bad move to start using straight away without charging?

wilco9

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
when it was delivered yesterday, i can't resist but start using it right out of the box. then i noticed the flyer has charging your battery before using recommendation... too late

so is it gonna affect the performance of the battery? i started around 3 pm yesterday and it went out around noon today. then when I plugged into my laptop to sync some music I found it's charging again, but kinda slower than charging from a power let.

a bit worried.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You didn't hurt anything. It is nice if you do not top off the charge for the first few times you charge. This leys the phone find the top and bottom of the battery charge cycle. But it's not necessary the phone will do that sooner or later on its own if you can let it drain to like 20% then charge it to full the first couple of cycles.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i've totally stopped doing the "charge it completely before first use" thing, and in the past 10-15 phone's i've had, i haven't had any issues.

but then again, maybe i don't keep a phone long enough to run into problems with the battery? :p

anyways, in general lithium batteries in modern cell phones don't really have any problems with you just using them and charging them when you want to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05