Easter Sunday Release

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Great plan to make this momentous launch on a day when most outlets are closed but does anyone know if AT&T outlets/retailers will be open tomorrow.

I am in Miami tomorrow morning and really want to get myself a 900.

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
AT&T retail stores are closed. At least the ones in Orlando area.

Went to Sanford Florida AT&T corp store and they had plenty of stock but told me they can't sell it till Monday.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That is a pity, I work on a cruise ship and if i cant get a 900 this Sunday from somewhere downtown Miami then i will have to wait another 11 days...in which case i might as well get it off amazon.

Really jealous of all the pre-order babies!

Ochowie84

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this is killing me too. I had an issue with my account that prevented me from preordering and now I can't get it until Monday. Not too long to wait but still really annoying that they decided to have "the biggest release since the iPhone" on easter sunday.

NorCalGuy

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Great plan to make this momentous launch on a day when most outlets are closed but does anyone know if AT&T outlets/retailers will be open tomorrow.

I am in Miami tomorrow morning and really want to get myself a 900.
I was at my local AT&T store this morning and they are closed on Easter Sunday, it's a good thing I receoved my pre-order on Friday:cool:

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Dallas, and was looking forward to buying a Lumnia 900 for my wife. Drove to two stores, both closed. Called AT&T and asked if any store was open on Easter Sunday. The answer was all stores were closed. I received mine Friday but so much hype and hopes for this phone and you can't buy one. I wonder if this is going to hurt Nokia/ATT sales.

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Posted this in another thread. Will post it here again:

Called all stores in the San Francisco south bay area. None of them are open. FML. WTF were MS/Nokia/AT&T thinking. No wonder Apple doesn't make such stupid decisions like releasing a flagship phone on Easter Sunday.

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
As much as I love phones, there are some things more important- I am glad AT&T employees get off to be with their family, be at church if that's there they want to be, etc. But yes, dumb move for a rollout on Easter.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm so glad I pre ordered and got my Lumia 900 on Friday.

I mean seriously what was AT&T and Nokia thinking of releasing a major flagship device on a day when all AT&T stores are closed? :straight: WTF?

Last edited:

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Exactly! As i mentioned in another thread, you don't do this whole dog and pony show and then forget to mention that the launch day is on Easter Sunday when, by the way, all the stores will be closed.

This makes MS, AT&T and Nokia look like a bunch of incompetent clowns. Either there is not a single Christian working in their marketing departments to remind them or no one bothered looking at the public and religious holidays of their calenders. Yup! Lets all actively sabotage the product of the year.

I am fairly sure that they lost a lot of sales from potential OS cross over buyers.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs