Issues with Lumia900/WP7

loomeea

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I received my phone today -- beautiful hardware, but I'm having some issues:

1. The ESPN app (by Nokia) crashes every time it starts to load. It initially had me go to the Marketplace to get an update... after the update, it crashes every time.

2. Launching various other apps have caused problems, too. For example, after using the device for a while, when I try to launch an app, it immediately sends me back to the Home Screen. Sometimes the app eventually loads, and sometimes it doesn't... when I reboot the device, it seems fine for a while and then this happens again. It's happening with the built-in apps, like Settings and Music+Videos. The "App Highlights" app causes the phone to reboot every time.

I haven't done anything to the device except set it up, connect to Zune, sync my music, and configure Wi-Fi...

Anyone else seeing these issues?

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i have zune set up and used the same app espn one and it has no issues i could be just a bad phone i noticed on mine i have what looks to be a nic on the side of the raised glassed looks like something from the factory but nothing else

loomeea

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Any suggestions for a remedy? I've reset the phone back to factory settings... not sure what else to try. The U-verse app starts, says "initializing..." then quits. Never crashes the phone, like ESPN, but never finishes loading, either.

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Any suggestions for a remedy? I've reset the phone back to factory settings... not sure what else to try. The U-verse app starts, says "initializing..." then quits. Never crashes the phone, like ESPN, but never finishes loading, either.

Sync everyhing to Zune and do a hard reset, sync back.

loomeea

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Just did an online chat with AT&T tech support. They didn't have an answer and tried to blame it on the ESPN app (even though other apps exhibited the same behavior).

She suggested that I take it to an AT&T store to have them look at it. :(

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Just did an online chat with AT&T tech support. They didn't have an answer and tried to blame it on the ESPN app (even though other apps exhibited the same behavior).

She suggested that I take it to an AT&T store to have them look at it. :(
Hope you uninstalled the applications and reinstalled using a fresh download from the marketplace.

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
My Bing keeps on popping up while I am in the middle of something. The screen freezes ( cant use capacitive buttons below) and then the Siri-Equivalent talks on it's own! Very frustrating @_@ Anyone had the same problem?

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My Bing keeps on popping up while I am in the middle of something. The screen freezes ( cant use capacitive buttons below) and then the Siri-Equivalent talks on it's own! Very frustrating @_@ Anyone had the same problem?
You are not accidentally hitting the search button, are you?:)

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No sir, I am not. I left the phone on the table and it is doing bing and siri all by itself. Sorry I dont know what else to call the talking companion.:confused:

I am frustrated! It freezes up after it does that.

when did siri get on onto windows phone 7 last i checked that was iphone are you sure you have a lumia?

leoment

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone's camera acting up? When I start the camera (from either the lock screen or the app list), the screen remains all black, and the side options (flash, etc) are grayed out and cannot be toggled.

I have not yet activated my phone, but my sim card came pre-installed in the phone.

Could this possibly be linked to the fact that I have a non-activated phone, or does this sound like my camera is faulty?

Thanks guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea