Nokia Network Setup app.

Philip DelHagen

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure its regional. I use Red Pocket (an AT&T MVNO) and I was able to download it onto my Lumia 800 a few weeks ago. Now, it's gone. Plus some guy from Ireland in the Nokia forums says he sees the app in his marketplace. Nothing to lose trying your friends sim out though I guess.

I'm now stuck without MMS on my brand new Lumia 900. #Fail
This is what customer service at Nokia .:mad:
In response to your questionThank you for emailing the Nokia USA Careline.

In response to your query, we would like to inform you that you will be able to use MMS on your Nokia Lumia 900 if you have activated the data plan on your device. To activate the data plan on your SIM card and verify the Multimedia Message Settings in your device, we advise that you contact your current network provider.

Please note that the Multimedia Message Settings cannot be pre-configured in the device by Nokia. It is associated with the network service that you are using and can only be provided by your Network Operator or Service Provider. Also, kindly be informed that using the MMS requires data charges.

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
That's total hogwash. I have to be brutally honest. I could have bought the Galaxy Nexus but paid $200 more at Target for the Lumia and this really ticks me off. Group messages don't go through. Pictures. "Yes this is my shiny crippled $550 phone." @#$%&%$#@

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it's finally time to let go. This should have been solved ages ago, and not have been a problem to begin with.

Gonna post mine on Craigslist. Anyone in the DC area looking for a black L900?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, it would be awesome if someone at WPCentral could write an article to bring more attention to this infuriating buffoonery.

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know which phones have a setup app that will let me edit the mms? Does the Focus 2 or Titan 2?

I should have waited, but I will take a loss to get a phone that will "fully" work on an mvno.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The 2nd Gen Samsucks have a utility that allow you to manually configure. The first gen network setup app doesnt work worth a flip. The phone has to be interop unlocked just to use it.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
That is really creepy and sounds like it will have problems in the future taking it to other LTE networks.

Exactly what US carriers want. AT&T and Verizon would absolutely love it if all the LTE networks in the US were incompatible with each other despite being on the same frequencies.

Adyhooper

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I know that Nokia provides Network Set up application for the Nokia Lumia phone but I want to know that is it available for all Nokia Lumia phones? And what is about its charge? Anyone here can give me information?

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
latest from michael in nokia forum

Network setup 2.5.0.0 was published in Windows Phone Marketplace today (24/7/2012).

Now available in the following countries. New countries since the previous version 2.4.0.0 are marked with bold type here.

Africa & Middle East:
South Africa

Asia Pacific:
Australia, China, Hong Kong (SAR), Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Europe:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom

Americas (NAM and LATAM):
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru, United States

IMPORTANT NOTES:
It can take up to 24 hours (or sometimes even more) before the app will be visible in the WP Marketplace.
Devices in some markets may need to be running the very latest software before the app is visible in Marketplace. Existing devices began updating June 20 2012 in the first countries, new devices being produced already have the latest version.

If we receive any further information, we will continue to publish it here.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
latest from michael in nokia forum

Network setup 2.5.0.0 was published in Windows Phone Marketplace today (24/7/2012).

Now available in the following countries. New countries since the previous version 2.4.0.0 are marked with bold type here.

Africa & Middle East:
South Africa

Asia Pacific:
Australia, China, Hong Kong (SAR), Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Europe:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom

Americas (NAM and LATAM):
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru, United States

IMPORTANT NOTES:
It can take up to 24 hours (or sometimes even more) before the app will be visible in the WP Marketplace.
Devices in some markets may need to be running the very latest software before the app is visible in Marketplace. Existing devices began updating June 20 2012 in the first countries, new devices being produced already have the latest version.

If we receive any further information, we will continue to publish it here.

What about Canada??

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
If it comes out, and someone gets Straight Talk to work properly, please post the settings in this thread? Thanks..here's hoping my device doesn't need the newest software version to get the app.. Sheesh

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully this happens but I'm sure I am not the only one who is in "see it to believe it" mode. I've been waiting since march so lets hope it happens!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
does the network settings app allow you to define an APN ad hoc? If so, getting Straight Talk to work will not be a problem.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll believe the app is coming when I see it... not getting fooled again. And what do they mean by "the very latest software?" The latest available to us? Or the latest existing software worldwide, i.e. Tango? Of course, we haven't been graced with that update yet here in the U.S.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't notice the very latest software part of it...that would suck if us ATT customers had to wait till tango...i still don't believe ATT will ever pus it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon