issues:
1.Remove the SIM card and leave the SIM card out for the next three steps.
2.Perform a Master Reset (Settings > About).
3.Let the product boot up without a SIM card.
4.Turn off the device.
5.Verify that the SIM card is LTE enabled.
6.Insert SIM card and boot up.

goeman

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having this problem too, hard reset doesn't fix it...Could be a back end provisioning issue. I was told this at the store. If it doesn't clear up by Monday, I will go back.

4.Turn off the device.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

4.Turn off the device.
I did this earlier today...It worked until 5 minutes ago....No data again now.

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it has something to do with the way the 900 deals with LTE. Since the iPhone isn't LTE it wont have the problem. I had to hard reset the phone today to get cell data connectivity back. This seems to be some settings issue as opposed to hardware so I'm sure a firmware update would fix it......but who wants to wait for that? I can't wipe my phone every two days just for the honor of using a Nokia.

I completely agree! I love the look of this device but I won't let the industrial design of a product dictate my usage.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Guys its HIGHLY unlikely its the phones...Nokia knows how to build phones and it seems hard to fathom that Nokia AND ATT would miss a problem this large in the hardware testing. Its more than likely ATT's network somehow, and the phone isn't officially released yet, so its hard to say for sure what the deal might be at the moment

altano

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue today and turning off the WiFi fixed it. I was NOT connected to any WiFi hotspots so I can't explain that. Even rebooting didn't fix it. I'm not sure if this is a fix that would work for others.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

altano

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Err, just to be clear, I turned the WiFi off and that fixed it, and it continued to work after I turned the WiFi back on.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My data is back as well...very strange. Perhaps it's just a little growing pain for the 900 on AT&Ts end ....I hope.

firepromaster

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I didn't have a problem of losing data. When I activated my phone initially, I never had data at all. So I went to att website and started a support chat session. The rep never solved my problem and found out eventually at a corporate store that our town tower had gone down. So I decided to wait till the next day to do a support chat session again. This time the rep verified that our tower was up and I was receiving a voice signal but, still no data signal. After some background work on the reps part, setting up a lte plan and making sure my settings were good, the rep sent a message to my phone. It automatically went to sim applications and told me to press here to reboot phone. Rep told me to press it. After this lte was still inactive on my phone. She said a hard reset was a last option before sending me to a corporate store for a replacement sim. Thank the lord hard resetting the phone finally got my lte showing and working. I believe it's an att issue. Get on the phone or a support chat session until they fix it. I am really doubtful that most of our problems are hardware issues. Also sorry for the long post!!

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, yes, the hard reset YESTERDAY got LTE and data working again great BUT.... Today when I turned the phone it said LTE but the data would not work, although it does with wifi, so back to the same exact problem as yesterday. Unfortunately ATT tech support is closed on Sunday.

This phone's going back on Monday if they can't fix this once and for all. Plus, for what it is worth the LTE on my Verizon Razr was 2.5 times faster: 6 to 10 (usually 6 MB with 5 bars LTE) on AT&T versus 20 to 30 for Verizon (usually around 22 to 25). I love Windows Phone and the Lumia, but not if I can't reliably use the data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12