Screen flex and slightly loose buttons?

Nurb76

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the L900 and received it before it was formally released, and the unit was solid with no screen flex and tight buttons. Unfortunately, this phone had some issues and I swapped it out this morning and my new unit's screen moves a little in some places and the buttons wobble a tad. I walked back in the store when I noticed it and the employee showed me 3 more units and they all did the same thing.

These are minor issues, but I miss my original phone :(

Anyone else experiencing this?

Nurb76

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If you apply pressure on certain areas of the screen particularly the corners you can feel it recesses a little bit.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The demo I tried this morning was very nice and very tight. I wouldn't have cared if they showed me 20 wobbling-screen phones; I'd take my money and go elsewhere, or at least wait for the next drop, if I have no options. Maybe a store that moves phones ahead of schedule has other questionnable practices.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If you apply pressure on certain areas of the screen particularly the corners you can feel it recesses a little bit.

Just so i get this right. You are talking about the whole screen moving when you put pressure on a corner?

As i would imagine that the gorilla glass screen itself could in no way get recessed as you put pressure on some points.

Nurb76

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This was at a corporate ATT store. This is not a dramatic issue, but if you set the phone down flat and apply pressure on the top in certain edges the screen ever so slightly recesses further into the case.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
My suspect-store speculation is less likely. I still wouldn't buy if the screen is not truly firm. BTW, that display is beautiful: about the first I've seen that I like as much as my Focus display.

"recesses further"? The screen is raised, not recessed. With which of your senses are are you gauging the "ever-so-slightly"? It is an unusual raised design, so I did do some pressing and feeling to get a good sense of that glass, but I noticed no give at all. I did not "lay it down and apply pressure": it's still just another plastic phone. But, I do expect phones to feel solid and able to withstand plenty of hand pressure, so that I hear, feel, and see no creeking or wobbling, and I am confident it's tough/solid enough to not require a case.

I would expect though, that a screen that moves a little on the first day, will move more on the second and beyond, especially with the laying-down-and-applying-pressure technique. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo