My Lumia isn't charging to 100%?

kbaxter34

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Got my Lumia on Friday and ran it until it died. Charged it overnight but when I woke up it was stuck at a 99% charge. Used it all day on LTE and the battery was fantastic. Charged again last night and this morning it was at 98%. What could be the problem here? Should I exchange it out for a new one?

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I would say no. This is common actually. It'll report 99% or close to it when you have it plugged in for extended periods of time. It will actually discharge just a little bit so that the battery doesn't overheat and try to maintain the 100% range. I wouldn't worry about it.

kbaxter34

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I would say no. This is common actually. It'll report 99% or close to it when you have it plugged in for extended periods of time. It will actually discharge just a little bit so that the battery doesn't overheat and try to maintain the 100% range. I wouldn't worry about it.
Hmmm okay. My Samsung Focus would display fully charged. Shouldn't be a problem I guess

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
From where are you looking the charge percentages?

It should be no problem.

Seeing 100% is rare. As soon as you turn your screen on, it will drop from 100% to 99%, even while on the charger. This is because the phone runs off the battery and the battery charges off of external power. And the screen turning on requires a bit of juice to activate. The phone never runs on external power alone. This is also how an uninterruptable power supply works (battery back ups for computers, for example).

Phone wont charge to 100% capacity properly - Page 2 - Android Forums

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Noticed that this morning. Phone was at 98% when I took it off charge. I do miss my Surrounds indicator light. Not as much for missed calls (don't get many) bit the red/green for charging/full charged. BTW, my Surround would sometimes come off the overnight charge at 97-99%. As the L900 battery is not user replaceable I am sure they gave some thought to protecting it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa