Lumia 900 No Data on 3G/4G

wizll

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
heh. I'm able to consistently walk from one end of my office to another end to switch between LTE and 4G. when I'm on the LTE side of the office, phone data works fine. when I walk over to the side where i only get 4G, data connection is not working.

nm seems like my office is like a deadzone with the AT&T towers. if i walk outside things are always fine.

Last edited:

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Strange update.....no data but after leaving my house data came back on LTE and 4g. I have an at&t microcell in my house. After returning home data was dead....i unplugged the microcell and data came back. This doesn't answer for my losing data when I was already away from my house but it is with noting. So far my data is working fine without the microcell being used....we'll see.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
ATT replaced my phone today because they didn't want to spend a ton of time trouble shooting it. So far so good, though I am almost positive the camera on this one is half as good as the last one :(

Edit: the camera issue was a strategically placed smudge I didn't see on the lens.

Last edited:

bevt

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
we got our phones in corp store today and were told manager had a list of IMEI numbers that were an issue. They seemed to confirm that is the issue.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
we got our phones in corp store today and were told manager had a list of IMEI numbers that were an issue. They seemed to confirm that is the issue.
I wonder if that will mean the phones will need to be replaced or an update will fix the problem.

jedivulcan

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Lumia 900 when I received it last Friday. I entered the IMEI and ICCID as instructed on the paper materials I got in the box (and from the AT&T e-mail I got instructing me on activation.

The Lumia 900 had issues with cellular connectivity. After ~30 minutes, it stopped receiving SMS, data, and phone calls. I restarted the device, connectivity came back, and it eventually dropped again.

I called AT&T, who confirmed that my iPhone's unlimited data plan was indeed upgraded to an LTE smartphone data plan. Numerous times, the employee on the other end confirmed that the correct data plan was on my account. The employee did a reset and asked me to provide the ICCID and IMEI numbers again. Restarted the device. Worked. AT&T employee sent me a text and phone call to verify.

I get off the phone. 30 minutes later. No connectivity again.

I checked my account online. AT&T's system saw my Lumia 900 as a non-smartphone. My unlimited data option, as well as any smartphone data option were gone and replaced with non-smartphone data plans. From the looks of things, it seemed there was no data plan selected for my account. When I pre-ordered my phone via AT&T Premier on the 30th, there was clearly an option for unlimited LTE data I was grandfathered into, which I selected. My e-mail confirmed this.

*sigh*

I explained everything when it was happening on Friday in another forum post on WPcentral.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-900-ace/189402.htm

I ended up, after speaking/chatting with 7 different AT&T employees on Friday, to simply return the phone because I wasn't getting anywhere. I wanted a refund. I got a label and asked that I not be charged for restocking and shipping and a full refund.

When getting my iPhone 4's unlimited data plan restored (which, the site correctly identified my SIM back in the iPhone 4 ... but still no data plan selected).

The first representative said that it wouldn't show an unlimited data plan because it wasn't offered anymore. The second representative restored it and it's correctly showing along with the newer data plans.

I checked my bill today and it looks like I was charged ~$30 worth of data and fees over what my bill normally is. I'm not and won't be responsible for data fees because they can't probably assign/identify IMEIs.

Total, utter confusion. Frustration over a simple activation.

I'd watch your usage, your bill, and what your AT&T representative tells you. Make sure your bill and whatever you were grandfathered into is there.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering...for those that have the data problem. What does it say on the bottom "Made in ..."?

I got two Lumia 900's last Friday. One was having the data problem and has been fixed through a device exchange. My new one says Made in Korea like the other one I have and they both work.

This article says devices Made in Mexico are having the problem:

Some Nokia Lumia 900 units are having network connection issues

Wish I would of looked before I exchanged it.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering...for those that have the data problem. What does it say on the bottom "Made in ..."?

I got two Lumia 900's last Friday. One was having the data problem and has been fixed through a device exchange. My new one says Made in Korea like the other one I have and they both work.

Mine is a nightmare and it's made in Korea

cwmont13

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

I remember when I got my BB Torch 9800 and there were many issues with certain devices made in Mexico. I had to replace my first within a week. There were many QC and data issues with those devices.

I went to the local ATT corp store today to see the 900. They had both the cyan and black on display right next to the ever loved by ATT iPhones. Neither of the Lumias on display were connected to the internet however the iPhone's were connected.

Couldn't ask a rep why as they were all busy but might swing back there tomorrow and see if they're connected and possibly ask about it.

I wonder if the Mexico issue was the reason?

cybergrimes

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
So... I got my phone about 5 hours ago.

LTE data: yes
Outbound calls: yes
Outbound text: yes

Inbound calls: no
Inbound text: no

The AT&T representative did something to my line but when I tested an incoming from my wife's iPhone he promptly decided the problem was with her Verizon service.

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So... I got my phone about 5 hours ago.

LTE data: yes
Outbound calls: yes
Outbound text: yes

Inbound calls: no
Inbound text: no

The AT&T representative did something to my line but when I tested an incoming from my wife's iPhone he promptly decided the problem was with her Verizon service.

Are an existing AT&T customer or did you just ported your number?

twingravity

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I've had this problem all day, been on the phone, been in the corp stores (couldn't replace because they're out of stock) and tried every setting I could find. This is APN settings I found online that finally worked

In Settings > Cellular > Add APN

APN
isp.cingular

User Name
isp@cingular.com

Password
cingular1

So far, so good. Best of luck!

kicknik

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Working again!

After working for two days, today my data mysteriously stopped. I took it into the AT&T store and it didn't fix it and the guy tried putting in the ISP APN and it didn't work.

FINALLY though I got it to work-

I was on the phone with AT&T and we tried some stuff that didn't work and then she told me to clear the internet cache which I did and then did what I think was the solution as someone above said:

Set the APN-

I personally used

APN- wap.cingular
User Name- wap@cingulargprs.com
Password- cingular1

TURN PHONE OFF/THEN TURN ON
Now try Data. Hope this helps!

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I've had this problem all day, been on the phone, been in the corp stores (couldn't replace because they're out of stock) and tried every setting I could find. This is APN settings I found online that finally worked

In Settings > Cellular > Add APN

APN
isp.cingular

User Name
isp@cingular.com

Password
cingular1

So far, so good. Best of luck!

wow this is great! I just lost my data connection 10 minutes ago and this work around worked like a charm. Just goes to show you it's an issue on AT&T's side.

nikkopol

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
bad phone

I posted earlier about my data problems. Same as many other people here. I've had the phone since Friday and data is not working at all. It will work for a little while if I do a hard reset, but eventually stops working again. After a few days of phone and chat support, AT&T told me to go get a new SIM at one of their stores. Well, I can tell you that doesn't work either. It worked at first, when the rep first installed the SIM, but I was savvy enough to have her try a restart of the phone, and sure enough it stopped working again. The rep's conclusion was that the phone was bad and they're going to replace it (didn't have cyan in stock, so couldn't do it today). I really believe there was a batch (hopefully only one batch) of bad phones that came off the line somewhere. All of the reps had the Lumia in the store, and they were working perfectly...so they're not all bad.

BTW, the store rep told me that they got an internal memo about data problems with the Lumia 900 due to a batch of bad SIM cards. It's becoming clear that the problem is bigger than just SIM cards.

drussello

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I just got off of a 2 hour tech support phone call with AT&T that got escalated twice. Apparently the problem is supposedly with my SIM card that I have already had swapped twice and not the phone. So if you look at the SKU number on the actual SIM card, not on the larger credit card that you pulled it from, you will see a 5 digit number followed by a letter G or a letter O. So the G cards are the problem and they cause your data plan to push out as a 4G (NON-LTE) plan which eventually leads to the problem we are all having that can only be band aided by adding secondary APN information or hard resetting your phone.

Another thing I learned, apparently your phone is supposed to have blank APN information listed in the settings. The add APN button under cellular settings is to add a secondary cell network. Your primary APN is hidden and created by your SIM card. I was instructed to go to my AT&T store tomorrow morning where they would supply me with the correct LTE SIM card.

I will update here after my trip to let you all know if my problems are fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss