Lumia 900 just shut off, wont come back on

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, my Lumia 900 tht had no data connection issue (4g or LTE would not come back until reset) just shut off and wont come on. I've tried charging, plugin to the pc yet nothing! This is becoming very frustrating, anyone else have a bricked 900?

Last edited:

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hold the power button down until you feel the phone vibrate, then release the power button.
Thank you that did the trick, had to hold it for 25-30 seconds. Any reason for why that was needed? I had a HTC Arrive before this phone and never had these issues. The 900 I bought for my wife works perfectly but this one just seems buggy

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I periodically had this problem with some Android phones, except sometimes it just plain would not start even with the trick mentioned. I found that if I plugged it in, then unplugged it, it would often then restart.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Thank you that did the trick, had to hold it for 25-30 seconds. Any reason for why that was needed? I had a HTC Arrive before this phone and never had these issues. The 900 I bought for my wife works perfectly but this one just seems buggy

Probably due to the reset. If your phone is buggy then return it.

dan47hello

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Still having an issue with turning on the Nokia Lumia 900

I have connected my phone to the pc and used the original charger. I now have tried to hold the button down to turn on my device, unfortunately none of this has worked. Do I need to fully charge it? leave it plugged in when I hold down the button? how long does it take for to feel the vibrate? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
this is typical of devices with non-removable batteries..same thing happened to my Cowon J3...i thought it was bricked but left it plugged in to the wall for 30minutes and it came back on

Lmuggs-

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Just had this happen to me. I was charging it and checked something on the phone a few times. The first few everything was fine then it went dark and I had no response. It took a long press of the power button to get it back on. A little worried this wont be an isolated incident.

NeighbrhoodPush

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just had this happen to me. I was charging it and checked something on the phone a few times. The first few everything was fine then it went dark and I had no response. It took a long press of the power button to get it back on. A little worried this wont be an isolated incident.

Ive had the same thing happen to me. I bought my 900 on Monday and t has shut off on me about 8 times since. To turn it back on i hold the power button for about 20 sec. and then i press it again and it comes back to life. its a bit odd because when it shuts off on its own and i call my phone it rings normally on the landline but the 900 just sits on my desk looking pretty. Too bad, so sad. Hope they have a another Cyan available to replace this busted one.

EpidemikE

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I just finished the update

Finsihed the update, the phone rebooted and came up and everything was great.

About 15 minutes later when I went to wake the phone via the lock, the screen was just dead. Phone is on chiming and vibrating and the lock button does work but the screen is just not waking up to display anything.

Touchscreen is working.

JerryTheZ

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Is there actual proof that the sealed battery is the cause of the power issue? I picked up a black 900 on release day. It worked great, I did the software update thru Zune, and a day later the power issue reared it's ugly head. It's happened 3 more times since then. I'm returning my phone today to pick up a new White Lumia 900. Lets hope all the bugs are worked out!!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I had fhotoroom lock up my lumia, What you need to do is hold down the power button while pressing the volume key down. It should do a soft reset (like a battery pull)

Tnviv58

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, my Lumia 900 tht had no data connection issue (4g or LTE would not come back until reset) just shut off and wont come on. I've tried charging, plugin to the pc yet nothing! This is becoming very frustrating, anyone else have a bricked 900?
Hey, mine did the same thing today and I have tried everything to get it back on.....but it will not come back on. I guess I will head to AT&T tomorrow!!! :mad:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I tried that and does not work. I have only had the phone a week. :mad:
While your phone is plugged into the Nokia AC charger, hold the power button down and keep holding it for at least 5 solid minutes. The first report of this stated 5 to 15 minutes, so you would help the community by tracking the actual time. By holding the button, you are allowing the battery to get a little charge (without constantly rebooting). When you release, there should be enough juice to get through the bootup process. After that, your phone should charge normally.

Would really like to know if this works. In theory, it makes sense, but I haven't had the misfortune to try it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6