Switch on/off 3g-4g

Mandalai

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody!
I live in Ukraine, i asked my sister to buy me this phone, but in my country there is no 4g/LTE. We have only first steps about 3g, but operators use other work frequency. So there is my question. Could i switch off this types of connections to save my battery life. I've read many posts and there weren't such a questions. Thank you.

got3n

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody!
I live in Ukraine, i asked my sister to buy me this phone, but in my country there is no 4g/LTE. We have only first steps about 3g, but operators use other work frequency. So there is my question. Could i switch off this types of connections to save my battery life. I've read many posts and there weren't such a questions. Thank you.
No, at this time there is no ability to turn off LTE or 4G.

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody!
You really don't have to worry too much about battery life due to lack of LTE. They way the technology is implemented, the phone and the network work together to prevent constant searching. There are indicators in the 3G transmission protocol that tells the phone whether to look for 4G signal or not.It could only be a problem if you are in a border between 3G/4G. (I work with wireless technology standards, FWIW)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte