Nokia Network Setup app.

slayerx

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
My guess it that Rogers (Can) and AT&T (US) will not see the network setup that allows mms settings to change. Nokia has already let out a disclaimer saying the MMS was hard set to the carrier so that LTE could work and that's why we aren't able to easily change it.

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I believe Nokia stated that it was going to be available in the US but only to unlocked phones... which is none of the Lumia 900's since ATT will not unlock them.

machina

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
from the Nokia discussion board:

-----------------
Hi all,

Network setup 2.5.0.0 was published in Windows Phone Marketplace yesterday. Now available in the following countries. New countries since the previous version 2.4.0.0 are marked with bold black here.

Africa & Middle East:

South Africa

Asia Pacific:

Australia, China, Hong Kong (SAR), Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Europe:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom

Americas (NAM and LATAM):

Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru, United States

IMPORTANT NOTES:

It can take up to 24 hours (or sometimes even more) before the app will be visible in the WP Marketplace.
Devices in some markets may need to be running the very latest software before the app is visible in Marketplace. Existing devices began updating June 20 2012 in the first countries, new devices being produced already have the latest version
Shortly after launch, it is hoped that the app will also appear as part of the Nokia Collection in Marketplace.
We have forwarded a question on availability for Canada and India and will share any information we can as we receive it in this thread.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
right but that still does not change the facts that for LTE to work the network settings app wont be available for the 900 as its baked wired or whatever. Until ATT decides to start unlocking their devices the network setup app is not happening!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
they should still make it available, because I don't get LTE on ST anyways, but I want the ability to change the MMS center....and that is NOT hardwired.

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
moc you rock! If someone would post the instructions for Straight Talk... That'd be swell! :) Nice to see this finally made available.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
For Straight talk, here is what I did and picture messaging is working

Add new
I set connection name to st, can be whatever.
internet apn left all blank.
mms apn
access point name: Straight Talk
proxy address: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
proxy port: 80
mmsc address: http://mmsc.cingular.com

moc you rock! If someone would post the instructions for Straight Talk... That'd be swell! :) Nice to see this finally made available.

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I entered those but now Bing is hanging. Scratch that. It is working now.

Tried MMS and it didn't work. Restarted phone - still nothing. Can't send message. Try again. :(

Last edited:

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
On the nokia forum, someone else has posted these settings, try it out

Internet APN
Access point name:
att.mvno

leave proxy address, proxy port, username, and password empty

MMS APN

MMS access point name:
straight talk

Proxy address:

Proxy port:

Leave Username and Password blank

MMSC address:
http://mmsc.cingular.com

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
one they charge you the regular ripoff rates, the second they charge you the other ripoff rates they meant to charge you the first time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs