No VVM for Unlimited Data LTE plans?

bwigginit

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I called AT&T this morning to inquire as to why my visual voice mail was not working on my Nokia 900. The reply that I got was that they do not currently have a "code" to add VVM to a unlimited LTE plan as I currently have. The only way to get it added was to downgrade to a capped data plan, which I will never do. He suggested calling back in a few weeks to see if they have added a code yet to add this feature to my plan. Sucks.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, don't call the CSRs, they are so incompetent. I had some VVM issues and they didn't know what I was talking about. Go to the store and they'll get it cleared up.

cwmont13

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Man ATT will use any excuse to try and kill off your unlimited data plan. I called them once and they tried the same BS with me when I moved to a 4G phone. So I went to a friend who works at an ATT corp. store and have him do my phones even though its a 40 mile trip to where he works now. I've done at least 4 phones through him and have never lost my unlimited plan. Don't let them give you any excuses, you can have VVM with any data plan.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I called ATT 800-331-0500 talked with a rep to provision my microsim with LTE unlimited and VVM...done deal...

Call that number and try it, if they say no, hang up and call again..

I went through a company wide migration to ATT from tmobile for work and each rep have different stories and policies. Just have to find the right one.

bwigginit

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Trying that phone number now... Been on hold with the rep for about 15 minutes now while she looks for the right code. About to hang up and try again...

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea I am on unlimited 4G and my VVM is working. VVM may have not gotten provisioned onto your account when they put the unlimited data on it.

bwigginit

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Still no luck with the at&t reps. Have tried 2 now and they both claim unlimited data LTE with VVM is not available for the lumia 900. The latest one screwed it up even more, now I'm not even getting new voicemail notifications.
I told her people online were having success with VVM. She told me to ask anyone what their "fox" code. This supposidly is the code needed to get it to work. Anyone know what this is?

dacunto

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Still no luck with the at&t reps. Have tried 2 now and they both claim unlimited data LTE with VVM is not available for the lumia 900. The latest one screwed it up even more, now I'm not even getting new voicemail notifications.
I told her people online were having success with VVM. She told me to ask anyone what their "fox" code. This supposidly is the code needed to get it to work. Anyone know what this is?
I can't get my VVM to work and I am on a capped plan. Even went to a corporate store, no solution. They say I am on the correct plan

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I called AT&T this morning to inquire as to why my visual voice mail was not working on my Nokia 900. The reply that I got was that they do not currently have a "code" to add VVM to a unlimited LTE plan as I currently have. The only way to get it added was to downgrade to a capped data plan, which I will never do. He suggested calling back in a few weeks to see if they have added a code yet to add this feature to my plan. Sucks.

I also have unlimited and VVM working fine. Did you have another AT&T phone with VVM? If you did try calling your voicemail the old fashion way and make sure it is running. Then go to the phone tile, scroll to voicemail, and it should ask for your PIN.

JRBTempe

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Success! Took 4 calls to AT&T with 4 different service reps, and it's finally working now.

I was having the same issue today and was initially told I'd have to wait until April 17 to get it resolved, but after reading about bwigginit's success I tried again and wouldn't you know it -- the next gal on the line got it working just fine. Thanks for that tip!

JRB

ganks

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
On hold with ATT right now. Also on an unlimited plan with no VVM. 2nd tier rep is "researching" the issue...Just want to check this feature out, sometimes I cannot access by dialing it (like when on another conf call) and this will be a great feature to have.

Update - rep wasn't able to get it to work and basically blew me off. If I had more time I would have pressed him. I think I got the same guy the OP had...

Last edited:

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
On hold with ATT right now. Also on an unlimited plan with no VVM. 2nd tier rep is "researching" the issue...Just want to check this feature out, sometimes I cannot access by dialing it (like when on another conf call) and this will be a great feature to have.

Update - rep wasn't able to get it to work and basically blew me off. If I had more time I would have pressed him. I think I got the same guy the OP had...

Try this..call your VM, got to option 4 , and you can change your pin from there. Once you change your pin, leave a VM to yourself. When yout try to access, it should ask for PIN. Enter your new PIN. It worked for me ansd someone else in here. worth a try..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa