12-31-2012 12:45 PM
113 1234 ...
tools
    My camera button will not wake the phone from sleep....all the settings are correct

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    It is designed not to work in two cases.
    1. You had locked the phone within the last 30 seconds...I think its 30.
    2. If there is something blocking the proximity sensor (it thinks the phone is in a pocket or bag and the camera button is being pushed by something random)

If neither one of those is the case, make sure you are pressing ALL the way, not just the halfway press for focusing, and that you are holding it for like 5 seconds or so...its not immediate, because people bump buttons on accident.
    04-08-2012 09:44 PM
    I don't have this phone, but that was fast. DANG.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    04-08-2012 09:49 PM
    After a while my wifi bandwidth will drop down to almost nothing. If I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it fixes it, but it has happened a few times now and is pretty irritating. Outside of that, love the phone.
    Same issue. I'm going to turn off Wifi for all night and all day tomorrow and see if it's restricted to Wifi. Either way, it's really annoying.
    04-08-2012 10:29 PM
    My camera button will not wake the phone from sleep....all the settings are correct
    Same here. Sometimes, it only works if I turn the screen on first and then use the camera button. Othertimes it'll work from sleep perfectly.
    04-08-2012 10:31 PM
    My back and home key get stuck when i play music so if i try to go back ill go to my background tasks and if i try to go home i get speech tried resetting already.
    04-09-2012 12:53 AM
    i took some videos (3) using the wake from camera button feature. then locked the phone without closing the app, put it away for 30 mins, aft er that it did not want to unlock or turn on until i connected a charger. the battery was half full when i was able to restart it after connecting the charger.
    any can reproduce this?
    04-09-2012 12:55 AM
    Data bug here. No data even though it shows full bars and LTE. Restarting the phone would work but today I could not get data back so I called support.

They couldn't see anything wrong and were about to have me do a hard reset when the tech noticed in one of his screens that my device was not registered as being active on LTE.

He did what he called a refresh of the screen and my data started working. I even got the welcome text from AT&T again and that register SIM apps screen that asks you to restart. Basically as if my device was seen as new on the network.

He mentioned that he has seen this same problem with their LTE MiFi device and that a hard reset fixes it for that.
    04-09-2012 01:07 AM
    I'm reading more and more about this data issue from several sources.

We had planned to go to AT&T and get 2 Lumia 900s today (switching from Verizon) but I'm a little nervous since word of this problem continues to grow.

Is there any official word about what is wrong?
    04-09-2012 07:42 AM
    Hi all,
    I had the no data connection issue. Reset the phone and it seems it fixed it. I have not called att, but I am testing it. Almost 24hrs working.

Tried to send a couple of pictures thru sms ( I guess mms) and it took almost a minute to receive it on my wife phone.

Yesterday night while with no light and charging the phone, I notice the light bleeding coming from the back and search button. Is this an issue that will need a phone replacement? Or is it they way that this phone is?

I do not have visual voice mail, and seems to be related to my grandfathered data plan. Have to call to check.

Camera, as everyone have said, it is not that good, but I think they can improve it via software.

Other than that all seems to work ok.
    You have to set up VVM. Its not just going to appear and work.

Make a call to your voicemail by holding the #1, prompts should start and tell you about your new voicemail box, it'll ask to set up a new password, then ask for the greeting. Once that's done, hang up and wait a few mins. Your phone will pop up with a pw, put the one you just made in.
    04-09-2012 08:01 AM
    My back and home key get stuck when i play music so if i try to go back ill go to my background tasks and if i try to go home i get speech tried resetting already.
    This is happening to me as well. If I merely want to back out the phone reverts to looking at background tasks in tile mode. Im sorry, especially with the quality of the pictures its taking, I have already thought multiple times about going back to my original focus! The earpiece sounds muddled sometimes... Data connection and speeds has been great however and the battery life coming from the orig focus has been incredible.

Back to the picture taking, Ive noticed that whatever is being cutt off at the top of the screen in the view finder will actually come out the bottom of the screen! (ie, taking a picture of a statue with the head cut out of the view at the top will show a bit under the bottom part of the screen.

EDIT: I just opened the camera again and the line at the bottom which was showing the cutt of portion of the view at the top of the viewfinder got smaller. Hard to describe obviously but this is massively disappointing.

I was expecting this phone to be a little more refined in terms of its management of the OS and functionality. Strongly considering going back to my samsung.

EDIT #2: After all this I just tried to launch the CNN app and got an error saying there was no data connection. Same in my twitter app. I got full bars on LTE.

Frightening.
    Last edited by zwhohebe; 04-09-2012 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Phone sucking more and more.
    04-09-2012 08:32 AM
    You have to set up VVM. Its not just going to appear and work.

Make a call to your voicemail by holding the #1, prompts should start and tell you about your new voicemail box, it'll ask to set up a new password, then ask for the greeting. Once that's done, hang up and wait a few mins. Your phone will pop up with a pw, put the one you just made in.
    Yep, I discovered that last night. Called my VM only existing account and a minute later the VVM prompt came up, asking for my password. Now I have Visual Voicemail. No CS interaction required.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-09-2012 08:47 AM
    It is designed not to work in two cases.
    1. You had locked the phone within the last 30 seconds...I think its 30.
    2. If there is something blocking the proximity sensor (it thinks the phone is in a pocket or bag and the camera button is being pushed by something random)

If neither one of those is the case, make sure you are pressing ALL the way, not just the halfway press for focusing, and that you are holding it for like 5 seconds or so...its not immediate, because people bump buttons on accident.
    Add a third case to your list. The camera button will not wake the phone if the phone is plugged in.
    04-09-2012 09:35 AM
    Hi all,
    Tried to send a couple of pictures thru sms ( I guess mms) and it took almost a minute to receive it on my wife phone.
    Same here if not worse. My wifes Lumia cannot send or receive MMS, only after several reboots (not hard resets), while my Lumia has not problems so far. Any solutions for this one yet?

MCheiron
    04-09-2012 09:56 AM
    I don't have any data connectivity issues, however I've yet to connect to the LTE network. Is kind of disappointing because i gave up unlimited data and my Nexus on Verizon to get this phone. I'm off today so off to the store i go to see if they can fix the issue. Other than that no bugs just a mediocre camera that i cam live with, if i want great pictures I can use my DX3.
    04-09-2012 10:35 AM
    so far no issues with data connectivity. BUT, if you use WP for Mac and load pictures to the phone, it sometimes leaves an empty folder that can not be removed. may be the software on Mac or the phone, not sure yet.
    04-09-2012 11:06 AM
    Just an update to the data connection issue for me. I turned off my phone last night. After turning it on this morning by plugging it into a power source I no longer have data.

I am in an AT&T LTE area. Have a feeling that 4G would work fine. Dont know if I should replace my device at this point but not having reliable data is a big issue for me as it affects the ability to due my job.
    04-09-2012 11:58 AM
    My wifi connection is slow for some reason, I checked on my computer (speedtest.net/dslreports.org) and both came up with a 20 down and 2.10 down. On my phone I only get around 11-13 down and 1 up? It is strange, I don't like it. Also, this has happened to me twice, but when I wake up my phone it has like a TV on type of shake of the screen. The old TV with bunny ears, how it would have the white line and turn on... Well it did that with my phone. Kinda freaked me out.
    04-09-2012 12:59 PM
    I had my data go out twice at exactly the same time each day (hard reset fixed it the first time; didn't want to do that again today). I talked to a rep in the store and they were immediately aware of the problem - it's the SIM card. They apparently received a new batch of SIMs over the weekend to fix the problem. They provisioned me with a new SIM, but it took almost a half hour for it to start working again.

An interesting trick I learnt from them is to push the volume up, power, and camera button while the phone is on, and hold it until it reboots. Apparently it "resets the network", but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt for now. (As an interesting note, I did that one last time after my new SIM was provisioned and then data worked after that, but I chalk that up to coincidence, because they did that a million times at the store)

The rep had a 900 with working data; he swapped out his SIM and mine and my phone came to life immediately. Goes to show it's the SIM.
    04-09-2012 01:11 PM
    04-09-2012 01:32 PM

An interesting trick I learnt from them is to push the volume up, power, and camera button while the phone is on, and hold it until it reboots. Apparently it "resets the network", but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt for now. (As an interesting note, I did that one last time after my new SIM was provisioned and then data worked after that, but I chalk that up to coincidence, because they did that a million times at the store)
    Okay that worked for me...it was not a new sim..just the old sim that came in with the phone on Friday.

for all who who want to know....it does not reset your phone..

i guess doing this everytime would suck...
    04-09-2012 03:15 PM
    And here is an issue log at windows (atleast something in those lines...)...tag them with "me too" or add your comments there..
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...a-d7490b777189
    Last edited by Sridhar V; 04-09-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: changed URL
    04-09-2012 03:19 PM
    Same here if not worse. My wifes Lumia cannot send or receive MMS, only after several reboots (not hard resets), while my Lumia has not problems so far. Any solutions for this one yet?

MCheiron
    i had that issue on my HTC Titan, it lasted about 2 weeks then apparently ATT did something and it started working
    04-09-2012 03:20 PM
    Got a new SIM...still no data! :(

Argh...
    04-09-2012 03:35 PM
    the data connectivity problem is definitely att because they send some network configs and it works again.
    04-09-2012 04:00 PM
    I hope my saga is over...got the phone replaced and it's working. Scared to turn it off.

Did not think it was the phone at first but then I read this article:

Some Nokia Lumia 900 units are having network connection issues

Still may not be a problem with the phone but all I care about is that my data is working again...at least for now.
    04-09-2012 05:12 PM
113 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD