• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More
07-30-2012 07:03 PM
104 12345
tools
    That is really creepy and sounds like it will have problems in the future taking it to other LTE networks.
    Exactly what US carriers want. AT&T and Verizon would absolutely love it if all the LTE networks in the US were incompatible with each other despite being on the same frequencies.
    07-10-2012 04:31 PM
    Hello everyone, I know that Nokia provides Network Set up application for the Nokia Lumia phone but I want to know that is it available for all Nokia Lumia phones? And what is about its charge? Anyone here can give me information?
    07-18-2012 08:09 AM
    latest from michael in nokia forum

Network setup 2.5.0.0 was published in Windows Phone Marketplace today (24/7/2012).

Now available in the following countries. New countries since the previous version 2.4.0.0 are marked with bold type here.

Africa & Middle East:
    South Africa

Asia Pacific:
    Australia, China, Hong Kong (SAR), Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Europe:
    Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom

Americas (NAM and LATAM):
    Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru, United States

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    It can take up to 24 hours (or sometimes even more) before the app will be visible in the WP Marketplace.
    Devices in some markets may need to be running the very latest software before the app is visible in Marketplace. Existing devices began updating June 20 2012 in the first countries, new devices being produced already have the latest version.

If we receive any further information, we will continue to publish it here.
    Xsever likes this.
    07-24-2012 03:24 PM
    latest from michael in nokia forum

Network setup 2.5.0.0 was published in Windows Phone Marketplace today (24/7/2012).

Now available in the following countries. New countries since the previous version 2.4.0.0 are marked with bold type here.

Africa & Middle East:
    South Africa

Asia Pacific:
    Australia, China, Hong Kong (SAR), Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Europe:
    Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    It can take up to 24 hours (or sometimes even more) before the app will be visible in the WP Marketplace.
    Devices in some markets may need to be running the very latest software before the app is visible in Marketplace. Existing devices began updating June 20 2012 in the first countries, new devices being produced already have the latest version.

If we receive any further information, we will continue to publish it here.
    What about Canada??
    07-24-2012 04:52 PM
    They said nothing about Canada :/

What about Canada??
    07-24-2012 06:06 PM
    If it comes out, and someone gets Straight Talk to work properly, please post the settings in this thread? Thanks..here's hoping my device doesn't need the newest software version to get the app.. Sheesh
    07-24-2012 06:56 PM
    Hopefully this happens but I'm sure I am not the only one who is in "see it to believe it" mode. I've been waiting since march so lets hope it happens!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    07-25-2012 06:11 AM
    does the network settings app allow you to define an APN ad hoc? If so, getting Straight Talk to work will not be a problem.
    07-25-2012 09:54 AM
    I'll believe the app is coming when I see it... not getting fooled again. And what do they mean by "the very latest software?" The latest available to us? Or the latest existing software worldwide, i.e. Tango? Of course, we haven't been graced with that update yet here in the U.S.
    07-25-2012 10:29 AM
    I didn't notice the very latest software part of it...that would suck if us ATT customers had to wait till tango...i still don't believe ATT will ever pus it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    07-25-2012 12:03 PM
    My guess it that Rogers (Can) and AT&T (US) will not see the network setup that allows mms settings to change. Nokia has already let out a disclaimer saying the MMS was hard set to the carrier so that LTE could work and that's why we aren't able to easily change it.
    07-25-2012 04:45 PM
    I believe Nokia stated that it was going to be available in the US but only to unlocked phones... which is none of the Lumia 900's since ATT will not unlock them.
    07-26-2012 07:51 AM
    from the Nokia discussion board:

-----------------
    Hi all,

Network setup 2.5.0.0 was published in Windows Phone Marketplace yesterday. Now available in the following countries. New countries since the previous version 2.4.0.0 are marked with bold black here.

Africa & Middle East:

South Africa

Asia Pacific:

Europe:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Devices in some markets may need to be running the very latest software before the app is visible in Marketplace. Existing devices began updating June 20 2012 in the first countries, new devices being produced already have the latest version
    Shortly after launch, it is hoped that the app will also appear as part of the Nokia Collection in Marketplace.
    We have forwarded a question on availability for Canada and India and will share any information we can as we receive it in this thread.

Hope this helps,

Kosh
    07-26-2012 09:35 AM
    right but that still does not change the facts that for LTE to work the network settings app wont be available for the 900 as its baked wired or whatever. Until ATT decides to start unlocking their devices the network setup app is not happening!
    07-26-2012 10:24 AM
    they should still make it available, because I don't get LTE on ST anyways, but I want the ability to change the MMS center....and that is NOT hardwired.
    07-26-2012 11:00 AM
    07-26-2012 12:43 PM
    moc you rock! If someone would post the instructions for Straight Talk... That'd be swell! :) Nice to see this finally made available.
    07-26-2012 12:56 PM
    For Straight talk, here is what I did and picture messaging is working

Add new
    I set connection name to st, can be whatever.
    internet apn left all blank.
    mms apn
    access point name: Straight Talk
    proxy address: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    proxy port: 80
    mmsc address: http://mmsc.cingular.com

moc you rock! If someone would post the instructions for Straight Talk... That'd be swell! :) Nice to see this finally made available.
    07-26-2012 12:58 PM
    I entered those but now Bing is hanging. Scratch that. It is working now.

Tried MMS and it didn't work. Restarted phone - still nothing. Can't send message. Try again. :(
    Last edited by Phen0m24; 07-26-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    07-26-2012 01:08 PM
    If you go to settings -> cellular in the OS, what do you have for your apn?

I entered those but now Bing is hanging. Scratch that. It is working now.
    07-26-2012 01:16 PM
    cellular APN: att.mvno
    Everything else blank
    07-26-2012 01:19 PM
    That is correct, it should work. Double check all the values I posted in the earlier post for the network setup app.

cellular APN: att.mvno
    Everything else blank
    07-26-2012 01:21 PM
    Connection Name: StraightTalk
    Internet APN: all blank

MMS APN: Straight Talk
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Proxy port: 80
    mmsc addy: HTTP://mmsc.cingular.com

Guess I broke it. :( thanks for the assistance moc
    07-26-2012 01:27 PM
    On the nokia forum, someone else has posted these settings, try it out

Internet APN
    Access point name:
    att.mvno

leave proxy address, proxy port, username, and password empty

MMS APN

MMS access point name:
    straight talk

Proxy address:

Proxy port:

Leave Username and Password blank

MMSC address:
    http://mmsc.cingular.com
    07-26-2012 01:35 PM
    I guess I will have to call. Thanks moc - just keep getting Can't send message - try again. :S
    07-26-2012 01:50 PM
104 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD