I have noticed an odd behavior when I have the phone plugged in to charge. If I turn the phone off while plugged into just an AC charger, the phone turns off briefly, then after 2-3 second of the screen being completely off, it will automatically turn itself back on. The screen will flash a few times a light white background and then begin to fully boot up. I've even tried turning the phone off while its not charging, I plug in the phone to charge and it automatically begins to fully boot up. Basically I can't turn the phone off and then just charge it since it will always turn itself on when charging.

Anyone else having this issue? Seems really odd to me.
    04-08-2012 11:54 AM
    Yep...same here on mine and wife's.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    in need of help likes this.
    04-08-2012 12:02 PM
    same happened to me last night. it's really odd indeed. i don't know why they have it set like this
    04-08-2012 12:02 PM
    I have noticed an odd behavior when I have the phone plugged in to charge. If I turn the phone off while plugged into just an AC charger, the phone turns off briefly, then after 2-3 second of the screen being completely off, it will automatically turn itself back on. The screen will flash a few times a light white background and then begin to fully boot up. I've even tried turning the phone off while its not charging, I plug in the phone to charge and it automatically begins to fully boot up. Basically I can't turn the phone off and then just charge it since it will always turn itself on when charging.

It's that way on all Windows Phones. Rather than the charging being controlled via the firmware, it's handled by the OS, therefore it needs to be up and running in order to charge. I kinda bugged me at first, but really I don't think it makes a difference.
    04-08-2012 12:25 PM

I've not used WP7 before but from what I understand this is normal. The iPhone behaves the same way so it's not new to me. If you turn it off it always turns back on when you plug it in to charge.
    04-08-2012 12:55 PM
    Answered to this and many other questions can be found in our stickys in the OS discussion.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-...ion/185136.htm
    04-08-2012 01:02 PM
    yap, same here... and the answers helped, thanks all !
    12-28-2012 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD