Any time I view content that is mostly white, like this page for instance, the screen takes on a yellowish appearance and things seem a bit...cloudy I suppose. Looking at it from a slightly less straight-on angle gives a better, truer, truer view, but makes actually viewing the content, or typing impossible. Anyone else notice this issue?
    04-07-2012 01:23 AM
    Update, this seems to be most noticeable in low light situations, with the brightness set to auto. It dims and that is when the colors seem to distort a bit. I'm assuming this might have something to do with the clear black layers in the screen. In a side note, my soft keys also have a yellowish color to them, definitely won't white or bright for that matter.
    04-07-2012 01:28 AM
    have not noticed this on this phone i did have this happen on a samsung and iphone 4s but not this one
    04-07-2012 01:29 AM
    It doesn't seem to get distorted, but I am getting yellowish screen temperature, which is more noticeable when the screen is dim. It's definitely a warmer color than my Samsung Focus. When the screen is dim it makes the soft keys look brownish as it tints the grey keys yellow/orange. Here is the phone next to a focus, both with the blank browser screen: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...LJE81m-lXjOvAA
    04-07-2012 02:00 AM
    This is just how supper amoled is they all do it in power saver mode. Basically when you have a bright white background this dimming the whites saves power. If you turn off the auto screen brightness and put the backlight on high this effect will go away but it will effect battery life
    rjansen3 likes this.
    04-07-2012 08:31 AM
    Haven't noticed that issue myself. Screen is white with no yellow or blue tinge. Screen brightness is low, and on auto. FWIW.
    04-07-2012 11:45 AM
    Dave is spot on. Last night before I fell asleep I did indeed turn of the auto dimming and set the brightness to high. This did in fact bring the whites back up. However, I'm going to stick with auto for obvious reasons.
    04-07-2012 12:09 PM
    Mine has that Blue hue but I was expecting it due to the Amoled screen :dry
    04-07-2012 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD