FM Transmitter?

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
In various reports, I have seen mention of a built in FM transmitter to stream music to a car radio, but I can't find any settings or controls on the 900 to do this. Has anyone figured it out yet? The manual says nothing about it...

ryouzaki

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
tech sites sure mess up the lumia 900's specs. just sometime ago i read an article that claimed it came with iCloud and Siri!!! seriously....

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I don't know if the 900 comes with one. I have a Trophy and it has one, but I don't really use it.

But my question is, why would you want to stream it to your car radio? Doesn't the car radio have FM? LOL

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
None of the current Windows Phones have a transmitter. All windows phone have a FM receiver built in that only work with headphone. The headphones work as the antenna. If you plug in a set of headphones then go to Zune on you device you will see the FM radio and be able to access tue controls

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hah, that site said the 900 was announced in October 2011, and they don't know what kind of CPU it has. They also call the display a Super AMOLED. You should stick to official sites for specs.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You should stick to official sites for specs.

Yeah, I know. Just that I thought I noticed it on enough sites that I thought it was a feature. Not a big deal, as I have a hardwired jack in my car, but it would have been nice in my friend's car that doesn't. Anyway, not a big deal, just thought it would be kinda cool to have the capability...

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Mr

I don't know if the 900 comes with one. I have a Trophy and it has one, but I don't really use it.

But my question is, why would you want to stream it to your car radio? Doesn't the car radio have FM? LOL

FM transmitter is used to play your music saved on the phone by setting your phone to transmit signal/music and you just tune your car radio to receive the signal from the phone without buying any extra gadget,

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Nope, sadly, FM transmitter is not equipped on Lumia 900 as former expensive NOKIAs, and neither does the NFC exist on Lumia 900 as stated in several tech sites. They've just messed up with the specs...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
i think the people here who do not really know what an fm transmitter is shouldnt reply! really now! its not just a radio, do some reading!

I disagree this is a help forum you know. We come here to help each other. If someone doesn't understand something let's explain it to them in a civil manner and try to help. If you have something helpful to contribute pleas do if you can't help pleas move on to the next thread.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I believe at least the flagship WP8 phones have hardware capability, but it is not being utilized. I wish this could be somehow enabled later on software-wise, cos it's the one feature I miss by far the most from my N8. I only drive cars with nothing more but an FM radio, so the only way to listen to the music I want when I'm driving is an FM transmitter. Been thinking about getting an external one that goes into the 3,5mm plug, but I drive sorta rarely to warrant it, as they arnt exactly cheap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs