My wife wants to buy the Lumia 900 and try it for 30 days.

She is currently on a $25/2GB (grand-fathered) data plan on her Samsung Captivate.

Questions:

1. When she buys the Lumia, can she keep her $25/2GB data plan and just convert it to LTE data plan or will she be forced to go with the $30 LTE data plan?

2. If for some reason she doesn't like the phone and returns it and goes back to her Captivate, can she go back to her original $25 data plan or is it lost for ever?

Thanks.
    04-08-2012 03:06 AM
    You get to keep grand father plan. Nothing will change just because you change phone.

Sent from {HTC Titan} using Board Express
    04-08-2012 08:03 AM
    If she does return it, don't forget about the return fee.
    ninjaap likes this.
    04-08-2012 09:04 AM
    If she does return it, don't forget about the return fee.
    Besides the restocking fee, I remember reading that you're only allowed a certain amount of minutes and/or data before they deny you a return. Read the fine print, OP.
    palandri likes this.
    04-08-2012 09:12 AM
    Yeah the restocking fee sucks. Here is where I like Apple. I think they take the phone back, no questions asked. Other companies would do well to emulate their customer service.

Also I am assuming we have to return it to the place we bought the phone from - for example if we bought the phone from Amazon or Walmart, we have to return it to them, right? Each place may have their own return policy.

I just hope it doesn't come to that. If it does, I will probably take the phone from my wife and give my upgrade (due May 4th) to her. I think I am pushing her more towards the Lumia for my own benefit than her own desire for this phone. :) My original master plan was to get her to buy the Lumia now, and I wait till better WP8 Apollo phones are released later towards the year. But even if owns up with the 900, I will still be happy.
    04-08-2012 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD