Trouble in paradise

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Uh oh.....my brand new Lumia 900 lost its data ability....still see LTE as available service but it told me network was unavailable. I went to AT&T ...the rep had a 900...no issue for his data...data and he couldn't fix it. I had to factory reset to phone to get data back.....I hope this is a one time event.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Been having some problems with data not working myself. Even with 4 bars of LTE. Also my sound has stopped working on me twice. Restart ing the phone seems to fix it. At least so far. Hope don't have a defective unit.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
My data also doesn't work anymore. I tried power cycling, and a hard reset, neither helped. Customer service said that they couldn't do anything while I was on the phone, so since I didn't have another phone, I would have to go to a store. The store told me that a bunch of people in my area (eastside of Seattle area) are having problems being provisioned, and it should clear itself up eventually. Hope that's the case, I haven't had any other problems with the phone.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The AT&T rep said it could be caused by the phone not being officially released yet....I am leaning toward it being an AT&T issue as opposed to hardware. My ATT account went to being LTE back to blackberry on their website.

After the reset my data came back to normal. I hope it stays fixed.

I'm in Boston btw.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem today. See my comment below from another thread before seeing this:

"Here was my issue in an LTE market. It was working great. Then, even though it had 5 bars of LTE it stopped working (i.e., my ability to use data, even though the phone continued to show a strong 5 bar connection and with the LTE indicator). Also, when I went out of the city to a "4G" market with 4G on the indicator it still could not access the Internet. Then, later in the day back in the LTE area, the indicator completely died. The phone could access the internet on WIFI fine, but not on LTE or 4G. I was on the phone with the special tech support area for LTE and everything was set correctly, data was on, WIFI was off, etc. Finally, we did a complete reset of the phone and the data is working again.

The tech support person said I was the 2nd Lumia owner today with exactly the same problem and the only thing that worked to fix it was a reset. He was going to call the first Lumia owner back later to see if theirs was continuing to work after the reset or if the problems began to recur. He did confirm, by the way, that LTE and 4G was not down where I was so it appears to perhaps be either a software problem with the phone and/or a radio issue."

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Beginning to think its a LTE AT&T data problem. Went to Sanford Florida AT&T store and rep told me his Nokia lumia 900 has been having data issues all day long. 3-4 bars of LTE. So strong signal in orlando Florida area

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo