Anybody else having issues with pictures being super blurry, grainy, color distorted in areas with less light? I am not talking about dark rooms, im talking about a room that has decent lighting.

Very dusty looking picture, i would zoom out as well and just looks like a cloud of dust, i played with the setting and couldnt get it to look anything respectable.

My focus S camera was very good outside and inside with limited lighting...900, looks real bad. Anybody got suggestions on settings for lower lighted areas besides getting a new light?

FYi, that is supposed to be my dog.
    04-07-2012 01:20 AM
    Here is a picture taken with my samsung focus S in the same room at night.

You can tell the quality is significantly better on the samsung focus s...

Disappointed with the camera big time here, i tried about 50 shots and couldnt get a decent shot in the room. The autofocus is pretty bad as well. This Carl Zeiss dude is full of sh1t. :(

Any tips, help would be appreciated. This isn't a user error :P
    nokia4life likes this.
    04-07-2012 01:27 AM
    Did you try focussing the camera? The camera button has two steps - one to focus and then full press for taking picture.
    04-07-2012 02:21 AM
    Four different shots:

23: Single overhead 10w incandescent bulb. Tap to Focus.

24: Single overhead 10w incandescent bulb. Half click to focus. Full click to capture.

25: Rear lit by 2 10w incandescent bulbs. Tap to focus.

26: Rear lit by 2 10w incandescent bulbs. Half click to focus. Full click to capture.

In shots 23/24, the bulb had been on for a while so it was functioning at the full 10w, albeit with a smoked glass globe covering the bulb. In shots 25/26, I had just turned on the bulbs so they may not have been operating at full illumination.
    Last edited by hiko36; 04-07-2012 at 05:04 AM.
    04-07-2012 04:58 AM
    ya tried everything. Looks pretty bad still. Read some reviews and some noticed same thing.
    04-07-2012 12:05 PM
    I just took indoor comparo pics against my old N95 8GB (5MP Carl Zeiss lens), and the N95 took WAY brighter pics. Even in the viewfinder, the difference was pretty dramatic.

While reading the various reviews, I was thinking this was going to be a future software tweak, but now I'm not so sure. Nokai certainly took a couple steps back with the camera. Poor Carl...
    04-07-2012 01:21 PM
    I am also disappointed with camera, some of the pics I took last night took sharp pics but the color was off. Overall I am happy with the build quality but the camera is a big turnoff

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-07-2012 01:24 PM
    I think it likes to jump to a really high ISO level for dark shots. I tried turning it down and it helped a lot.
    04-07-2012 09:21 PM
    Yeah I'm seeing this as well. The camera appears to be worthless in lower-light settings. Way worse than my Focus. I'll post a sample comparison when I get a chance.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-08-2012 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD