Nokia Network Setup app.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I tweeted both Nokia Care and Nokia Care US about the Network Setup app today and it seems (take it with a grain of salt) that the Network Setup app will be back soon. Nokia Care US was useless, but Nokia Care had some information. Here's what they said:

Nokia Care ‏@NokiaHelps
Hi there, It should be published soon. The Network App as gone through technical approval. Stay tuned. ^JT

Nokia Care US ‏@NokiaCareUS
unable to comment on availability of Network Setup app.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Latest from Nokia, network setup app coming soon.

Hi all,

I would like to again thank you all for your patience.

I can now let you know that a new version of the Network Setup app will be reviewed this week to go live and it should be published worldwide later this week (wk24). Please be aware that propagation through Marketplace may take an additional 3-5 days after the app is published.

I will let you know when I have confirmation the app has actually been published to Marketplace.

Again, thanks for your patience.
Kosh

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I remembered why I needed this app last week--to get Bing working on prepaid :blush:

Come through for us again, Nokia...

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm on ATT prepaid and the APN is set to wap.cingular. Bing didn't work on my Focus S, either, because ATT blocks 4G phones from receiving data without changing the APN.

So I used the Samsung Wireless Manager app and told it that I only wanted to connect to the 3G network. Bing worked, and I didn't need any custom APN configuration anymore.

Strange, but true :confused: Once the Nokia app comes back online, I believe it will accomplish the same thing.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Latest from Nokia, network setup app coming soon.

Hi all,

I would like to again thank you all for your patience.

I can now let you know that a new version of the Network Setup app will be reviewed this week to go live and it should be published worldwide later this week (wk24). Please be aware that propagation through Marketplace may take an additional 3-5 days after the app is published.

I will let you know when I have confirmation the app has actually been published to Marketplace.

Again, thanks for your patience.
Kosh

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for HTC to update theirs to add Straight Talk AND to fix it because it doesn't work on Titan II's.

I'm so going to get a Nokia this fall/winter.

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for HTC to update theirs to add Straight Talk AND to fix it because it doesn't work on Titan II's.

I'm so going to get a Nokia this fall/winter.

Man if it is really coming out this week I will be ecstatic. It is so annoying to not get mms or group texts. If it comes out, Daniel please put it on the front page. :)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Does this app just have preset configurations or can we actually edit mms settings? Like others, I have Straight Talk on my 900 and I don't want to get too excited until known for sure this will help.

mrgreencastle

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Nothing here yet in Canada. At this point I don't even expect it to come out here. This is pretty ridiculous that it has taken them months to release an app that has been available in other markets fine since launch. Not to mention Nokia just released two new apps to their collection, when apparently the Network Setup app was published on the 14th - what the ****, man...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos