Votes: 34 63.0%
  • I have problems with my 900

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters

cwmont13

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
To all

I thought a poll for Lumia 900 users stating whether or not they are experiencing problems might be a quick way to see if issues are widespread or just affecting a few users.

Feel free to give a bit of detail regarding issues good or bad.

I'm watching this forum with open eyes as I'm considering making the move to WP and want to find out as much as I can before deciding which way to go.

Thanks

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
None so far. Hopefully it continues..

My samsung focus s worked perfectly for about 3 months before they went down for the count and had to get a new one. Hopefully my 900 doesnt suffer the same fate.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Just do it! It's a phone not a huge investment. Buy it enjoy it! If you don't like it return it within 30 days. There is no need to wait.

I've had zero problems.

Last edited:

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The phone is great, but my screen is way too warm-colored. Colors generally look great, but whites are tinted orange and grays look brown. I thought AMOLEDs were supposed to have a cooler screen color temperature.

whoswhoo

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Issue one: First run with GPS was a little shotty.

Issue two: Phone has a rattle in it. Stopping by store to talk about the issue tomorrow, hopefully.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
And this is troll bait. Proof and point, 6 votes with problems, but no problems posted here.

I don't thing anyone is trolling here I just think the OP wants to make an informed decision. You can't do that without asking questions and getting feedback. Get used to threads like this one there will be many more to come don't forget here at WPC we love polls... Did I say that out loud... lol

I joined to learn! :)

Great site!

o_O and for that reason too forgot that one. :) Welcome to the WPC

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
For every 100 silent-and-satisfied customers, there is 1 really noisy unhappy person. This is true across all industries, all the time, in the entire world. One of the reasons why I get upset when people harp on relatively minor issues is that it can make a product APPEAR to be worse than it actually is. Normally, who cares if some company doesn't sell product, right? In situations like this, when we are kind of rooting for the underdog AND have a stake in how well it does (insofar as more sales of the Lumia will help push app developers to our chosen platform, it actually does behoove us to sell these phones), I think it makes sense to try to post about the good aspects, as well as the bad.

You don't want someone Binging or Googling "Lumia 900" and getting nothing but complaints from forum after forum, after all!

(This is NOT the same thing as fanboyishly defending a product against major problems or insisting that it's perfect. It's merely a calculated and measured response to criticism to assist a good device in getting the sales it needs to become a great one.)

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the poll score would be different if the question were: "I am glad I got a Lumia 900" or not. I either have a faulty screen or just disagree with Nokia's choice of screen color temperature calibration, but I still love the phone, or at least the replacement I might get. It's a great phone.

cwmont13

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't thing anyone is trolling here I just think the OP wants to make an informed decision. You can't do that without asking questions and getting feedback. Get used to threads like this one there will be many more to come don't forget here at WPC we love polls... Did I say that out loud... lol

+1

I used BB for years and now their devices have constant QC issues and their OS is dated, I hate ios, and am tired of Android. So WP is something I'm seriously considering. Honestly, I'm tired of having to root, hack, and load a custom ROM just to get my phone to work properly. Plus don't even ask me about Android battery life :mad:

I figure wpcentral is the place to learn. Just like I did at Crackberry and Android Central.

I didn't start this poll/thread to attract trolls. I've been on forums since the old days of usenet (anybody remember that)? One thing I've learned is that trolls will always be around, and haters are everywhere. Mostly they start their own hate and discontent. Like any other distraction, if you don't feed them they leave for greener pastures.

My main reason was just to get a quick idea of where the Lumia stands as far as problems and good or bad points. Anybody who's been around knows that any new device usually has a few of each.

I've lurked around the Lumia threads enough to know that there are a few issues and just wanted to give owners a chance to let people know if their experience has been good or bad. Maybe give people who are wondering a chance to see what's up with the 900. For me it's not a question of if I'm going to move to WP but Rather when. Just trying to see if it's the right device for me. Believe me, I'd love to see MS take it to the next level in the mobile OS world. The more OS competition out there the better for everyone. The WP7 UI looks so fresh and I really want a phone that works without having to hack it and carry around a bunch of batteries.

So far the camera on the 900 might be a deal breaker for me on this device. I work sometimes as a scout for a couple of dealers and collectors of vintage items. I need a camera that can take good quality pictures of items and then MMS or email them on the spot to buyers. Many times these are indoor shots under low room light. Which seems to be a weak point in the 900 so far.

I'm still checking around the Lumia 900 forum and Just popped over to the Titan II section to have a look see. Decisions?

So far the the poll shows the majority of users are not having problems, so that's a good thing.

Last edited:

cwmont13

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
For every 100 silent-and-satisfied customers, there is 1 really noisy unhappy person. This is true across all industries, all the time, in the entire world. One of the reasons why I get upset when people harp on relatively minor issues is that it can make a product APPEAR to be worse than it actually is. Normally, who cares if some company doesn't sell product, right? In situations like this, when we are kind of rooting for the underdog AND have a stake in how well it does (insofar as more sales of the Lumia will help push app developers to our chosen platform, it actually does behoove us to sell these phones), I think it makes sense to try to post about the good aspects, as well as the bad.

Agree and it's always that 1 person who yells the loudest. People who don't have issues usually keep quiet. So far from my lurking around on this forum, I haven't seen anyone harping too much about minor issues. There are however multiple posts of users with data problems and reporting subpar camera issues. That's not good for Nokia and MS and starts off on a bad note. The mobile world needs WP and a lot is riding on this partnership between Nokia, MS, and ATT. Since I'll be moving to WP soon I hope only for the best to come and a bright future for WP.

You don't want someone Binging or Googling "Lumia 900" and getting nothing but complaints from forum after forum, after all!

That damage is already done. Just do a Google search for "lumia 900" or "lumia 900 problems" (search terms that many prospective buyers might use) and you'll see results at the top of the list already reporting about the data connectivity issues.

(This is NOT the same thing as fanboyishly defending a product against major problems or insisting that it's perfect. It's merely a calculated and measured response to criticism to assist a good device in getting the sales it needs to become a great one.)

I'm not trying to bash Nokia, MS, or ATT but it's obvious that there's an issue with data connectivity on some of the released devices. I don't know who's to blame but something went wrong. This device has been heavily promoted as the platform that will push Nokia and MS to the top and fuel a big spurt in WP usage and development and it's all over the web about the data issues. Not the great start everybody hoped for.

Now is the time for Nokia, MS, and ATT to step up and get this issue fixed. Sometimes it's how fast you react and solve problems that leads to success. I'd love to see in the tech blogs tomorrow something like "Lumia data problem solved by fast action from Nokia, MS, and ATT" rather than "still no resolution to Lumia data problem". We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Yea, the data connectivity issue isn't a minor problem and definitely needs to be addressed ASAP. These things happen, after all, you just wish it didn't happen on THIS launch. But the Demon Murphy shows up only when it matters most, after all!

whoswhoo

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Issue one: First run with GPS was a little shotty.

Issue two: Phone has a rattle in it. Stopping by store to talk about the issue tomorrow, hopefully.

I went to an att store in Grand Rapids and showed him my phone. He shook mine, pulled his phone out and shook it. Then quizzed me on dropping it, took sim out and shook it, and then said well blue is sold out and we have one black. So they called the store in the mall where they had one blue and one black left. So they sent me there for the exchange.

I am happy to hear they are selling well.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I've already listed my problems elsewhere here, but I'm having a few:

1. Wifi is buggy, and eventually will have zero bandwidth.
2. Buttons (volume, camera, headset) don't always work when the screen is off.

And then a little nitpicky, but
3. GPS reception has been much worse than my Venue Pro has been. Not sure if this is also related to 1 though.

My guess is that there's some sort of bug in the state switching from screen off to on or vice versa, so I hope Nokia will fix it soon.

For now I just haven't been using Wifi, and my LTE has been flawless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb