I received my phone today -- beautiful hardware, but I'm having some issues:

1. The ESPN app (by Nokia) crashes every time it starts to load. It initially had me go to the Marketplace to get an update... after the update, it crashes every time.

2. Launching various other apps have caused problems, too. For example, after using the device for a while, when I try to launch an app, it immediately sends me back to the Home Screen. Sometimes the app eventually loads, and sometimes it doesn't... when I reboot the device, it seems fine for a while and then this happens again. It's happening with the built-in apps, like Settings and Music+Videos. The "App Highlights" app causes the phone to reboot every time.

I haven't done anything to the device except set it up, connect to Zune, sync my music, and configure Wi-Fi...

Anyone else seeing these issues?
    04-06-2012 08:46 PM
    i have zune set up and used the same app espn one and it has no issues i could be just a bad phone i noticed on mine i have what looks to be a nic on the side of the raised glassed looks like something from the factory but nothing else
    04-06-2012 08:59 PM
    ESPN app working good for me. Haven't had any issues with any other apps yet.
    04-06-2012 09:18 PM
    Any suggestions for a remedy? I've reset the phone back to factory settings... not sure what else to try. The U-verse app starts, says "initializing..." then quits. Never crashes the phone, like ESPN, but never finishes loading, either.
    04-06-2012 09:22 PM
    ummm Can anyone tell me why I can't find/download any of the nokia apps!?
    04-06-2012 09:23 PM
    ummm Can anyone tell me why I can't find/download any of the nokia apps!?
    dude the nokia apps are in the marketplace hit that tile then click on nokia
    04-06-2012 09:33 PM
    Yeah they are not appearing for me, Ive been looking for them for a while now. I also can't find skype or update my ESPN app
    04-06-2012 09:44 PM
    Any suggestions for a remedy? I've reset the phone back to factory settings... not sure what else to try. The U-verse app starts, says "initializing..." then quits. Never crashes the phone, like ESPN, but never finishes loading, either.
    Sync everyhing to Zune and do a hard reset, sync back.
    04-06-2012 09:45 PM
    Just did an online chat with AT&T tech support. They didn't have an answer and tried to blame it on the ESPN app (even though other apps exhibited the same behavior).

She suggested that I take it to an AT&T store to have them look at it. :(
    04-06-2012 09:46 PM
    Just did an online chat with AT&T tech support. They didn't have an answer and tried to blame it on the ESPN app (even though other apps exhibited the same behavior).

She suggested that I take it to an AT&T store to have them look at it. :(
    Hope you uninstalled the applications and reinstalled using a fresh download from the marketplace.
    04-06-2012 09:48 PM
    My Bing keeps on popping up while I am in the middle of something. The screen freezes ( cant use capacitive buttons below) and then the Siri-Equivalent talks on it's own! Very frustrating @_@ Anyone had the same problem?
    04-06-2012 09:52 PM
    My Bing keeps on popping up while I am in the middle of something. The screen freezes ( cant use capacitive buttons below) and then the Siri-Equivalent talks on it's own! Very frustrating @_@ Anyone had the same problem?
    You are not accidentally hitting the search button, are you?:)
    04-06-2012 09:58 PM
    Hope you uninstalled the applications and reinstalled using a fresh download from the marketplace.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just uninstalled the ESPN app, then reinstalled it -- same issue loads for around 20 seconds then reboots the phone.
    04-06-2012 10:01 PM
    Yeah they are not appearing for me, Ive been looking for them for a while now. I also can't find skype or update my ESPN app
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...b-c0a3f4360a51

and espn app works flawlessly on my lumia 900. i suggest you take it back to at&t store and they will exchange your phone with a new one. also ask them for a free bumper since you had to go through all this ;)
    04-06-2012 10:29 PM
    Thanks henlip!
    04-06-2012 10:42 PM
    You are not accidentally hitting the search button, are you?:)
    No sir, I am not. I left the phone on the table and it is doing bing and siri all by itself. Sorry I dont know what else to call the talking companion.

I am frustrated! It freezes up after it does that.
    04-06-2012 10:44 PM
    No sir, I am not. I left the phone on the table and it is doing bing and siri all by itself. Sorry I dont know what else to call the talking companion.

I am frustrated! It freezes up after it does that.
    when did siri get on onto windows phone 7 last i checked that was iphone are you sure you have a lumia?
    04-07-2012 12:14 AM
    when did siri get on onto windows phone 7 last i checked that was iphone are you sure you have a lumia?
    hahah MeTalk. Im sorry whatever you call that
    04-07-2012 12:15 AM
    hahah MeTalk. Im sorry whatever you call that
    it could be software hiccup i would take the phone to a store and have it replaced and test the new one before you leave.
    04-07-2012 12:17 AM
    Is anyone's camera acting up? When I start the camera (from either the lock screen or the app list), the screen remains all black, and the side options (flash, etc) are grayed out and cannot be toggled.

I have not yet activated my phone, but my sim card came pre-installed in the phone.

Could this possibly be linked to the fact that I have a non-activated phone, or does this sound like my camera is faulty?

Thanks guys!
    04-07-2012 02:03 AM
    My device has locked up a few times on me and the screen won't turn on. Have to soft reset for the phone to come back to life.
    04-07-2012 02:18 AM
    ESPN wouldn't load for me either. Kindle crashes bad too. Other than that, this phone rocks so far!! Will get back to y'all if I find more.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-07-2012 02:54 AM
    Is anyone's camera acting up? When I start the camera (from either the lock screen or the app list), the screen remains all black, and the side options (flash, etc) are grayed out and cannot be toggled.

I have not yet activated my phone, but my sim card came pre-installed in the phone.

Could this possibly be linked to the fact that I have a non-activated phone, or does this sound like my camera is faulty?

Thanks guys!
    Try taking the sim out and restarting phone. You should not be having that issue. Not sure what it is just something I'd try.
    04-07-2012 03:39 AM
    Follow-up: I took my device to the AT&T store today for a replacement (as instructed by the tech rep on chat yesterday). As I expected, the AT&T store didn't have any in stock and said that they don't officially launch on the stores until April 14th (which was news to me, as all the info I've seen said that they would be available in stores tomorrow).

So, I called AT&T tech support and after being transferred 4 times, they finally issued a return. They verified that it was in stock and will be shipping it FedEx Overnight on Monday.

What a pain.
    04-07-2012 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD