My zune live tile doesnt work when i play a song (or background changes inside zune)
    I synced my music using windows phone 7 connector for mac. when i played those same songs on focus, it did work then.
    it does work when i play something from marketplace..
    04-09-2012 11:04 AM
    My zune live tile doesnt work when i play a song (or background changes inside zune)
    I synced my music using windows phone 7 connector for mac. when i played those same songs on focus, it did work then.
    it does work when i play something from marketplace..
    The Zune Live tile will only update its image when you are within the Zune app. Meaning, if you are playing a song, using another app, and the next song in the playlist starts (which happens to be a different artist), the Live Tile will not be updated to reflect this. I wish MS would fix this, but I have since resigned to the fact it very well could be a "feature" and not a "bug."
    henilp89 likes this.
    04-09-2012 11:52 AM
    The Zune Live tile will only update its image when you are within the Zune app. Meaning, if you are playing a song, using another app, and the next song in the playlist starts (which happens to be a different artist), the Live Tile will not be updated to reflect this. I wish MS would fix this, but I have since resigned to the fact it very well could be a "feature" and not a "bug."
    but im playing songs within Zune app.
    04-09-2012 01:36 PM
    but im playing songs within Zune app.
    Are you using the same live ID on both phones?

I think that for the Zune app to show a background the Live ID has to be an American one (not sure what other countries are supported, but at least I know that if the Live Id has a Mexican address the backgrounds inside the app, the tile and backgrounds on the lock screen dont work)
    04-09-2012 01:52 PM
    Here is what you do.. While you are playing the music in the Zune app hit the windows button. Then the Zune tile will display the artist you are playing.

So the key is to hit the Windows (home) button while in the Zune app.

Another cool thing about Windows phone is... it can display the artist you are playing on the lock screen. To enable this feature, go to settings > Lock+Wallpaper. In here, enable the option to 'On' for the feature 'Show artist when playing music'.

It's pretty Awesome.
    04-09-2012 02:00 PM
    Are you using the same live ID on both phones?

I think that for the Zune app to show a background the Live ID has to be an American one (not sure what other countries are supported, but at least I know that if the Live Id has a Mexican address the backgrounds inside the app, the tile and backgrounds on the lock screen dont work)
    yes they are both linked (same email) still it does not work.
    04-09-2012 09:56 PM
    yes they are both linked (same email) still it does not work.
    Make sure under settings > applications > music + videos that the "connect with zune" toggle is put on. That should update the tile and the player with pictures of the band. FYI, sometimes they don't have pics of some musicians and you just get a colored screen. Hope this helps.
    04-10-2012 03:21 AM
    if on the "now playing" screen you don't see an image of the artist in the background (and i'm assuming you have a data connection of some sort) then the reason the tile isn't updating is probably because zune doesn't have an image of that artist in their database.

there's a homebrew app on xda that lets you manually add artist images, you need at least a dev unlocked device to be able to sideload it on, but i've been using it on my focus s and now my lumia and it works great.

here's a link to the xap.

[XAP] [BETA 1.5.1] MPAtool - add artist backgrounds to your media library - xda-developers

the only thing i wish it could do was replace the images that zune has already found, since some of them are pretty poor quality, but so far the dev hasn't been able to figure out how to do that.
    04-10-2012 07:55 AM
    Make sure under settings > applications > music + videos that the "connect with zune" toggle is put on. That should update the tile and the player with pictures of the band. FYI, sometimes they don't have pics of some musicians and you just get a colored screen. Hope this helps.
    yaa see but this is adele, avril, linkin park, moroon 5 n kelly clarckson
    they atleast should have it for them right?
    n that connect with zune is on
    i mean this is a very minor thing but it annoys me that it doesnt work
    do you think if i take it back to at&t store, theyd swap it for me (also when i plug in some headphones, it disorts the sound that on 30 i can barely hear it (they work on my atrix n macbook work fine). though some headphones just work fine)
    04-10-2012 01:21 PM
    if on the "now playing" screen you don't see an image of the artist in the background (and i'm assuming you have a data connection of some sort) then the reason the tile isn't updating is probably because zune doesn't have an image of that artist in their database.

there's a homebrew app on xda that lets you manually add artist images, you need at least a dev unlocked device to be able to sideload it on, but i've been using it on my focus s and now my lumia and it works great.

here's a link to the xap.

[XAP] [BETA 1.5.1] MPAtool - add artist backgrounds to your media library - xda-developers

the only thing i wish it could do was replace the images that zune has already found, since some of them are pretty poor quality, but so far the dev hasn't been able to figure out how to do that.
    but when i play the same artists song from the marketplace, then it works? also even though it doesnt show the image on live tile, it brings up the album review of the net
    04-10-2012 01:23 PM
    but when i play the same artists song from the marketplace, then it works? also even though it doesnt show the image on live tile, it brings up the album review of the net
    Here is what you need to do. I've had this issue on my HTC Trophy (1.5 gen) and now my Lumia 900...

You sort of have to 'jumpstart' the artist images. When listening to adele, tap the marketplace arrow on her artist page. This will present all the albums you could download for her. Tap on one of the albums and preview the song. It will force download the album art. After you see her image in the background, go back to listening to a song that is already on your device. You should see artwork in the background on the now playing page. It will also display the art on the live tile. Repeat this step for artists as necessary. Usually it's fixed after the first artist, but you may have to do it for others.
    henilp89 likes this.
    04-10-2012 01:30 PM
    Here is what you need to do. I've had this issue on my HTC Trophy (1.5 gen) and now my Lumia 900...

You sort of have to 'jumpstart' the artist images. When listening to adele, tap the marketplace arrow on her artist page. This will present all the albums you could download for her. Tap on one of the albums and preview the song. It will force download the album art. After you see her image in the background, go back to listening to a song that is already on your device. You should see artwork in the background on the now playing page. It will also display the art on the live tile. Repeat this step for artists as necessary. Usually it's fixed after the first artist, but you may have to do it for others.
    yaa that worked but still annoying that it works on others and just not mine but thank you
    i can live with
    04-10-2012 01:51 PM

Dude! You have no idea how long I've searched for this fix. Thanks a bunch!
    05-07-2012 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD