Battery issues with Microcell

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
After reading all the reviews online I was expecting decent battery life with the Lumia 900. After the first two days I was not seeing it, so I started to research and determined that Windows Phones do not seem to play well with the AT&T Microcell. I initially thought that it was a wifi issue, but when I was out of the house the battery was good and when I came home and got back on my Microcell the battery started to rapidly drain.

I'm now trying a solution I saw that suggested turning off cellular data when on the Microcell. This seems ok since when I am home I use wifi to get a data connection.

Hopefully AT&T is working on a solution to the Microcell incompatibility issue.

bellyer1

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I are both using the Lumia 900 with the AT&T Microcell and it works for us just fine. I had also been using a Samsung Focus previously for over a year without any problems on the Microcell.

The only problem I ever have with the Microcell is that, periodically every few days or so, my previous Windows Phone and my wife's previous Android phone would drop off the Microcell from time to time and then it would either eventually rejoin or we would just reboot our phone and it would work fine again.

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really not been home for very long since getting the 900, but I have a Microcell and I saw some weird things like it not staying on the Microcell during a call and not being able to retreive MMS messages. Turns out my cell data wasn't working at all because when I did leave the house I got nothing. I just had to reboot the phone. Probably didn't have data since I activated it and just needed a reboot to kick in. Battery life hasn't been great, but I'm still in new phone frenzy and using it non-stop so I've chalked it up to that.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I am just outside NY and on the edge of the LTE coverage area which is probably not helping. I have noticed that I float on and off the Microcell, and when not on the Microcell I sometimes get LTE and sometimes 4G.

I removed my number from the Microcell settings online to see what I get, but after several resets of the phone and Microcell I cannot get the phone to stop connecting to it. Will be out of the house most of the day, so I will see how it does when only on AT&T.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs