06-25-2012 11:29 AM
59 123
tools
    No problems here. So far so good....

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express
    04-14-2012 03:57 PM
    I'm having problems where I just lost wifi internet, then it will come back a little bit later, then I will lose it again. The phone is connected but the webpages are just super slow or don't load.

I didn't really have any data problems before, the at&t connection got faster, but it looks like it is at the expense of my home wifi connection.
    04-15-2012 09:10 AM
    So a while back we got a Kindle Fire and it wouldn't connect to my home WiFi. Long story short, it wasn't compatible with my wireless router even though the router was b/g/n. So those of you that are having problems connecting to your WiFi I suggest that you try connecting to another WiFi that has a different router to double check its not your router or some kind of router incompatibility.
    04-15-2012 10:29 AM
    So a while back we got a Kindle Fire and it wouldn't connect to my home WiFi. Long story short, it wasn't compatible with my wireless router even though the router was b/g/n. So those of you that are having problems connecting to your WiFi I suggest that you try connecting to another WiFi that has a different router to double check its not your router or some kind of router incompatibility.
    Yeah, router issues are possible, but I've got 3 different open Wifi networks (a Linksys b/g/n, a Netgear b/g, and a Linksys b/g) I've tried connecting to besides my own, and other devices connect to those fine with no bandwidth issues, but the Lumia has problems on all three.
    04-15-2012 10:57 AM
    I tried it with my work, my school and my neighbor's wifi and I am still having problems with the update. I just gave up and disable wifi every time I turn it off. It is a hassle, but at least I don't have to worry about the connection when I need it to work. But thanks for your suggestion.
    04-15-2012 11:00 AM
    Has this issue been resolved by any chance?

When browsing on your phone and connected to WiFi without putting the phone to sleep, does it hold the WiFi connection without dropping it?

Also, when you do put the phone to sleep, it drops the WiFi, correct? Does this happen on all of the Lumia 900s?

Lastly, you said that when you resume the phone from sleep it says no data connection.. but if it switches to cellular data won't you have a connection?

I'm planning on buying this phone but if the WiFi doesn't work then I have to reconsider
    No wi-fi issue here. DLink 825 router, and multiple AccessPoint through out the house.
    04-15-2012 02:11 PM
    Just try to disable the data connection if you using wifi.
    This workaround works for HTC devices for 6 months now.
    I'm using an HTC HD7 and live with this wifi problem since nov 11.
    Great tip, thanks! This should save me 100s of MB on my data plan!
    04-15-2012 03:25 PM
    If my phone is charging, or even if its not there should be these options under wifi:

Turn off with phone.
    Keep on when charging.
    Always on.

Seriously these aren't hard features to add..
    04-15-2012 03:50 PM
    So out of curiosity is there anyone who had this issue who has swapped out their device for a replacement which doesn't have the issue now?

I assume everyone else is waiting for AT&T to get more in stock as well, but just checking. It'd be great if we could definitely say that it's a hardware issue or not. Doesn't seem like one to me, but you never know, I guess.
    04-16-2012 11:35 PM
    So out of curiosity is there anyone who had this issue who has swapped out their device for a replacement which doesn't have the issue now?

I assume everyone else is waiting for AT&T to get more in stock as well, but just checking. It'd be great if we could definitely say that it's a hardware issue or not. Doesn't seem like one to me, but you never know, I guess.
    I'm very interested in this as well. The WiFi issue has really been irritating me lately, to the point where I just keep WiFi off and use LTE. I'm really fortunate that I'm in an LTE coverage area, I guess, since it's even faster than my home connection, and that the heavens that Nokia finally got the 3G/LTE data bug fixed ahead of schedule or else I'd really screwed.

Ideally, though, WiFi is what I'd like to use for many reasons: first and foremost so I don't destroy my AT&T data allowance. But also important: battery life seems to suffer on LTE when I'm doing a lot of browsing, especially when compared to WiFi.

I know other folks have been wrestling with WiFi issues for months, but I never had any WiFi issues with my HTC Arrive. Multiple laptops, Kindle Fires, regular Kindles, and Android phones use my WiFi network without any issues. My Lumia 900 is the only device that is having a problem. I've also experienced this problem on the WiFi at work.

So if anyone exchanges their device to see if it fixes this specific issue, I'd really like to know what happens. Thanks.
    04-17-2012 07:38 AM
    I did a hard reset and that fixed my issue for awhile. I then went to a 4G area (away from Bostons LTE) and the wifi still worked. When i got back to Boston I noticed that my phone says 4G instead of LTE. I reboot then phone and LTE comes back but the wifi starts acting up. If I shut off the data the wifi works perfectly. This morning I go back to my office that is located in a 4G area and the wifi here works perfect even with the data connection on. I wonder if this is an issue with LTE and Wifi being on at the same time.
    04-17-2012 11:33 AM
    Huh, that would make sense. I'm in an LTE area as well, and haven't ever been outside of an LTE area with the Lumia yet.
    04-17-2012 01:20 PM
    To be honest, I'm even more convinced now that this is a software problem. I've spent the last four hours with Wifi on, and LTE/cellular off and Wifi works perfectly the whole time as well.
    04-18-2012 08:16 PM
    I just swap my phone (for another reason) and I am still having this issue. But I am kind of used to turning off data and turn on WiFi at this point now :-S

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-18-2012 09:11 PM
    BTW, I am living at the edge of the LTE coverage. Do you think this could be a problem?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-18-2012 09:12 PM
    Here is my dilema, when I am at work I use my computer as a hotspot. When I get home, it connects and all that good stuff. Now when I turn it off for a couple of minutes. Its fine... Now i play with it, and i try going on the net. It just doesn't connect to my WiFi. It connected a second ago, now it doesn't.
    04-18-2012 11:03 PM
    same symptoms as others have mentioned.
    LTE + wifi on = crappy, unresponsive, barely works
    CELL Network OFF + wifi on = blazingly fast

it makes absolutely no sense that I need to turn off my cell service in order to get reliable wifi connectivity. part of the reason for having wifi and cell on the same phone is that my data goes through the wifi pipe and my SMS and phone calls come in as normal through my cell service.

I have never had this problem with the HTC Arrive.

I hope this is a software issue and not a hardware issue where the placement of the LTE and wifi radios are interfering with each other.

I would also like to know if anyone has had any success in getting a replacement that doesn't have this issue, as it would help save me some time from going to an AT&T store and wasting time there if it's an issue with all phones.
    04-20-2012 01:19 AM
    no where's near lte. The update didn't fix my WiFi issues, but did fix the data over cellular, spoke with Nokia and at&t, they told me to reload the device, no dice. Still same issue. Thought it was my router,till I tried airplane mode and bam, WiFi works perfect. Can't get calls but, I'm sure this will get fixed quickly
    04-20-2012 01:37 AM
    no where's near lte. The update didn't fix my WiFi issues, but did fix the data over cellular, spoke with Nokia and at&t, they told me to reload the device, no dice. Still same issue. Thought it was my router,till I tried airplane mode and bam, WiFi works perfect. Can't get calls but, I'm sure this will get fixed quickly
    Instead of turning off cell service altogether (e.g., airplane mode), does it help to just turn off data service only?
    04-20-2012 08:35 AM
    never had this issue before the update, or at least I didn't really notice it. but since the update it's a daily occurrence. My 4G will switch to edge when I'm on wifi, and the wifi will not work. Other times it shows 4G and wifi but nothing works.

Now it also shows no service with wifi on but not connected to wifi. But heres the kicker, I was still able to access the internet with no service showing and no connection to wifi.

If Nokia doesn't address this issue, this phone might to going back.
    04-20-2012 09:15 AM
    So I'm starting to get pretty close to the end of my 30 day return period (only a week and a half left). I'm thinking I might have to swap out the phone just for piece of mind even if it is a software issue.

I wonder if there's something common with all of us who have the issue though.

My Router settings:

802.11g/n, (2.4GHz), WPA2, AES encryption, channel 6. I also live in an LTE area, so whenever I'm using Wifi there's also LTE available.

However, I've also had the issue on two unprotected networks 802.11b/g networks as well.
    04-25-2012 02:43 PM
    It's been about 15 hours now since I swapped out my device, and haven't had the issue yet. I'll be sure to give another update after more time, but you might want to consider doing the same just in case if your 30 days are up soon as well.
    04-28-2012 09:40 AM
    Update: I swapped out my phone at something like 6PM Friday, and went all weekend and all work day Monday with no issues whatsoever with connectivity.

I'm pretty convinced that the problem is fixed, I think. I wouldn't wait around until after your return period is up if you're having this issue. I know it's a pain to reinstall all your apps, and you lose settings and game saves, but still.
    04-30-2012 03:58 PM
    Update: I swapped out my phone at something like 6PM Friday, and went all weekend and all work day Monday with no issues whatsoever with connectivity.

I'm pretty convinced that the problem is fixed, I think. I wouldn't wait around until after your return period is up if you're having this issue. I know it's a pain to reinstall all your apps, and you lose settings and game saves, but still.
    Wow, interesting. Maybe I'll swap mine out after all.
    05-01-2012 08:21 AM
    Wow, interesting. Maybe I'll swap mine out after all.
    To me, it was worth it just because of the peace of mind. Maybe it still is a software issue that just hasn't been triggered in the new phone yet, but I'd rather replace it and not need to than not replace it and miss my opportunity.
    05-01-2012 03:32 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD